British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Men are from Mars... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/men-mars-556778/)

admon Aug 24th 2008 7:43 am

Re: Men are from Mars...

if men are from mars, women are from Uranus

TGFKASE Aug 24th 2008 8:08 am

Originally Posted by Charismatic (Post 6704432)
Ahh yes, John Gray! The well renouned evolution psychologist...

...who has never actually conducted propper research and got his degree (In relationship counselling, not psychology) from a “University” closed by court order...:confused:

...but knows a lot about how the sexes interact...

...from the 10 years he spent as a Hindu monk...:confused:

I could go on but I'm sure you get my point ;).

It really is just “Pop psychology”. It's a very good example of how you can cover all the subtleties of a vast and complex topic like behavioral and evolutionary psychology with just a few sweeping generalities missing out the tedious, but necessary, detail to develop a full bottom up understanding of what motivates us all.

If you are interested in the subject I recommend “The Essential Difference: The Truth about the Male and Female Brain” by Simon Baron-Cohen and/or “Sex and Cognition” by Doreen Kimura (Listed in order of preference) written (Beautifully if I may say so myself) by people who are both amongst the foremost experts in their field :thumbsup:.

If I'm harsh on John Gray it's only because he is an inept idiot of an author writing about something he obviously has a shallow understanding of (at best) :mad:, don't let his views alone poison yours because this field of research is rapidly advancing and fascinating when explored by experts :thumbsup:.

Dont think Id take lessons from the guy who created Ali G!!!!!!!!

Charismatic Aug 24th 2008 8:42 am

Originally Posted by TGFKASE (Post 6709222)
Dont think Id take lessons from the guy who created Ali G!!!!!!!!

Simon or Sacha? A relationship advice book by Ali G would be fantastic :rofl:.

http://www.demotivateus.com/posters/...nal-poster.jpg

Norm_uk Aug 24th 2008 10:21 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 6704179)
and women are from Venus...
read the book on my holiday...confirms that men are just weird, illogical and selfish beings...

That book was written by a man...there must be some irony in your statement.

Anyone who has had anything resembling a relationship with any member of the opposite sex knows we think and respond differently. I wish I had cashed in on that and wrote a book with a catchy sci-fi title before that con artist (yes con artist with an online degree from a phony university) did then I'd be rich and inviting you all over to my Venusian shag pad so we can explore our "differences" ;)

Now I will just have to write a book about embittered sexaholic men in the middle east :rofl:

N.

TGFKASE Aug 24th 2008 10:23 am

Originally Posted by Norm_uk (Post 6709451)
That book was written by a man...there must be some irony in your statement.

Anyone who has had anything resembling a relationship with any member of the opposite sex knows we think and respond differently. I wish I had cashed in on that and wrote a book with a catchy sci-fi title before that con artist (yes con artist with an online degree from a phony university) did then I'd be rich and inviting you all over to my Venusian shag pad so we can explore our "differences" ;)

Now I will just have to write a book about embittered sexaholic men in the middle east :rofl:

N.

Autobiographical, is it???

Norm_uk Aug 24th 2008 10:23 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 6704225)
lol...I have to find myself a good woman...

Got a good email the other day with a quote that was something like "women will never be equal to men because they don't have supportive wives"...the email from a friend in the UK who just had a civil partnership with her long friend :)

N.

Eva Aug 27th 2008 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by Charismatic (Post 6704432)
Ahh yes, John Gray! The well renouned evolution psychologist...

...who has never actually conducted propper research and got his degree (In relationship counselling, not psychology) from a “University” closed by court order...:confused:

...but knows a lot about how the sexes interact...

...from the 10 years he spent as a Hindu monk...:confused:

I could go on but I'm sure you get my point ;).

It really is just “Pop psychology”. It's a very good example of how you can cover all the subtleties of a vast and complex topic like behavioral and evolutionary psychology with just a few sweeping generalities missing out the tedious, but necessary, detail to develop a full bottom up understanding of what motivates us all.

If you are interested in the subject I recommend “The Essential Difference: The Truth about the Male and Female Brain” by Simon Baron-Cohen and/or “Sex and Cognition” by Doreen Kimura (Listed in order of preference) written (Beautifully if I may say so myself) by people who are both amongst the foremost experts in their field :thumbsup:.

If I'm harsh on John Gray it's only because he is an inept idiot of an author writing about something he obviously has a shallow understanding of (at best) :mad:, don't let his views alone poison yours because this field of research is rapidly advancing and fascinating when explored by experts :thumbsup:.

Yeh cos he calls his sequent. novel: 'Mars & Venus in the Bedroom'

Surely with Mars leading that's more of a short story than a novel...............

Eva Aug 27th 2008 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie (Post 6707132)
Me, I don't even understand myself.....

As for the rest of you, I'm far from convinced that you substantiate any corporeal existence.....

Do you need a lawyer?

Charismatic Aug 28th 2008 12:09 am

Originally Posted by Eva (Post 6721368)
Yeh cos he calls his sequent. novel: 'Mars & Venus in the Bedroom'

Surely with Mars leading that's more of a short story than a novel...............

:p Not to mention the geometric problems of fitting planets into a bedroom.

There is a cynical part of me saying that women should have sex with other women are reserve marriage and sex with men purely for practical purposes (Getting water to come out of the taps for instance :rofl:), wouldn't both sexes be much happier this way? Of course I'm sure they would have adopted this approach if it had any merit or if there was any truth in the complaint they keep voicing than men cannot satify them ;). So on most grounds I have to refute that argument based on the evidence.

Confucius Aug 28th 2008 11:19 am

Originally Posted by Charismatic (Post 6722092)
:p Not to mention the geometric problems of fitting planets into a bedroom.

There is a cynical part of me saying that women should have sex with other women are reserve marriage and sex with men purely for practical purposes (Getting water to come out of the taps for instance :rofl:), wouldn't both sexes be much happier this way? Of course I'm sure they would have adopted this approach if it had any merit or if there was any truth in the complaint they keep voicing than men cannot satify them ;). So on most grounds I have to refute that argument based on the evidence.

Even I don't understand you...You're not even from Mars,probably...

Charismatic Aug 28th 2008 11:31 am

Originally Posted by Confucius (Post 6723231)
Even I don't understand you...You're not even from Mars,probably...

prolly truez

Confucius Aug 28th 2008 11:36 am

Originally Posted by Charismatic (Post 6723280)
prolly truez

Oh god, you're not also one of those SoCal Valley types are you???Dude???

Charismatic Aug 28th 2008 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by Confucius (Post 6723298)
Oh god, you're not also one of those SoCal Valley types are you???Dude???

Wow there, stand down. Let's not say things we can't take back! :eek:

Confucius Aug 28th 2008 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by Charismatic (Post 6723418)
Wow there, stand down. Let's not say things we can't take back! :eek:

Whassat???

Eva Aug 28th 2008 7:44 pm

[QUOTE=Charismatic;6722092]:p Not to mention the geometric problems of fitting planets into a bedroom

I have no problem getting Planet Earth to manouevre in my bedroom ........

There is a cynical part of me saying that women should have sex with other women are reserve marriage and sex with men purely for practical purposes (Getting water to come out of the taps for instance :rofl:), wouldn't both sexes be much happier this way?

What a drab metaphor...........I'm curious to know Charismatic-is your Avatar a personal statement of sorts?
Oh yeh, your theory- and while all the girls are rolling in the rugs what would you guys be doing? Each others cynical parts???