British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Men can spot a lady of the night a mile off? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/men-can-spot-lady-night-mile-off-632538/)

kittycat1 Sep 25th 2009 10:42 am

Men can spot a lady of the night a mile off?

is this true?

MacScot Sep 25th 2009 11:11 am

Re: Men can spot a lady of the night a mile off?

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 7964189)
is this true?

Perhaps an exaggeration...'tis more likely a kilometre.:)

Millhouse Sep 25th 2009 11:30 am

is this true?

I'd say yes, are you saying women can't?

Madam Medusa Sep 25th 2009 11:43 am

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse (Post 7964275)
I'd say yes, are you saying women can't?

oh women are much better than men at spotting hookers...

it's funny, lots of bar managers here seem particularly unskilled in this area...

MM, xx

Timmy Molloy - London Boy Sep 25th 2009 11:57 am

is this true?

It's true :embarrassed_smile:

MataHari Sep 25th 2009 12:07 pm

is this true?

why...did someone offer to pay you for it...

Jim Smith Sep 25th 2009 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by MacScot (Post 7964237)
Perhaps an exaggeration...'tis more likely a kilometre.:)

I was in The Ramada area of Bur Dubai Monday night to check out any new bands in places like The Music Room and surrounding areas. I was surprised how many hookers there were on active duty, both inside bars and lurking outside in dark areas! Must be one of the few businesses in Dubai that continues to flourish??!!!

Also never seen The Music Room so empty, where has everyone gone??

MacScot Sep 25th 2009 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by Jim Smith (Post 7964456)
I was in The Ramada area of Bur Dubai Monday night to check out any new bands in places like The Music Room and surrounding areas. I was surprised how many hookers there were on active duty, both inside bars and lurking outside in dark areas! Must be one of the few businesses in Dubai that continues to flourish??!!!

Also never seen The Music Room so empty, where has everyone gone??

They can be a pest at times..I went a couple of times the two bars in the Westin, where you have to go outside for a smoke. I was always followed out by ladies of the night who were over friendly ! Got a tad annoying in the end.

Morecambe Mindy Sep 25th 2009 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by MacScot (Post 7964578)
They can be a pest at times..I went a couple of times the two bars in the Westin, where you have to go outside for a smoke. I was always followed out by ladies of the night who were over friendly ! Got a tad annoying in the end.

My husband had a couple lying all over his car outside the Metropolitan one night. I wouldn't care, but the car is bloody filthy.

MacScot Sep 25th 2009 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by Morecambe Mindy (Post 7964713)
My husband had a couple lying all over his car outside the Metropolitan one night. I wouldn't care, but the car is bloody filthy.

I didn't quite get that ...your husband did the deed with them on the car ? :eek:

Timmy Molloy - London Boy Sep 25th 2009 4:34 pm

I think this might be where Rattlesnake is.., and they operate in hordes in that joint

Millhouse Sep 25th 2009 4:42 pm

Dusty?

Jim Smith Sep 25th 2009 5:35 pm

Sounds like a good title for a book somewhere there!!

Reminds me of "The hole in the sheet" by Mister Completely!!!

kittycat1 Sep 25th 2009 5:45 pm

Haha Matahari,

I don't think anyone would pay me for sex! but was talking with a colleague who had befriended a couple of pros not realising what their profession was, her husband soon pointed it out to her so I was just wondering if men have got a better eye than women- can't say I've noticed any yet....

Euc- Sep 25th 2009 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 7965117)
Haha Matahari,

I don't think anyone would pay me for sex! but was talking with a colleague who had befriended a couple of pros not realising what their profession was, her husband soon pointed it out to her so I was just wondering if men have got a better eye than women- can't say I've noticed any yet....

That just means you haven't been to a bar yet :P

But seriously, almost every place I've been to in Dubai had them, from Boudoir to Ratskey's and from Barasti to 360, and that's just places outside of Bur Dubai (where the "famous" bars are!), every bar, exclusive or open to everyone has 'em. :)