Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

meet and greet at Heathrow

meet and greet at Heathrow

Old Jan 5th 2011, 1:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: meet and greet at Heathrow

Originally Posted by soukie
It will be interesting if you haven't been back for that length of time - I look forward to hearing your feedback! Not sure when you are arriving but it is currently freezing cold and I'm looking forward to getting back to the sun soon.
I am going back in March, just for a week, for my best friend's wedding. Anything below 24c is cold for me anyway lol

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
Have an *interesting* time
It will be fun, I am staying at the Carlton Towers Hotel which is a Jumeirah hotel so it will be "home from home" for me
Old Jan 5th 2011, 1:40 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
I am going back in March, just for a week, for my best friend's wedding. Anything below 24c is cold for me anyway lol

It will be fun, I am staying at the Carlton Towers Hotel which is a Jumeirah hotel so it will be "home from home" for me
it's nice there, we stayed at the Loundes round the corner when we went to London a few years back, you will have a great time! right next to Harrods and Harvey Nicks
Old Jan 5th 2011, 1:47 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

I've stayed there. Very pleasant & nice location.

It'll be very interesting to hear your views on the UK after having been away for so long.
Old Jan 5th 2011, 1:48 pm
Down and out

ctfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond repute

You've been an expat too long Patsy darling.

The only place you'll get that service is landing at the Spelthorne Suite, you'll be lucky if your plane has an airbridge at Heathrow.
Old Jan 5th 2011, 2:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

it's nice there, we stayed at the Loundes round the corner when we went to London a few years back, you will have a great time! right next to Harrods and Harvey Nicks
And Christian Louboutin's shop just round the corner

Originally Posted by Meow
I've stayed there. Very pleasant & nice location.

It'll be very interesting to hear your views on the UK after having been away for so long.
I won't be venturing too far Meow, the wedding is in The Kings road, the reception on a boat on the Thames. I have lunches and dinners arranged most days/nights and of course shopping

Originally Posted by ctfc
You've been an expat too long Patsy darling.

The only place you'll get that service is landing at the Spelthorne Suite, you'll be lucky if your plane has an airbridge at Heathrow.
I think I will stay an expat too ctfc, I have no wish to return full time to the UK
Old Jan 5th 2011, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

zoukla will become famous soon enough

Lol as if I could afford 1st class!!! I am going business and the hotel will be sending a car for me. I looked at that diamond air thing ( thanks durham boy) they want 120 pounds just to buggy you through.
I guess I can wing it as you say BC
I haven't been back to the UK for almost 20 years so it should be an interesting experience
Depends how far inland from the airports you are going you will be in awe of how much the place is the same...
Depending also on where you are going the place is infested with a new breed...
CHAVS and ASBOS sometimes the same species.
Old Jan 5th 2011, 9:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by zoukla
Depends how far inland from the airports you are going you will be in awe of how much the place is the same...
Depending also on where you are going the place is infested with a new breed...
CHAVS and ASBOS sometimes the same species.
I'm going from Heathrow to Knightsbridge....I don't think it can be too traumatic darling
What is an ASBOS????

Last edited by Patsy Stoned; Jan 5th 2011 at 9:24 pm.
Old Jan 5th 2011, 10:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going from Heathrow to Knightsbridge....I don't think it can be too traumatic darling
What is an ASBOS????
Darling, you have been out of the country for too long. an ASBO is a legal term referring to an Anti-Social Behaviour Order - it is a court order issued to a juvenile delinquent to attempt to restrict their behaviour (a half-arsed slap on the wrists given in lieu of a short sharp shock, dreamt up by Mr Blair and co).

In the vernacular, an ASBO has come to be a badge of honour bestowed on the meanest kids in the school (regrdless of whether they have actually been issued and ASBO or not)....
Old Jan 6th 2011, 4:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't been back to the UK for almost 20 years so it should be an interesting experience
Christ, you are in for a disappointment.
Old Jan 6th 2011, 4:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
Christ, you are in for a disappointment.
I think I will be ok darling, I don't intend to travel far and I won't use public transport
Old Jan 6th 2011, 4:18 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

I think I will be ok darling, I don't intend to travel far and I won't use public transport
I got the tube to Oxford Street once, won't do that again, I was terrified! taxi'd after that all the time!
Old Jan 6th 2011, 4:24 am
BE Forum Addict

I got the tube to Oxford Street once, won't do that again, I was terrified! taxi'd after that all the time!
It doesn't scare me darling, I just don't have anything to wear on a bus or the tube!!!
Old Jan 6th 2011, 4:33 am
Concierge

It doesn't scare me darling, I just don't have anything to wear on a bus or the tube!!!
Luckily I had a fake fur which is in the UK or you could have borrowed it, it you fancy getting a nice one though I saw a fabulous one the other day in Wallis, let me see if I can find a link for it

edited to add, can't find on website!

Last edited by Blue Cat; Jan 6th 2011 at 4:37 am.
Old Jan 6th 2011, 5:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Luckily I had a fake fur which is in the UK or you could have borrowed it, it you fancy getting a nice one though I saw a fabulous one the other day in Wallis, let me see if I can find a link for it

edited to add, can't find on website!
I have a lovely blue fox jacket that I wear occasionally here . I have a nice trench coat that will keep me cosy warm over there. I guess I can't wear the real fur thing over there
Old Jan 6th 2011, 5:07 am
Concierge

I have a lovely blue fox jacket that I wear occasionally here . I have a nice trench coat that will keep me cosy warm over there. I guess I can't wear the real fur thing over there
if you wanted to be all PC then no, but ......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.