Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

meet and greet at Heathrow

meet and greet at Heathrow

Old Jan 4th 2011, 5:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute
Default meet and greet at Heathrow

Is there a similiar service to the 'Marhaba' meet and greet at Heathrow? I have looked and googled but can't find anything other than a fast track service to car hire etc.
I just want a Marhaba service that meets me at the aircraft and then buggy me through baggage pick up/customs etc to my car.
xxxx
Old Jan 4th 2011, 5:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: meet and greet at Heathrow

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned View Post
Is there a similiar service to the 'Marhaba' meet and greet at Heathrow? I have looked and googled but can't find anything other than a fast track service to car hire etc.
I just want a Marhaba service that meets me at the aircraft and then buggy me through baggage pick up/customs etc to my car.
xxxx
http://booking.diamond-air.co.uk/cgi...ec=topiconline
Old Jan 5th 2011, 4:17 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

xxxx
Doesn't that automatically come with a First Class ticket? I wouldn't know because I have never travelled on one.
Old Jan 5th 2011, 4:31 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart View Post
Doesn't that automatically come with a First Class ticket? I wouldn't know because I have never travelled on one.
where does Patsy say she has a 1st Class ticket? Patsy Heathrow aint that bad you can wing it
Old Jan 5th 2011, 5:55 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart View Post
No it doesn't. You usually just get of the plane first so are ahead of the hordes.
Old Jan 5th 2011, 6:08 am
Millhouse is not a meme

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow View Post
No it doesn't. You usually just get of the plane first so are ahead of the hordes.
yup, and normally meet them at the luggage collection point if travelling to Heathrow as they don't seem to get that luggage off first like they should.
Old Jan 5th 2011, 6:08 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

If you fly business or above you're fast tracked . If you fly business with Emirates you can get a car to you're home destination within a 100 mile radius.

If you fly First class you get a limo to anywhere in the UK , that's if you buy the ticket outright , upgrades through points are not applicable i think.

If you're flying premium you're bags will be priority and you'll be through very quickly in any case , the only thing that slows you down at Heathrow is the car hire , you need to get on the relevant hire shuttle bus unless you book V.I.P car hire that is.
Old Jan 5th 2011, 6:23 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by co durham boy View Post
If you fly business or above you're fast tracked . If you fly business with Emirates you can get a car to you're home destination within a 100 mile radius.

If you fly First class you get a limo to anywhere in the UK , that's if you buy the ticket outright , upgrades through points are not applicable i think.

If you're flying premium you're bags will be priority and you'll be through very quickly in any case , the only thing that slows you down at Heathrow is the car hire , you need to get on the relevant hire shuttle bus unless you book V.I.P car hire that is.

I know but that wasn't the question. The fast-tracking at UK airports is just for getting through passport control on departure a little quicker. No difference on arrival.

Emirates does not have a different system for first or business class baggage, but as it is often loaded separately so it comes out first.

Last edited by Meow; Jan 5th 2011 at 6:25 am.
Old Jan 5th 2011, 6:43 am
BE Forum Addict

I know but that wasn't the question. The fast-tracking at UK airports is just for getting through passport control on departure a little quicker. No difference on arrival.

Emirates does not have a different system for first or business class baggage, but as it is often loaded separately so it comes out first.
I was fast tracked last week coming into Heathrow from Doha , i flew business and they gave out the fast track cards before landing on the Qatar Airways flight.

I'm glad they did because the queues were horrendous in Terminal 4 , saved me at least 30 mins.
Old Jan 5th 2011, 6:52 am
Bored liberal

Heathrow = Hellrow. An airport to be avoided if at all possible IMO.
Old Jan 5th 2011, 7:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Heathrow = Hellrow. An airport to be avoided if at all possible IMO.
Yes , you're right , it was a dire experience , Terminal 4 is'nt as bad as 3 but it's still not the best.

Everything looks a bit worn and tatty and in need of a good refurb really , a bit like the U.K at the moment...
Old Jan 5th 2011, 12:00 pm
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

Iris, Iris, Iris.

Don't leave the UK without doing it.

The new style ones that read the chip and match your face - no registration needed - are good too, but not in Heathrow yet AFAIK.

Flying EK, I'd much rather go on the 380 to LHR than suffer the 777 to LGW.
Old Jan 5th 2011, 12:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat View Post
where does Patsy say she has a 1st Class ticket? Patsy Heathrow aint that bad you can wing it
Lol as if I could afford 1st class!!! I am going business and the hotel will be sending a car for me. I looked at that diamond air thing ( thanks durham boy) they want 120 pounds just to buggy you through.
I guess I can wing it as you say BC
I haven't been back to the UK for almost 20 years so it should be an interesting experience
Old Jan 5th 2011, 12:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

Lol as if I could afford 1st class!!! I am going business and the hotel will be sending a car for me. I looked at that diamond air thing ( thanks durham boy) they want 120 pounds just to buggy you through.
I haven't been back to the UK for almost 20 years so it should be an interesting experience

It will be interesting if you haven't been back for that length of time - I look forward to hearing your feedback! Not sure when you are arriving but it is currently freezing cold and I'm looking forward to getting back to the sun soon.
Old Jan 5th 2011, 12:51 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Have an *interesting* time

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.