British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   meet and greet at Heathrow (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/meet-greet-heathrow-699181/)

Patsy Stoned Jan 4th 2011 5:28 pm

meet and greet at Heathrow

Is there a similiar service to the 'Marhaba' meet and greet at Heathrow? I have looked and googled but can't find anything other than a fast track service to car hire etc.
I just want a Marhaba service that meets me at the aircraft and then buggy me through baggage pick up/customs etc to my car. :)
xxxx

co durham boy Jan 4th 2011 5:48 pm

Re: meet and greet at Heathrow

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned (Post 9077134)
Is there a similiar service to the 'Marhaba' meet and greet at Heathrow? I have looked and googled but can't find anything other than a fast track service to car hire etc.
I just want a Marhaba service that meets me at the aircraft and then buggy me through baggage pick up/customs etc to my car. :)
xxxx

http://booking.diamond-air.co.uk/cgi...ec=topiconline

lionheart Jan 5th 2011 4:17 am

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned (Post 9077134)
xxxx

Doesn't that automatically come with a First Class ticket? I wouldn't know because I have never travelled on one.:confused:

Blue Cat Jan 5th 2011 4:31 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 9078307)
Doesn't that automatically come with a First Class ticket? I wouldn't know because I have never travelled on one.:confused:

where does Patsy say she has a 1st Class ticket? Patsy Heathrow aint that bad you can wing it :)

Meow Jan 5th 2011 5:55 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 9078307)

No it doesn't. You usually just get of the plane first so are ahead of the hordes.

Millhouse Jan 5th 2011 6:08 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 9078393)
No it doesn't. You usually just get of the plane first so are ahead of the hordes.

yup, and normally meet them at the luggage collection point if travelling to Heathrow as they don't seem to get that luggage off first like they should.

co durham boy Jan 5th 2011 6:08 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 9078393)

If you fly business or above you're fast tracked . If you fly business with Emirates you can get a car to you're home destination within a 100 mile radius.

If you fly First class you get a limo to anywhere in the UK , that's if you buy the ticket outright , upgrades through points are not applicable i think.

If you're flying premium you're bags will be priority and you'll be through very quickly in any case , the only thing that slows you down at Heathrow is the car hire , you need to get on the relevant hire shuttle bus unless you book V.I.P car hire that is.

Meow Jan 5th 2011 6:23 am

Originally Posted by co durham boy (Post 9078409)
If you fly business or above you're fast tracked . If you fly business with Emirates you can get a car to you're home destination within a 100 mile radius.

If you fly First class you get a limo to anywhere in the UK , that's if you buy the ticket outright , upgrades through points are not applicable i think.

If you're flying premium you're bags will be priority and you'll be through very quickly in any case , the only thing that slows you down at Heathrow is the car hire , you need to get on the relevant hire shuttle bus unless you book V.I.P car hire that is.

I know :rolleyes: but that wasn't the question. The fast-tracking at UK airports is just for getting through passport control on departure a little quicker. No difference on arrival.

Emirates does not have a different system for first or business class baggage, but as it is often loaded separately so it comes out first.

co durham boy Jan 5th 2011 6:43 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 9078419)
I know :rolleyes: but that wasn't the question. The fast-tracking at UK airports is just for getting through passport control on departure a little quicker. No difference on arrival.

Emirates does not have a different system for first or business class baggage, but as it is often loaded separately so it comes out first.

I was fast tracked last week coming into Heathrow from Doha , i flew business and they gave out the fast track cards before landing on the Qatar Airways flight.

I'm glad they did because the queues were horrendous in Terminal 4 , saved me at least 30 mins.

Meow Jan 5th 2011 6:52 am

Heathrow = Hellrow. An airport to be avoided if at all possible IMO.

co durham boy Jan 5th 2011 7:08 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 9078449)
Heathrow = Hellrow. An airport to be avoided if at all possible IMO.

Yes , you're right , it was a dire experience , Terminal 4 is'nt as bad as 3 but it's still not the best.

Everything looks a bit worn and tatty and in need of a good refurb really , a bit like the U.K at the moment...:rofl:

typical Jan 5th 2011 12:00 pm

Iris, Iris, Iris.

Don't leave the UK without doing it.

The new style ones that read the chip and match your face - no registration needed - are good too, but not in Heathrow yet AFAIK.

Flying EK, I'd much rather go on the 380 to LHR than suffer the 777 to LGW.

Patsy Stoned Jan 5th 2011 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 9078326)
where does Patsy say she has a 1st Class ticket? Patsy Heathrow aint that bad you can wing it :)

Lol as if I could afford 1st class!!! I am going business and the hotel will be sending a car for me. I looked at that diamond air thing ( thanks durham boy) they want 120 pounds just to buggy you through.
I guess I can wing it as you say BC :D
I haven't been back to the UK for almost 20 years so it should be an interesting experience :eek:

soukie Jan 5th 2011 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned (Post 9079130)
Lol as if I could afford 1st class!!! I am going business and the hotel will be sending a car for me. I looked at that diamond air thing ( thanks durham boy) they want 120 pounds just to buggy you through.
I haven't been back to the UK for almost 20 years so it should be an interesting experience :eek:

It will be interesting if you haven't been back for that length of time - I look forward to hearing your feedback! Not sure when you are arriving but it is currently freezing cold and I'm looking forward to getting back to the sun soon.

Blue Cat Jan 5th 2011 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned (Post 9079130)

Have an *interesting* time :thumbup: