Medicals

Old Mar 13th 2018, 3:20 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medicals

Originally Posted by Millhouse
You’re not going to like it, but by the sounds of things it’s all diet. You won’t be able to fix this with some exercise (although keep up 7 for now).

You need to learn to embrace and control the feeling of hunger and to restructure the macros. I have about 1-2kg to lose right now that I’ll start on when I get back (currently in the US and all the food here is shit so you just have to embrace it for the week.
Oh, I know diet is the biggest factor. I'm a comfort/stress response eater/drinker.

How often should I be doing the 7 thing? Every day or, as I planned, every other day alternating with walking?
Old Mar 13th 2018, 3:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
Oh, I know diet is the biggest factor. I'm a comfort/stress response eater/drinker.

How often should I be doing the 7 thing? Every day or, as I planned, every other day alternating with walking?
Every day. Try and work up to doing it 2 or 3 times a day. Or a couple of rounds when you do do it.

Remember you need to walk about 40mins to burn off an extra latte.
Old Mar 13th 2018, 5:59 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

You can't out-train a bad diet.

Someone.
Old Mar 14th 2018, 5:11 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Yeah...simple when you say it like that, the same way "eat less, move more" sounds simple.
I was just being facetious.
I'm finding the whole cutting down / stopping smoking thing really ****ing hard at the moment, which was easy in my head.

You've got it harder being here with family back in the UK so your evening options are limited to pub or sit at home. Can you do anything to keep mid week nights busy? Club? Studying? Books? Anything like that to keep midweek busy so you don't go for a beer etc.

Kcal or similar diet plan food delivery service things? There's shit loads out there now and might be worth investigating as they take that hassle away completely.
Old Mar 14th 2018, 5:33 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
I was just being facetious.
I'm finding the whole cutting down / stopping smoking thing really ****ing hard at the moment, which was easy in my head.

You've got it harder being here with family back in the UK so your evening options are limited to pub or sit at home. Can you do anything to keep mid week nights busy? Club? Studying? Books? Anything like that to keep midweek busy so you don't go for a beer etc.

Kcal or similar diet plan food delivery service things? There's shit loads out there now and might be worth investigating as they take that hassle away completely.
Yes, but it really is that simple. I struggle with having temptation in the house. Me and my flatmate keep a few beers and wine in the flat so it's always there. I need to not drink on week nights. I'd even started smoking again but listened to Alan Carr's How to Stop Smoking tape and I haven't had any for a week and a half (although I've had a bit of shisha).

I had all these grand plans to study and join clubs out here but haven't got round to them. I've been going out for walks and so on, and have cooked meals for myself...but when it gets to it I like flopping on the sofa and sticking something on Netflix...and reaching for snacks and a glass of wine.

Funny thing, last night I watched the first half of the new Ricky Gervais thing on Netflix and he was talking about how he was skinny until 28 then had 20 years of eating and getting fat and then had a wake-up call at 48. Very similar timescale for me!
Old Mar 14th 2018, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

ExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of light

Yes, but it really is that simple. I struggle with having temptation in the house. Me and my flatmate keep a few beers and wine in the flat so it's always there. I need to not drink on week nights. I'd even started smoking again but listened to Alan Carr's How to Stop Smoking tape and I haven't had any for a week and a half (although I've had a bit of shisha).
If you're finding it difficult to not have a drink, how about switch to something low calorie? Instead of beer, go for a G&T etc.

If you make many small changes, it will have a cumulative effect.
Old Mar 14th 2018, 10:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I had all these grand plans to study and join clubs out here but haven't got round to them. I've been going out for walks and so on, and have cooked meals for myself...but when it gets to it I like flopping on the sofa and sticking something on Netflix...and reaching for snacks and a glass of wine.

Funny thing, last night I watched the first half of the new Ricky Gervais thing on Netflix and he was talking about how he was skinny until 28 then had 20 years of eating and getting fat and then had a wake-up call at 48. Very similar timescale for me!
The only thing that is actually stopping you from doing this seems to be you. Get a proper personal trainer / nutritionist, preferably female and Russian and who won’t put up with all these excuses.

It you have time to watch TV/ drink etc everyday then you have time to sort all this mess out. You’re actually making a informed choice not to.

Go to bed earlier, and take pleasure out of a new healthier lifestyle, rather than rewarding yourself with an unhealthy one.
Old Mar 14th 2018, 10:48 am
Excess Baggage

The only thing that is actually stopping you from doing this seems to be you. Get a proper personal trainer / nutritionist, preferably female and Russian and who won’t put up with all these excuses.

It you have time to watch TV/ drink etc everyday then you have time to sort all this mess out. You’re actually making a informed choice not to.

Go to bed earlier, and take pleasure out of a new healthier lifestyle, rather than rewarding yourself with an unhealthy one.
That's me told...

You're right, like. My brother, the Personal Trainer, says I have more excuses than a pregnant nun.
Old Mar 14th 2018, 10:49 am
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute

Doctor: “The best thing you can do is stop drinking and smoking and eat healthy”.

Me: ”So what's the second best thing”?

And on that note I'm off to the pub to drink beer, play some darts and talk crap with a Scotsman an Emirati and a Pole.
Old Mar 14th 2018, 11:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

That's me told...

You're right, like. My brother, the Personal Trainer, says I have more excuses than a pregnant nun.
#toughlove

My dad had his first heart attack at 52, and the third and final at 62. Always full of excuses but the truth was he didn’t want to change his ways and would cherry pick advice to what suited him (ie need this for my five a day, need this for my omega, need the red wine for the satins etc).

Ultimately it’s all a choice.
Old Mar 14th 2018, 11:18 am
Excess Baggage

#toughlove

My dad had his first heart attack at 52, and the third and final at 62. Always full of excuses but the truth was he didn’t want to change his ways and would cherry pick advice to what suited him (ie need this for my five a day, need this for my omega, need the red wine for the satins etc).

Ultimately it’s all a choice.
That's the weird thing about it. I know all this, I KNOW what's good and what's bad, I know but I still choose to eat the bad stuff and sit on my arse. People smoke despite knowing the damage it does. We are not robots or rational beings, something overrides it. Short term thinking?
Old Mar 14th 2018, 11:22 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

That's the weird thing about it. I know all this, I KNOW what's good and what's bad, I know but I still choose to eat the bad stuff and sit on my arse. People smoke despite knowing the damage it does. We are not robots or rational beings, something overrides it. Short term thinking?
Nobodies perfect mate, apart from me obviously, but you got to work out if baby steps or big steps will help you first. Then get stuck into it and make it happen.
Old Mar 14th 2018, 11:26 am
Excess Baggage

I remember a key thing I heard/read on another health push: Only you got yourself where you are now, and only you can get yourself out of it. Accepting responsibility is key.

Right, enough words about it! Want to get home and do a 7-minute workout ASAP!

And no takeaways for dinner...

Last edited by littlejimmy; Mar 14th 2018 at 11:32 am.
Old Mar 14th 2018, 11:37 am
Account Closed

I remember a key thing I heard/read on another health push: Only you got yourself where you are now, and only you can get yourself out of it. Accepting responsibility is key.

Right, enough words about it! Want to get home and do a 7-minute workout ASAP!

And no takeaways for dinner...
I signed up to another 5km at the weekend, at the Autodrome. I have run twice in the last 6 weeks so I'm not expecting greatness! Main thing is signing up to these things like targets to work towards.

There are regular events, lots of them just walking as well.

Have a look at Premier Online (I think) and see what's coming up that you can work towards - like a 3km / 5km walk or something?
Old Mar 14th 2018, 11:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Scamp
I signed up to another 5km at the weekend, at the Autodrome. I have run twice in the last 6 weeks so I'm not expecting greatness! Main thing is signing up to these things like targets to work towards.
Spot on, goals are essential.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.