British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Medical help (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/medical-help-821656/)

Scamp Jan 15th 2014 7:52 am

Medical help
 
Anyone ever had a hernia before?

Do they come on slowly or hit you like a bus?

Millhouse Jan 15th 2014 7:56 am

Re: Medical help
 

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 11079162)
Anyone ever had a hernia before?

Do they come on slowly or hit you like a bus?



whack it with a bible.

Patsy Stoned Jan 15th 2014 8:01 am

Re: Medical help
 
Here you are darling, I hope this helps xx
http://www.healthcentral.com/encyclopedia/408/305.html

Scamp Jan 15th 2014 8:15 am

Re: Medical help
 

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 11079169)
whack it with a bible.

Hard to do when I'm leaning left...


Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned (Post 11079171)
Here you are darling, I hope this helps xx
http://www.healthcentral.com/encyclopedia/408/305.html

Thanks, I've spent too long looking at those sites now, if I take it too seriously I've got every disease going but a hernia is looking likely.

Docs appointment at American Hospital requested. :(:eek:

Millhouse Jan 15th 2014 8:54 am

Re: Medical help
 
so what brought it on Scamp? A square poo, or did you lift something heavy?

Scamp Jan 15th 2014 8:57 am

Re: Medical help
 

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 11079212)
so what brought it on Scamp? A square poo, or did you lift something heavy?

No idea mate.

New golf swing / tried to force a shit combo?

britexpat76 Jan 15th 2014 9:01 am

Re: Medical help
 

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 11079215)
No idea mate.

New golf swing / tried to force a shit combo?

You was trying to shit whilst swinging a golf club?

Scamp Jan 15th 2014 9:06 am

Re: Medical help
 

Originally Posted by britexpat76 (Post 11079221)
You was trying to shit whilst swinging a golf club?

No, but maybe the latter made the former worse?

NorthernLad Jan 15th 2014 9:07 am

Re: Medical help
 

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 11079162)
Anyone ever had a hernia before?

Do they come on slowly or hit you like a bus?

As far as I knew it's a tear in the stomach muscle amd your innards are trying to break out.

Best go to see a doctor.

Irishbeekeeper Jan 15th 2014 9:09 am

Re: Medical help
 

Originally Posted by britexpat76 (Post 11079221)
You was trying to shit whilst swinging a golf club?

you was trying to not look like shit while swinging a gold club?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-b0w8octHgi...ssibru-guy.jpg

Scamp Jan 15th 2014 9:20 am

Re: Medical help
 

Originally Posted by NorthernLad (Post 11079229)
As far as I knew it's a tear in the stomach muscle amd your innards are trying to break out.

Best go to see a doctor.

Appointment booked for tomorrow afternoon.

It's not too bad when I bend forwards and lean left a bit.

After all this I bet it's just a little strain and I'm being a big girl.

Millhouse Jan 15th 2014 9:23 am

Re: Medical help
 
It's a cry for help from your intestines. They obviously need the food and booze.

Irishbeekeeper Jan 15th 2014 9:25 am

Re: Medical help
 

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 11079244)
It's a cry for help from your intestines. They obviously need the food and booze.

:goodpost::goodpost::goodpost:


hope you feel better soon mate

Scamp Jan 15th 2014 9:33 am

Re: Medical help
 

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 11079244)
It's a cry for help from your intestines. They obviously need the food and booze.

Clearly. Hopefully the doctor tomorrow will agree.

The Dean Jan 15th 2014 10:19 am

Re: Medical help
 
Had a belly button ('umbilical' is the actual name) hernia repaired in the summer of 2011 (a little lump of what feels like hard body fat under the skin protrudes just beside the belly button). The surgeon basically massaged it back inside (there was a bit of cutting and removing too, of some sort) then inserted a sort of trellis-work barrier between the inner hole and the outer belly button.

No problem since, although (a) you cannot lift anything heavier than a full kettle of water for about ten days, and (b) I can still feel the remains of the work under the skin even today (this is normal apparently and may be detectable there in a minor way for the rest of my life).

The other sort of hernia (down by the groin, near the fold between leg and torso) is the sort footballers get, and can be repaired very easily, then you just need to rest a lot.

Bahtatboy Jan 15th 2014 11:47 am

Re: Medical help
 
Could be wind. Seriously. I was whipped to hospital when I was about your age with really severe abdominal pain whenever my torso muscles were required to do anything. Went in about 2 days, unfortunately not with the ginormous fart I'd been hoping for.

Scamp Jan 15th 2014 12:28 pm

Re: Medical help
 

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 11079443)
Could be wind. Seriously. I was whipped to hospital when I was about your age with really severe abdominal pain whenever my torso muscles were required to do anything. Went in about 2 days, unfortunately not with the ginormous fart I'd been hoping for.

I know it's not that, mainly because I think I ate some dodgy chicken last night and have been on the bog four times today with an explosive waterfall of shit firing out at will.

Don't worry, I can separate the two pains in my stomach / abdomen and the worrying one has been there for a couple of days now.

Sandboy Jan 15th 2014 12:34 pm

Re: Medical help
 
could be the pain that your manager just became one of the favourites to leave next ?

Scamp Jan 15th 2014 12:38 pm

Re: Medical help
 

Originally Posted by Sandboy (Post 11079511)
could be the pain that your manager just became one of the favourites to leave next ?

Nah. The dream was never going to last for long.

Sandboy Jan 15th 2014 12:52 pm

Re: Medical help
 

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 11079516)
Nah. The dream was never going to last for long.

very pragmatic - can tell rugby is your first love ;)

Scamp Jan 15th 2014 12:57 pm

Re: Medical help
 

Originally Posted by Sandboy (Post 11079537)
very pragmatic - can tell rugby is your first love ;)

Most of my energy is focused on not shitting myself and keeping my body at a slight forward/left lean to stop my bollock and abdomen hurting.

I haven't got the time or patience for Southampton yet...but I have it on a reliable source that it's done and Cortese has gone. Pochettino is now a major worry - he said last year he'd go if Cortese did.

Bad times, but as a Saints fan, I've see much, much worse.

The Dean Jan 15th 2014 4:55 pm

Re: Medical help
 

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 11079543)
Most of my energy is focused on not shitting myself and keeping my body at a slight forward/left lean to stop my bollock and abdomen hurting.

I haven't got the time or patience for Southampton yet...but I have it on a reliable source that it's done and Cortese has gone. Pochettino is now a major worry - he said last year he'd go if Cortese did.

Bad times, but as a Saints fan, I've see much, much worse.

Well............. what sort of hernia could it be? (see my post 15)

Scamp Jan 16th 2014 12:21 am

Re: Medical help
 

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 11079897)
Well............. what sort of hernia could it be? (see my post 15)

Maybe ingurial(sp?).

Not sure

The Dean Jan 16th 2014 3:29 am

Re: Medical help
 

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 11080579)
Maybe ingurial(sp?).

Not sure

Well, where is it? Belly button or willy region?

Scamp Jan 16th 2014 4:31 am

Re: Medical help
 

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 11080779)
Well, where is it? Belly button or willy region?

From my left bollock up. But it's considerably better today which makes me think it might just have been a strain somehow, rather than the onset of a hernia.

Millhouse Jan 16th 2014 5:26 am

Re: Medical help
 

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 11080824)
From my left bollock up. But it's considerably better today which makes me think it might just have been a strain somehow, rather than the onset of a hernia.

as least you didn't over dramatize things.

I was hoping it was a bad case of piles.

Scamp Jan 16th 2014 5:40 am

Re: Medical help
 

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 11080860)
as least you didn't over dramatize things.

I was hoping it was a bad case of piles.

Hahaha, very funny.

Yesterday and the day before it was properly hurting. Like I'd been kicked in the bollocks and couldn't stand up straight.

Today not so bad, but I'll still go and see this specialist guy. May as well.

britexpat76 Jan 16th 2014 8:30 am

Re: Medical help
 

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 11080868)
Hahaha, very funny.

Yesterday and the day before it was properly hurting. Like I'd been kicked in the bollocks and couldn't stand up straight.

Today not so bad, but I'll still go and see this specialist guy. May as well.

You just want your balls cupping.

shiva Jan 16th 2014 8:59 am

Re: Medical help
 

Originally Posted by britexpat76 (Post 11080948)
You just want your balls cupping.

Maybe he's jut got blue balls. Maybe the mrs headlining wasn't the best Xmas pressie afterall

Scamp Jan 16th 2014 9:33 am

Re: Medical help
 

Originally Posted by shiva (Post 11080986)
Maybe he's jut got blue balls. Maybe the mrs headlining wasn't the best Xmas pressie afterall

Sacked that off in the end, bought her an ottoman (pouffe to you and I).

Much better in terms of it's rewards :thumbsup:

Blue Cat Jan 16th 2014 9:37 am

Re: Medical help
 
Good luck at the Quacks Scamp, hope it isn't anything too serious :)

Scamp Jan 16th 2014 9:39 am

Re: Medical help
 

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 11081039)
Good luck at the Quacks Scamp, hope it isn't anything too serious :)

Ta BC, don't think it will be!

Blue Cat Jan 16th 2014 9:40 am

Re: Medical help
 

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 11081041)
Ta BC, don't think it will be!

:fingerscrossed:

mikewot Jan 16th 2014 9:41 am

Re: Medical help
 
Whats the worst that could happen? Strangulated testicles and they whip your bollocks off ;)

TheShed Jan 16th 2014 9:54 am

Re: Medical help
 

Originally Posted by mikewot (Post 11081044)
Whats the worst that could happen? Strangulated testicles and they whip your bollocks off ;)

My brother had that and now we call him Jenny :P

moneypenny20 Jan 16th 2014 10:03 am

Re: Medical help
 
The husband thought he had a hernia, went to doc, moved on to specialist, ended up with Oncologist and Non Hodkins Lymphoma. A fair amount of Chemo later he's fine. Just saying.... MP20, the voice of doom! :)

co durham boy Jan 16th 2014 11:39 am

Re: Medical help
 

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 (Post 11081072)
The husband thought he had a hernia, went to doc, moved on to specialist, ended up with Oncologist and Non Hodkins Lymphoma. A fair amount of Chemo later he's fine. Just saying.... MP20, the voice of doom! :)

I reckon you've just scuppered his weekend with that post ;)

moneypenny20 Jan 16th 2014 11:48 am

Re: Medical help
 
Sorry Scamp:unsure:

Patsy Stoned Jan 16th 2014 1:36 pm

Re: Medical help
 

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 (Post 11081072)
The husband thought he had a hernia, went to doc, moved on to specialist, ended up with Oncologist and Non Hodkins Lymphoma. A fair amount of Chemo later he's fine. Just saying.... MP20, the voice of doom! :)

Glad to hear all is well darling xxx

Irishbeekeeper Jan 16th 2014 2:35 pm

Re: Medical help
 

Originally Posted by mikewot (Post 11081044)
Whats the worst that could happen? Strangulated testicles and they whip your bollocks off ;)

I think the exact same thing happened to me as well....but all I got out of it was this crummy marriage certificate and this person that came with it....strange :o


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:53 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.