British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Medical (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/medical-612764/)

simple2204 Jun 3rd 2009 4:18 pm

Medical

Hi All

I am really sorry to ask but i remember a while back reading about a Jane (i think) at Harley Street you deals with medicals coming to Saudi. It is more than likely my ineptitude (feel free to comment if it is) but i can't find the post with the contact details??? Anyone help.

About 4 weeks left and i can not believe how much sh1t i still have to do to sort myself out!!!

Any help on the medical details would be greatly appreciated and does anyone know if there are any types of "criteria" they look for specifically, i am the size of a house (well a small bungalow really) but have no health issues other than those perceived by Dr's because of my size, clues anyone?
Also for those that have done this, any tips on things i may have missed (housing, Visas all that stuff in train more the smaller things that are forgotten that actually matter!!)

BTW i am loving the sand pit at the minute!!

Cheers

Eva Jun 3rd 2009 4:37 pm

Re: Medical

Originally Posted by simple2204 (Post 7630440)
Hi All

I am really sorry to ask but i remember a while back reading about a Jane (i think) at Harley Street you deals with medicals coming to Saudi. It is more than likely my ineptitude (feel free to comment if it is) but i can't find the post with the contact details??? Anyone help.

About 4 weeks left and i can not believe how much sh1t i still have to do to sort myself out!!!

Any help on the medical details would be greatly appreciated and does anyone know if there are any types of "criteria" they look for specifically, i am the size of a house (well a small bungalow really) but have no health issues other than those perceived by Dr's because of my size, clues anyone?
Also for those that have done this, any tips on things i may have missed (housing, Visas all that stuff in train more the smaller things that are forgotten that actually matter!!)

BTW i am loving the sand pit at the minute!!Cheers

Then why ain't ya contributing instead of just lurking???

Harley Clinic:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=602062

simple2204 Jun 3rd 2009 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by Eva (Post 7630498)

Harley Clinic:

Hey Eva

Thanks for the link, pleased it was my ineptitude :o

I am lurking because I am not sure i am ready for the level of "discussion" that seems to be around at the minute :rofl:
I have also been away on hols before sorting out the last of the stuff so just coming back and reading what has been talked about!!
I will stop stalking and start ra...........involving myself :p

Eva Jun 3rd 2009 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by simple2204 (Post 7630525)
Hey Eva

Thanks for the link, pleased it was my ineptitude :o

I am lurking because I am not sure i am ready for the level of "discussion" that seems to be around at the minute :rofl:
I have also been away on hols before sorting out the last of the stuff so just coming back and reading what has been talked about!!
I will stop stalking and start ra...........involving myself :p

I should cocoa.....

simple2204 Jun 3rd 2009 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by Eva (Post 7630498)

Harley Clinic:

Bloody Hell, just phoned and have appt for Monday at midday, thanks again

Big Kevin Jun 3rd 2009 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by simple2204 (Post 7630544)
Bloody Hell, just phoned and have appt for Monday at midday, thanks again

Might catch you on the way out, mine is at 10.30!! Us (moderately proportioned) bungalows need to stick together... (would that make us a semi-detached bungalow??) Maybe Monday is adequately proportioned gentleman day in Harley Street.

simple2204 Jun 3rd 2009 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by Big Kevin (Post 7630575)
Might catch you on the way out, mine is at 10.30!! Us (moderately proportioned) bungalows need to stick together... (would that make us a semi-detached bungalow??) Maybe Monday is adequately proportioned gentleman day in Harley Street.

OK cool, although i seem to remember someone asking how big (MH maybe) and you said XL, that is just a little itty bitty shed size :rofl: couple more kisses to get to me!!!
When do you move out? and is it Riyadh?

Big Kevin Jun 3rd 2009 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by simple2204 (Post 7630600)
OK cool, although i seem to remember someone asking how big (MH maybe) and you said XL, that is just a little itty bitty shed size :rofl: couple more kisses to get to me!!!
When do you move out? and is it Riyadh?

Am still waiting to get my date to move (to Qatar) but things at least seem to be moving now, international driving license, medical, visa etc. I'm hoping it will be 2-3 weeks now, although I've been caught out with my optimism before now... oh and errrmm I may have been slightly economical with the truth regarding XL but don't tell anybody as they all seem to be perfectly proportioned, not to mention sweet-smelling, on here and I wouldn't want to be an outcast before I even get there.

Altenatively, I could just keep correspondence virtual and then be as physically perfect as everybody else :)

simple2204 Jun 3rd 2009 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by Big Kevin (Post 7630637)
Am still waiting to get my date to move (to Qatar) but things at least seem to be moving now, international driving license, medical, visa etc. I'm hoping it will be 2-3 weeks now, although I've been caught out with my optimism before now... oh and errrmm I may have been slightly economical with the truth regarding XL but don't tell anybody as they all seem to be perfectly proportioned, not to mention sweet-smelling, on here and I wouldn't want to be an outcast before I even get there.

Altenatively, I could just keep correspondence virtual and then be as physically perfect as everybody else :)

:rofl::rofl:
I won't tell anyone!!! and i do seem to remember DD's being mentioned at some point :p
Things seem to be going in the right direction for you at least, optimism and the Middle East are two things that shouldn't go together me thinks!!
I have a little longer although still have tonnes to do in Blighty!!
May see you on Monday (yep i'll be the short fat one in reception :p)

Big Kevin Jun 3rd 2009 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by simple2204 (Post 7630659)
:rofl::rofl:
I won't tell anyone!!! and i do seem to remember DD's being mentioned at some point :p
Things seem to be going in the right direction for you at least, optimism and the Middle East are two things that shouldn't go together me thinks!!
I have a little longer although still have tonnes to do in Blighty!!
May see you on Monday (yep i'll be the short fat one in reception :p)

...and I'll no doubt be the one limping out shamefacedly with nurses giggling over medical results forms in the background :unsure:

simple2204 Jun 3rd 2009 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by Big Kevin (Post 7630668)
...and I'll no doubt be the one limping out shamefacedly with nurses giggling over medical results forms in the background :unsure:

sounds like you might be the warm up act for my main show!!!!