Mashaweer Dubai READ!

Old Jun 26th 2013, 7:10 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mashaweer Dubai READ!

Originally Posted by Scamp
Couple of things:

1. What did people do before?
2. What if they are full, what do people do then?

Separately, I don't really have a problem with them existing, it's good PR and CSR bollocks for Sainsbury's to use to look like they give a monkeys.

What seems illogical, is that they are always next to the disabled bays, nearest the door. Why?
1) struggle
2) struggle

Why, when you have kids you will know exactly why and I guarantee you have an epiphany
Old Jun 26th 2013, 7:12 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

As a separate point why are they near the doors. 1) so you have less distance to juggle multiple chaotic forces whilst pushing a trolley and 2) safety, the less of a car park you have to navigate with the above the less chance some utter ****ing **** driving like a total **** has if killing you and your kids
Old Jun 26th 2013, 7:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
1) struggle
2) struggle

Why, when you have kids you will know exactly why and I guarantee you have an epiphany
I have kids and am in camp Scamp. I never park anywhere near the doors.
Old Jun 26th 2013, 7:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Millsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I have kids and am in camp Scamp. I never park anywhere near the doors.
That's your choice but I suspect the majority would park in a parent/child space if nearer.
Old Jun 26th 2013, 7:29 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Solution:

Make all parking spaces bigger.

Parents can have lots of room to get their kid out the back.
My car won't get dented when someone lets their kid smash a door into mine.
Old Jun 26th 2013, 7:34 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

1) struggle
2) struggle

Maybe, maybe not.

As a separate point why are they near the doors. 1) so you have less distance to juggle multiple chaotic forces whilst pushing a trolley and 2) safety, the less of a car park you have to navigate with the above the less chance some utter ****ing **** driving like a total **** has if killing you and your kids
1. I genuinely struggle to understand that if you have the usual two young kids, you see parking close at Tescos in a massive bay as that crucially important. It's just PR that parents love.
2. I don't disagree with this, it's a logical answer. However, I don't read many reports of kids being killed in a supermarket car park in the UK and I can almost guarantee that it wasn't the first consideration. Put Mums near the front, they've got the greatest excuse and they spend the most cash. PERFECT.

I'm not saying they should be abolished and I'm not saying that I don't understand the appeal it has to parents with kids and how much easier they make life.

What I'm saying is that I think it's utter bollocks and just utterly transparent PR which all supermarkets seem to have joined in with. It's about 3 minutes of the entire shopping experience, I imagine getting the little ****ers around the shop is far more challenging.
Old Jun 26th 2013, 7:44 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

When junior was 3 or so I lived in a quaint little market town with a BFO Tescos that was always rammed (as it was free parking at the time), I had a Maserati, reversed into the Parents/Child area, noting all the evil looks, then got junior and the pram out...

Priceless.
Old Jun 26th 2013, 7:52 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

It's about 3 minutes of the entire shopping experience, I imagine getting the little ****ers around the shop is far more challenging.
amen to that! I just gag and bind mine in a straight jacket and throw him in the trolley when I have to run around inside carrefour etc

btw, I think a practical reason for them to have the parking spots for kids close by is so they will have to walk the least amount of time in the sun/rain/snow etc
by the by, the least amount of distance traveled on the lot = the least chances of the brats running into a car, could be another practical reason I guess

but in all honesty, if you ask me, I would like to be as far away as possible so when I throw them back in the car, no one can hear them screaming when I lash out in anger for the past hour of frustration and humiliation that they caused me
Old Jun 26th 2013, 8:00 am
**** it we'll do it live

Maybe, maybe not.

1. I genuinely struggle to understand that if you have the usual two young kids, you see parking close at Tescos in a massive bay as that crucially important. It's just PR that parents love.
2. I don't disagree with this, it's a logical answer. However, I don't read many reports of kids being killed in a supermarket car park in the UK and I can almost guarantee that it wasn't the first consideration. Put Mums near the front, they've got the greatest excuse and they spend the most cash. PERFECT.

I'm not saying they should be abolished and I'm not saying that I don't understand the appeal it has to parents with kids and how much easier they make life.

What I'm saying is that I think it's utter bollocks and just utterly transparent PR which all supermarkets seem to have joined in with. It's about 3 minutes of the entire shopping experience, I imagine getting the little ****ers around the shop is far more challenging.
Of course it's transparent pr but as its what a huge number want and need then why not. Frankly in the uk it's less of an issue than here where car parks are seen as some kind of death race arena. More than 1 person here has had a bollocking from me for driving or parking like a total **** and I suspect there will be many more before im eventually deported.
Old Jun 26th 2013, 8:03 am
**** it we'll do it live

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
amen to that! I just gag and bind mine in a straight jacket and throw him in the trolley when I have to run around inside carrefour etc

btw, I think a practical reason for them to have the parking spots for kids close by is so they will have to walk the least amount of time in the sun/rain/snow etc
by the by, the least amount of distance traveled on the lot = the least chances of the brats running into a car, could be another practical reason I guess

but in all honesty, if you ask me, I would like to be as far away as possible so when I throw them back in the car, no one can hear them screaming when I lash out in anger for the past hour of frustration and humiliation that they caused me
Frustration yes humiliation no. Last time ours kicked if in carrfour I had a look around and was pleased to see he wasn't alone in throwing a wobbler for no reason. I save the humiliation for when I say no and he reacts as though I punched him in the face. That's when people look at you like a monster and the humiliation is crippling
Old Jun 26th 2013, 8:15 am
Account Closed

Of course it's transparent pr but as its what a huge number want and need then why not. Frankly in the uk it's less of an issue than here where car parks are seen as some kind of death race arena. More than 1 person here has had a bollocking from me for driving or parking like a total **** and I suspect there will be many more before im eventually deported.
Absolutely.

I watched a bloke clip a woman only yesterday morning. She was walking between two cars parked on the bit of road in the car park, just wide enough for a car to get through. Bloke didn't want to wait so tried to squeeze through. She went ****ing mental....and quite right too.