Maradona then....

Old Apr 2nd 2009, 8:23 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Maradona then....

...not the best start for him really:

Argentina suffered their worst defeat in more than 60 years as they were thrashed 6-1 by Bolivia at high altitude in a World Cup qualifier.

Striker Joaquin Botero hit a hat-trick, while Marcelo Martins, Didi Torrico and Alex da Rosa also scored in the rout.

Luis Gonzalez replied for Argentina who also had substitute Angel di Maria sent off seven minutes after he had come on.

Argentina coach Diego Maradona last year supported Bolivia's campaign to be allowed to stage games in La Paz.

But Maradona's side, who had won their first three games under his charge - and without conceding a goal - looked breathless in the rarefied air 3,600m above sea level.

Diego Maradona
Maradona could only look on helplessly as his side were torn apart

And they also struggled with a pitch which looked well below the standard expected for an international match.

"Every Bolivia goal was a stab in my heart," said Maradona.

"If we had dreamed this was going to happen before the game, we would have thought it was impossible.

"We have to give merit to Bolivia who were better than us in every part of the field.

"There is nothing to say. They beat us well and now we have to start all over again.

"Bolivia played a great game and hit the target with every attack.

"They all played well from the goalkeeper to the last substitute."
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 8:29 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Maradona then....

Originally Posted by Spugsy

Argentina suffered their worst defeat in more than 60 years as they were thrashed 6-1 by Bolivia at high altitude in a World Cup qualifier.

Striker Joaquin Botero hit a hat-trick, while Marcelo Martins, Didi Torrico and Alex da Rosa also scored in the rout.

Luis Gonzalez replied for Argentina who also had substitute Angel di Maria sent off seven minutes after he had come on.

Argentina coach Diego Maradona last year supported Bolivia's campaign to be allowed to stage games in La Paz.

But Maradona's side, who had won their first three games under his charge - and without conceding a goal - looked breathless in the rarefied air 3,600m above sea level.

Diego Maradona

And they also struggled with a pitch which looked well below the standard expected for an international match.

"If we had dreamed this was going to happen before the game, we would have thought it was impossible.

"We have to give merit to Bolivia who were better than us in every part of the field.

"There is nothing to say. They beat us well and now we have to start all over again.

she should concentrate on adoption and leave football to those who know....
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 8:47 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Watched the entire game on TV last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. The Saudi v UAE game was pretty good too. The Argies should have played Zabaleta to add steel to their midfield.
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 8:50 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Diego Maradona

And he can't even bitch about the fact that it was played in La Paz......
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 9:12 am
BE Enthusiast

seraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of light

Who won the Saudi vs UAE game?
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 9:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Sky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BangleMan
she should concentrate on adoption and leave football to those who know....
I hear she is adopting that little chap Dennis after he is now homeless in the North East...
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 9:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Sky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by seraphnina
Who won the Saudi vs UAE game?
Saudi - they scored late doors...
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 9:30 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Watched the entire game on TV last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. The Saudi v UAE game was pretty good too. The Argies should have played Zabaleta to add steel to their midfield.
is he the tosser who plays for Man City ?
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 9:30 am
Hammer for Life

Originally Posted by Sky Blue
I hear she is adopting that little chap Dennis after he is now homeless in the North East...
should us white people take that as a racist slur ?
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 9:57 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sky Blue
heh, good call.
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 10:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

heh, good call.
I'd heard he was moving to be Director of Football for the 'Ammers!
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 10:30 am
Hammer for Life

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
I'd heard he was moving to be Director of Football for the 'Ammers!
lol.....I reckon he would last about 48 seconds in the job before he was knifed....we do love a former Chelsea player and Millwall manager down at The Boleyn, you know
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 5:42 am
Forum Regular

boroboy is an unknown quantity at this point

I once watched a game of football in La Paz was by far the worst game of football i have ever seen. The Strongest v Tigres. Nobody ran. Not suprising at over 3000m above sea level. Nice hotdogs though.
Bolivia are great at home but terrible away.
FIFA tried to ban games at high altitude. Maradona was one of those that asked for this law to be reconsidered. i wonder if he wants to change his mind.