Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

mandatory child car restraints in UAE

mandatory child car restraints in UAE

Old Aug 23rd 2013, 6:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: mandatory child car restraints in UAE

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Flangey bollocks more like.
hahahhaaaaa...so cool and stylish bollocks then darling :-)
Old Aug 24th 2013, 11:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

I'm watching a 1989 american film with a scene with a family driving down the highway and noticed the driver is not wearing their seatbelt, the wife is, the kids on the back seat have no seatbelts and are bouncing up and down.

Times change. 1989 wasn't that long ago really. I think I was living in Germany when rear seatbelts became law there and it was the first time I thought about the matter as an habitual rear seat passenger.

But yeah, this is 2013. There's some serious catching up to be done worldwide. The elephant-on-the-rear seat theory is always in my head since that tv advert and it seems to be the most effective safety video to be shown everybody.

I do get more concerned with parents sticking their oversize kids in the front of shopping trolleys though. Having worked in that trade I know that when they overturn them due to poor weight balance, the first thing that happens is the little darlings get a frim grip on the sides. The second thing that happens is their fingers get amputated when it hits the shop floor......
Old Aug 24th 2013, 1:38 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beakersful

I do get more concerned with parents sticking their oversize kids in the front of shopping trolleys though. Having worked in that trade I know that when they overturn them due to poor weight balance, the first thing that happens is the little darlings get a frim grip on the sides. The second thing that happens is their fingers get amputated when it hits the shop floor......
Anything available on Youtube?