Man Utd.

Old Oct 30th 2012, 1:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Man Utd.

Originally Posted by goonerseba
Personally I feel for old battenburg.... and most (not all) EPL refs. I was involved at 'grass roots' for many years as a player, coach, secretary and was unfortunate enough to have to wear the black shirt on only a few occasions - and what a ****ing nightmare. I reffed under 12's and a couple of adult games when the 'real' ref got lost or had flu and have to say its the most pressure i've ever felt in my life.

So put yourself in clatty's boots for a moment. 22 of the highest paid, arrogant, up-thier-own-a**e, prima-dona, untouchable, prize ***kers on the pitch. The totty-nosed hairdryer on the side-line and 60,000 baying fanatics happy to call you - and your family members - every name in the urban dictionary.

He deserves some respect for just going out there.

The EPL is in danger of becoming the Serie A if the FA don't grow some balls and start to back referees in applying the rules they set.

Good post jam25mack btw.
Yes - and see my post (33) above.
Old Oct 30th 2012, 2:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by norsk
Not biased at all....
I never said I wasn't biased... in fact I'll openly admit to being a lifelong united fan! I was just putting it across how I saw it.

I don't think I was 'that' biased though.....

Agreed Scamp on the shitstorm just about to KO. I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall during that 'meeting'.

The 'did he or didn't he not' chat about the racist language 'should' be relatively easy to prove as there are at least 4 of the officials all miked up with each other. If he did actually say something would they back him up or would they hand him out to dry?

Kind of odd how Chelsea only made the complaint 2 hours after the match subsequent to entering the refs changing room and having a big set to.... shit deflection?
Old Oct 30th 2012, 3:36 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jam25mack
I never said I wasn't biased... in fact I'll openly admit to being a lifelong united fan! I was just putting it across how I saw it.

I don't think I was 'that' biased though.....

Agreed Scamp on the shitstorm just about to KO. I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall during that 'meeting'.

The 'did he or didn't he not' chat about the racist language 'should' be relatively easy to prove as there are at least 4 of the officials all miked up with each other. If he did actually say something would they back him up or would they hand him out to dry?

Kind of odd how Chelsea only made the complaint 2 hours after the match subsequent to entering the refs changing room and having a big set to.... shit deflection?
Okay. Fair enough. You did write it up as if you were being objective hence my reaction. Anyway bias is needed in football or the whole game would be terribly dull...

Has the post-game meeting in the ref's changing room been confirmed to have happened by the way? Reading about it in the Daily Mail is definitely not proof it actually happened..

Chelsea's delay in making the complaint is not really that odd at all if you think about it. It's a serious allegation and I'm sure they had a few hastily put together meetings at the highest level in the club before they decided to make the complaint. I can't see how they would possibly consider pushing ahead with it unless they were 100% certain of what happened. Can you imagine the fallout if it turned out to be based on false claims?
Old Oct 31st 2012, 2:03 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

Apologies for my later reply as I am currently enjoying the sights and sounds of Singapore.

As many on the bored know, I am a lifelong CFC fanatic so you probably won't read my comments, BUT!

Ivan - deserved a red

Torres - no way, have watched it many times and there was clearly contact from Evans.

Offside? SAF said in the post match interview it could have been - from my viewpoint, too close for any human to call.

Not sure where I read/watched it, but apparently someone has complained to the Met Police about racist comments from Clatterbug and they are now investigating.

As a Chelsea fan and a general lover of the best league in the world, I really wish none of this had happened as it was an otherwise fantastic contest and this controversy just distracts my Blues from the job in hand during a time when we could be about to form one of our best squads ever.

Just my opinion, your mileage may vary.
Old Oct 31st 2012, 9:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheShed
Torres - no way, have watched it many times and there was clearly contact from Evans. .
Sky have rewritten the rules, yes there may have been slight contact but there was nowhere near enough to take him down - he could have been honest and stayed on his feet, instead he dived and Clattenburg was right
Old Oct 31st 2012, 9:51 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheShed
Apologies for my later reply as I am currently enjoying the sights and sounds of Singapore.

As many on the bored know, I am a lifelong CFC fanatic so you probably won't read my comments, BUT!

Ivan - deserved a red

Torres - no way, have watched it many times and there was clearly contact from Evans.

Offside? SAF said in the post match interview it could have been - from my viewpoint, too close for any human to call.

Not sure where I read/watched it, but apparently someone has complained to the Met Police about racist comments from Clatterbug and they are now investigating.

As a Chelsea fan and a general lover of the best league in the world, I really wish none of this had happened as it was an otherwise fantastic contest and this controversy just distracts my Blues from the job in hand during a time when we could be about to form one of our best squads ever.

Just my opinion, your mileage may vary.
A fair assessment.

I also read that the referees association is calling for Chelsea to have the book thrown at them if this latest racism claim doesn't stand up or is found to be spurious.
Old Oct 31st 2012, 9:55 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sandboy
Sky have rewritten the rules, yes there may have been slight contact but there was nowhere near enough to take him down - he could have been honest and stayed on his feet, instead he dived and Clattenburg was right
There is a difference between losing your balance causing you to fall over and diving. Did you see the Phil Neville "dive" at the weekend? For diving experts, look no further than Ashley Young, Cristiano Ronaldo and of course Suarez. I don't think Torres falls into the same category.
Old Oct 31st 2012, 10:03 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jam25mack

I also read that the referees association is calling for Chelsea to have the book thrown at them if this latest racism claim doesn't stand up or is found to be spurious.
Quite rightly so! If this is proven to be a figment of someone's imagination then they are seriously stupid and must be punished.
Old Oct 31st 2012, 10:20 am

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mentalist
I don't think Torres falls into the same category.
I do though, a cheat is a cheat. Someone cannot be a little bit of a cheat or justify its acceptable because its less than others.

Torres may or may not do it as often as others but it has also been a longer term trait of his (Man U liverpool 2009, World Cup 2010) which in this case seems to have come back to haunt him.

And please lets not forget Mr Bale in reference to diving, currently up there as the Tom Daley of the premiership....
Old Oct 31st 2012, 10:24 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

I think if a player goes down when there is a little contact then it's just 'playing the game'.

It's in the same category as holding the ball in the corner when you're 1-0 up with a minute to go.

It's not liked by fans or the oppo but it's perfectly legal.
Old Oct 31st 2012, 10:28 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

Originally Posted by Welivehere
I do though, a cheat is a cheat. Someone cannot be a little bit of a cheat or justify its acceptable because its less than others.

Torres may or may not do it as often as others but it has also been a longer term trait of his (Man U liverpool 2009, World Cup 2010) which in this case seems to have come back to haunt him.

And please lets not forget Mr Bale in reference to diving, currently up there as the Tom Daley of the premiership....
So we should include every single footballer in all leagues. They all dive (or go down a bit easy) if they think it will benefit them. Some of them are definitely worse than others, but I don't think Torres falls into that category.

Anyway, who is watching tonight's game? Do you think it will it be equally full of action or just a dull anti-climax?
Old Oct 31st 2012, 10:29 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

dull anti-climax?
Definitely.
Old Oct 31st 2012, 10:40 am

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute

So we should include every single footballer in all leagues. They all dive (or go down a bit easy) if they think it will benefit them. Some of them are definitely worse than others, but I don't think Torres falls into that category.

Anyway, who is watching tonight's game? Do you think it will it be equally full of action or just a dull anti-climax?
Norsk,

It may appear pedantic and is probably something that will come back to bite me on the arse but the difference for me is the contact bit.

If there is contact the numerous variable (pace of both players, size of the players involved, amount of contact, pitch conditions as examples) mean the ability to determine fact from fiction is so much harder. In those cases I see it that benefit of the doubt goes to the "fouled" party but when there is NO contact and player goes down that is blatant cheating. In my eyes there is a difference....

Also I'm not saying Torres is worse or better than other but I am saying it is something he has done before and whilst the card was not justified this time his previous record may have worked against him....
Old Oct 31st 2012, 11:00 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

Originally Posted by Welivehere
Norsk,

It may appear pedantic and is probably something that will come back to bite me on the arse but the difference for me is the contact bit.

If there is contact the numerous variable (pace of both players, size of the players involved, amount of contact, pitch conditions as examples) mean the ability to determine fact from fiction is so much harder. In those cases I see it that benefit of the doubt goes to the "fouled" party but when there is NO contact and player goes down that is blatant cheating. In my eyes there is a difference....

Also I'm not saying Torres is worse or better than other but I am saying it is something he has done before and whilst the card was not justified this time his previous record may have worked against him....
I don't think you're being pedantic at all. I agree completely that if there is contact the benefit of the doubt must be with the 'fouled' party.

That's why the claims from SAF, Evans and even some of the members of this bored that Torres could have stayed up and therefore should have are complete nonsense and beside the point! He was fouled by Evans (studs up nonetheless) and should have been given the benefit of the doubt.

Nonetheless he wasn't, perhaps the referee was prejudiced (as you are implying I think), or perhaps he even didn't see Evans tackling him (how that is possible I don't know considering how close he was though).

I think the referee should take every incident as a new one, I know this is extremely difficult as some players seem to go down for no reason all the time (Suarez, Young, Bale). In my opinion using bias to make a decision is not good and actually makes him a really bad referee...
Old Oct 31st 2012, 11:07 am
Account Closed

I think the referee should take every incident as a new one, I know this is extremely difficult as some players seem to go down for no reason all the time (Suarez, Young, Bale).
Indeed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.