Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Man U, Arsenal or Chelsea?

Man U, Arsenal or Chelsea?

Old Mar 14th 2010, 12:27 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Man U, Arsenal or Chelsea?

Interesting tight end to the season. And even though I "support" one of the above, I'm glad to see a close finish--hoping they'll be another Pizzagate or something similar. Prima donnas managed by selective-visioned gangmasters supported by foul-mouthed yobs. Whoever dubbed it The Beautiful Game had his tongue firmly in his cheek. So then why does it hold a strange fascination?
Old Mar 14th 2010, 12:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Man U, Arsenal or Chelsea?

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy View Post
Interesting tight end to the season. And even though I "support" one of the above, I'm glad to see a close finish--hoping they'll be another Pizzagate or something similar. Prima donnas managed by selective-visioned gangmasters supported by foul-mouthed yobs. Whoever dubbed it The Beautiful Game had his tongue firmly in his cheek. So then why does it hold a strange fascination?
Wasn't 'The Beautiful Game' a quote from Pele? In his case - and in his era - it certainly was. A genius surrounded by genius........ 1970 World Cup winners = what a team that was.

Back to your question - as a Luton Town fan, I can be regarded as neutral (and I've heard all the insults, so don't bother, thanks). Man Utd for me, although that Man Utd v Chelsea at Old Trafford on Easter Saturday might throw a spanner in...............
Old Mar 14th 2010, 12:53 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean View Post
Wasn't 'The Beautiful Game' a quote from Pele? In his case - and in his era - it certainly was. A genius surrounded by genius........ 1970 World Cup winners = what a team that was.

Back to your question - as a Luton Town fan, I can be regarded as neutral (and I've heard all the insults, so don't bother, thanks). Man Utd for me, although that Man Utd v Chelsea at Old Trafford on Easter Saturday might throw a spanner in...............
Ah, in that case I'd have to agree with the quote. Be good if it boils down to one match...
Old Mar 14th 2010, 2:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

CeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy View Post
I'm a massive United fan but i'll try and speak impartially.

Won't be Arsenal - they have a decent side who are doing well but i just don't think they have the edge.

United are doing well but occasionally we look very dodgy. Ever reliant on Rooney but the wingers are going from strength to strength. Fletcher is currently having, probably, the best season of his short career and at the moment I think he's the best midfielder in the prem.

Chelsea, very strong. Have recovered well from recent news scandals but will they miss Cole more than they think? I suspect so. I don't think their midfield is as strong as it has been of late either. Ballack is a waste of space, and a hateful b*****d, who saunters through games without actually doing much. Cech is out for the season. No idea where Essien is.

For me, given Chelsea's injury problems its United.

Plus Rooney just scored again and he's on FIIIRRREEE!!!
Old Mar 15th 2010, 3:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CeeBee View Post
I'm a massive United fan but i'll try and speak impartially.

Won't be Arsenal - they have a decent side who are doing well but i just don't think they have the edge.

United are doing well but occasionally we look very dodgy. Ever reliant on Rooney but the wingers are going from strength to strength. Fletcher is currently having, probably, the best season of his short career and at the moment I think he's the best midfielder in the prem.

Chelsea, very strong. Have recovered well from recent news scandals but will they miss Cole more than they think? I suspect so. I don't think their midfield is as strong as it has been of late either. Ballack is a waste of space, and a hateful b*****d, who saunters through games without actually doing much. Cech is out for the season. No idea where Essien is.

For me, given Chelsea's injury problems its United.

Plus Rooney just scored again and he's on FIIIRRREEE!!!
If (an admittedly in-form recently) Darren Fletcher is the best midfielder in the Premier League, we are in big trouble come South Africa - and the news that Beckham will probably miss it won't help either.

The best midfielder I have seen this season has been Huddlestone - passes like a Hoddle, but with the aggression of a Gerrard - shame he looks so overweight (what's that all about?).
Old Mar 15th 2010, 4:27 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

The best midfielder I have seen this season has been Huddlestone - passes like a Hoddle, but with the aggression of a Gerrard - shame he looks so overweight (what's that all about?).
Too many pies. If Huddlestone is the best midfielder in the Premiership then God save us all. In my opinion, nobody surpasses Arteta and Fabregas, unfortunately both Spanish.
Old Mar 15th 2010, 4:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

I think now we have Vidic and Rio back we will win the league.
will have a better chance if we leave Nani on the bench though!
Old Mar 15th 2010, 6:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by lionheart View Post
Too many pies. If Huddlestone is the best midfielder in the Premiership then God save us all. In my opinion, nobody surpasses Arteta and Fabregas, unfortunately both Spanish.
Sorry, LH - I was only thinking of England-qualified midfielders (following on from my comment about the World Cup).

Specifically, I still rate Huddlestone as the best passer though...........
Old Mar 15th 2010, 6:47 am
Account Closed

Sorry, LH - I was only thinking of England-qualified midfielders (following on from my comment about the World Cup).

Not exactly a midfielder but young Adam Johnson came on after 65 mins for City at Sunderland last night and helped transform the team from utterly dire to almost respectable, topping it off with a truly wonderful goal. If he continues like this, he may be worth a shot at the England team.
Old Mar 15th 2010, 7:07 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Not exactly a midfielder but young Adam Johnson came on after 65 mins for City at Sunderland last night and helped transform the team from utterly dire to almost respectable, topping it off with a truly wonderful goal. If he continues like this, he may be worth a shot at the England team.
Adam Johnson...strange one, that. He left Boro in the transfer window and was seen by many as a bit of a show-pony who thought he was too good for the Championship, although he was the top scorer. He wasn't seen to be as good as his own hype, often went missing in matches...but we shall see what transpires at City. Good luck to him.
Old Mar 15th 2010, 7:44 am
Account Closed

If you want an English midfielder at the peak of his form, look no further than...Scott Parker at WHU.
Old Mar 15th 2010, 8:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

If you want an English midfielder at the peak of his form, look no further than...Scott Parker at WHU.
for once I have to agree with you there LH
Old Mar 15th 2010, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

Mardy is an unknown quantity at this point

I think Chelsea. As a Liverpool fan I am of course a bit biased against MU.
If you compare form of the two, Chelsea have the edge overall and a slightly easier run-in.