British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Man City v Newcastle (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/man-city-v-newcastle-792336/)

Bahtatboy Mar 30th 2013 4:47 pm

Man City v Newcastle

There are 3 right animals playing in that match.

Kix Mar 30th 2013 8:00 pm

Re: Man City v Newcastle

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 10632363)

The ref and the two linesman?

mentalist Mar 31st 2013 4:24 am

What on earth are you on about? It was one of the cleanest games I can remember seeing.:confused:

Spugsy Mar 31st 2013 5:26 am

Originally Posted by mentalist (Post 10632895)
What on earth are you on about? It was one of the cleanest games I can remember seeing.:confused:

It did confuse me as well.

We got humped, and rightly so.

scrubbedexpat141 Mar 31st 2013 5:29 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 10632921)
It did confuse me as well.

We got humped, and rightly so.

Looking a bit desperate for you now pal.

I think you'll be alright but that's because Villa are worse than you, Reading and QPR are down...Wigan might just scrape survival but Sunderhelmet - managerless and with a horrid run in....must be in for the drop.

Spugsy Mar 31st 2013 6:13 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10632924)
Looking a bit desperate for you now pal.

I think you'll be alright but that's because Villa are worse than you, Reading and QPR are down...Wigan might just scrape survival but Sunderhelmet - managerless and with a horrid run in....must be in for the drop.

We've got a good couple of winnable games mate despite being dangerously close to the relegation end:

Fulham (H)
Dirty Mackems (H)
West Brom (A)
Liverpool (H)
West Ham (A)
QPR (A)
Arsenal (H)

I can see three wins in there and that should do it.

sunderland are in deep trouble, no fight, no spirit, no manager and Fletcher out til the end of the season, I always thought they'd be ok but I'm really not sure now - they may stay up but there us a god chance they may go down.

scrubbedexpat141 Mar 31st 2013 6:16 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 10632940)
We've got a good couple of winnable games mate despite being dangerously close to the relegation end:

Fulham (H)
Dirty Mackems (H)
West Brom (A)
Liverpool (H)
West Ham (A)
QPR (A)
Arsenal (H)

I can see three wins in there and that should do it.

sunderland are in deep trouble, no fight, no spirit, no manager and Fletcher out til the end of the season, I always thought they'd be ok but I'm really not sure now - they may stay up but there us a god chance they may go down.

6 points from the first two and something from the WH and QPR games - you'll be safe.

That derby is massive actually. Tasty.

The_Citizen Mar 31st 2013 6:53 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10632942)
6 points from the first two and something from the WH and QPR games - you'll be safe.

That derby is massive actually. Tasty.

Everyone in the bottom 8 at the moment apart from Reading and Sunderland are picking up points.

I think Reading and QPR are already down but that 3rd position is very interesting. Anyone up to West Ham in 11th aren't safe yet. Stoke and Sunderland are currently in a really bad run of form.

It's going to be good to watch over the next few weeks as all the teams are playing each other.

scrubbedexpat141 Mar 31st 2013 6:54 am

Originally Posted by Manchester_QS (Post 10632955)
Everyone in the bottom 8 at the moment apart from Reading and Sunderland are picking up points.

I think Reading and QPR are already down but that 3rd position is very interesting. Anyone up to West Ham in 11th aren't safe yet. Stoke and Sunderland are currently in a really bad run of form.

It's going to be good to watch over the next few weeks as all the teams are playing each other.

I'd happily see Stoke **** off to the championship. Such a horrible manager and team of averageness.

britexpat76 Mar 31st 2013 7:02 am

Hart, A perch? and I give in...........

The_Citizen Mar 31st 2013 7:04 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10632957)
I'd happily see Stoke **** off to the championship. Such a horrible manager and team of averageness.

When you look at the sides that have been promoted recently they all try to play good football. For some it has worked but for others it hasn't!

I think any Stoke supporter would much rather see there team actually try to play good football than the hoof it game they play now. It hasn't even brought them success they are just a very average side and teams were scared to play them but now everyone has them worked out and they are really struggling.

scrubbedexpat141 Mar 31st 2013 7:15 am

Originally Posted by britexpat76 (Post 10632961)
Hart, A perch? and I give in...........

Gosling?

Bahtatboy Mar 31st 2013 2:13 pm

Yep