Man City then....

Old Dec 5th 2012, 7:45 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Man City then....

...half a billion quid can make you champions of England but they are still woeful in Europe.

Manchester City's tally of three points from their six group games replaces Blackburn's record in 1995-96 as the worst by an English team in the Champions League.
Old Dec 5th 2012, 10:15 am
N/A

Dumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Man City then....

Yep its a pretty poor showing and Mancini must be looking over his shoulder just a little.

I don't agree with the seedings for the groups though. City should have been seed 1 as they were the league Champions. All this not wanting to upset Barce, Real and Manure is plain wrong IMO.
Old Dec 5th 2012, 10:23 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dumbo View Post
Yep its a pretty poor showing and Mancini must be looking over his shoulder just a little.

I don't agree with the seedings for the groups though. City should have been seed 1 as they were the league Champions. All this not wanting to upset Barce, Real and Manure is plain wrong IMO.
So true, four champions in one group is a joke.

Still, not good enough for the team and squad they've got.
Old Dec 5th 2012, 10:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

premier league is piss poor at the minute, winning it is no achievement with that budget

they looked awful last night, Dortmund reserves taught them a lesson
Old Dec 5th 2012, 10:43 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sandboy View Post
premier league is piss poor at the minute, winning it is no achievement with that budget
Don't agree with that:

Man City have only won 9 of their 15 games (ie 60%).
Chelsea have only won 3 of their last 10 games, yet are 3rd.
West Brom 5th in the table, Swansea 7th.
Spurs have lost 4 of their last 10 matches, but are still 4th.
The Arse have only won 4 of their last 10 matches.
Man U rightfully on top.
Last weekend saw a 7-goal match between Utd and Reading, Arsenal beaten at home by Swansea, Man City drawing at home to Everton, Chelsea beaten by lowly West Ham.

I'd say its pretty interesting at the moment.
Old Dec 5th 2012, 10:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy View Post
Don't agree with that:

Man U rightfully on top.
Last weekend saw a 7-goal match between Utd and Reading, Arsenal beaten at home by Swansea, Man City drawing at home to Everton, Chelsea beaten by lowly West Ham.

you do agree, you highlight how poor it is

Reading 3-4 Man Utd is interesting but very poor by European standards
Old Dec 5th 2012, 10:49 am
N/A

Dumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond repute

Don't agree with that:

Man U rightfully on top.

Psst how are the mightly Sunderland doing in this piss poor league?
Old Dec 5th 2012, 10:50 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

you do agree, you highlight how poor it is

Reading 3-4 Man Utd is interesting but very poor by European standards
How should it be? Richest at the top, poorest at the bottom? That'd be dull.

Why was Reading Man U poor? Ok, crap defending by U, but great capitalisation (at least in the first half) by Reading. Isn't that what its all about?
Old Dec 5th 2012, 10:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Dumbo View Post
Psst how are the mightly Sunderland doing in this piss poor league?
same as they have all my life, nowt changes
Old Dec 5th 2012, 10:54 am
BE Forum Addict

How should it be? Richest at the top, poorest at the bottom? That'd be dull.

Why was Reading Man U poor? Ok, crap defending by U, but great capitalisation (at least in the first half) by Reading. Isn't that what its all about?
the thread started by commenting on City's European performances, I agree the PL is the most entertaining but it has fallen in quality and that's reflected in the fact that the champions finished bottom of their group.. not that I care

*european football has concerned me for 4 nights of my 46 years
Old Dec 5th 2012, 10:58 am
N/A

the thread started by commenting on City's European performances, I agree the PL is the most entertaining but it has fallen in quality and that's reflected in the fact that the champions finished bottom of their group.. not that I care

*european football has concerned me for 4 nights of my 46 years
4 is much better than 0 Sandy. I would settle for a season in the sun, you Premier League supporters don't know that your born .

1888, 1889, and 1938 were good years for my team.
Old Dec 5th 2012, 11:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy View Post
...half a billion quid can make you champions of England but they are still woeful in Europe.

Manchester City's tally of three points from their six group games replaces Blackburn's record in 1995-96 as the worst by an English team in the Champions League.
I think their confidence, Champions-League-wise, took a knock when they lost the first group game 3-2 at Real Madrid when they really should have won (2-1 up and totally on top with 87 mins gone).

Their only really crap performance came at Ajax (although I didn't watch last night) and they were never thrashed (unlike Ajax).

And yes - there is something wrong with the seedings if the actual champions (i.e. they didn't just 'qualify', they actually won it) from Germany, Spain, England and Holland are in the same group.......
Old Dec 5th 2012, 11:46 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

A few bullet points.
City were unbeaten at home against the champions of Spain, Holland and Germany. Lost away by more than the odd goal only once. Borussia Dortmund finished rock bottom of their group last season and look at them now. Really glad we have no Thursday night (Europa League) commitments to detract from the Premier League title race. The Manchester derby on Sunday beckons.
Forza Mancini
Old Dec 5th 2012, 11:49 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mentalist View Post
The Manchester derby on Sunday beckons.
Forza Mancini
It's either going to be a blinding 4-4/4-3/5-4

OR

The worst 0-0 you've ever seen.

Ideally, (sorry Bahtat) I'd love to see another 6-1.
Old Dec 5th 2012, 11:58 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mentalist View Post
A few bullet points.
City were unbeaten at home against the champions of Spain, Holland and Germany. Lost away by more than the odd goal only once. Borussia Dortmund finished rock bottom of their group last season and look at them now. Really glad we have no Thursday night (Europa League) commitments to detract from the Premier League title race. The Manchester derby on Sunday beckons.
Forza Mancini
City suck the sweat off dead man's balls
plus FYI
  • bullet point
that is a bullet point

Last edited by weasel decentral; Dec 5th 2012 at 12:02 pm.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.