Man city then....

Old Dec 22nd 2008, 5:46 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Man city then....

Originally Posted by The Dean
Don't see the logic - he could cope under the old regime, but not under the new one?
My point is that Hughes may be able to handle ordinary British players but seems unable to do so with the international stars the new regime are bringing to the club. He apparently told Elano to report to his office immediately after some training incident and then kept him waiting two hours outside. What some of these players need is an arm around the shoulder and reassurance that they are wonderful. Hughes doesn't have the capability to do that and his boot camp mentality is going to drive our best players away. I was all in favour of Hughes when he first arrived but its become clear that he has lost the dressing room and that the players have lost their confidence, just like Ramos at Spurs. Another good manager but likewise unable to handle the squad that he inherited. Funnily enough Sven, who in my view shouldn't have been sacked, would do a better job than Hughes under the new regime. Hughes is also an ex-rag, which doesn't go well with the die hard blues, who will become vocal on Boxing Day I'm sure.
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 5:58 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
My point is that Hughes may be able to handle ordinary British players but seems unable to do so with the international stars the new regime are bringing to the club. He apparently told Elano to report to his office immediately after some training incident and then kept him waiting two hours outside. What some of these players need is an arm around the shoulder and reassurance that they are wonderful. Hughes doesn't have the capability to do that and his boot camp mentality is going to drive our best players away. I was all in favour of Hughes when he first arrived but its become clear that he has lost the dressing room and that the players have lost their confidence, just like Ramos at Spurs. Another good manager but likewise unable to handle the squad that he inherited. Funnily enough Sven, who in my view shouldn't have been sacked, would do a better job than Hughes under the new regime. Hughes is also an ex-rag, which doesn't go well with the die hard blues, who will become vocal on Boxing Day I'm sure.
man, we'd take Elano off you in a second.
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 6:13 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Spugsy
At the moment over 80% of his passes go astray, that's when he bothers to play. He has a serious attitude problem which Hughes cannot seem to resolve. Either Elano goes or Hughes goes. Unfortunately, Elano isn't the only rotten apple.
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 6:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
At the moment over 80% of his passes go astray, that's when he bothers to play. He has a serious attitude problem which Hughes cannot seem to resolve. Either Elano goes or Hughes goes. Unfortunately, Elano isn't the only rotten apple.
yeh you have about 40,000 on them in the stands every home game!
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 9:41 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
"Late West Brom winner puts Hughes under pressure"??

It's all press-created garbage.

Man City are six points behind the team in 8th place (the 'mighty' Fulham), with the next five matches to come as follows:

Hull (H)
Blackburn (A)
Portsmouth (A)
Wigan (H)
Newcastle (H)

Nine or ten points from that lot (not an unreasonable assumption) will put them into the top half.

Calm down City fans - this is the season where everyone from about 6th to 19th is of a very similar standard.

They'll be fine............

Fulham are fabulous and anyone who say different will have me to answer to!

The points different across the whole premiership is so small that we could see loads of movement in the next few months. As far as I am concerned, it is lovely not to live in the relegation zone!

Sougsy - did you hear the Dubai Eye sports show yesterday. Even Max & Pete agreeing with me (after numerous texts!).

-

-
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 10:26 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow

The points different across the whole premiership is so small that we could see loads of movement in the next few months. As far as I am concerned, it is lovely not to live in the relegation zone!

Sougsy - did you hear the Dubai Eye sports show yesterday. Even Max & Pete agreeing with me (after numerous texts!).

-

-
aye you are doing pretty well actually, a mate of mine is a fulham fan and he's fairly happy,

nah I've never heard it actually, I really should eh?
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 10:27 am
why ayeeeee man!

-

-
(you got that fulham t-shirt on again eh??)
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 10:35 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

(you got that fulham t-shirt on again eh??)

I have a variety. All the same size though...

-
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 10:52 am
why ayeeeee man!

I have a variety. All the same size though...

-
Ah, many facebook friends, you shall have....
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 10:58 am
Bored liberal

Ah, many facebook friends, you shall have....

Oddly lots of weirdos keep wanting to be my 'friend'.

-
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 9:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

bimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud of

He´s available you know...Even a loan deal.
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 3:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Sky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud of

I think that Sparky will leave Man City in the not to distant future, mainly due to high expectations and too much cash. Very good manager at Blackburn and Wales dont forget, but maybe a bit out of his depth at City...

Sven would have been a better bet at this stage, thought he was treated very badly... But thats football these days...

I hear Roy Keane is available?
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 6:23 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by Sky Blue
I think that Sparky will leave Man City in the not to distant future, mainly due to high expectations and too much cash. Very good manager at Blackburn and Wales dont forget, but maybe a bit out of his depth at City...

Sven would have been a better bet at this stage, thought he was treated very badly... But thats football these days...

I hear Roy Keane is available?
he did a good job did Sven, I like him, plus anyone who looks like him yet keeps getting loads of decent flange must have something about him eh?