British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Man city then.... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/man-city-then-579675/)

Spugsy Dec 21st 2008 4:09 pm

Man city then....

..in the bottom three, who would have thunk it eh?

Karlos The Jackal Dec 21st 2008 4:11 pm

Re: Man city then....

Oh ayup, shes on................Newcastle have won again ! :lol:

Spugsy Dec 21st 2008 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by Karlos The Jackal (Post 7088445)
Oh ayup, shes on................Newcastle have won again ! :lol:

and mcallister has been sacked eh?

Karlos The Jackal Dec 21st 2008 4:24 pm

Feel sorry for him but the time is right I think !

Roadking Dec 21st 2008 4:31 pm

Re: Man-City

Guys, there is someone on another thread who is also interested in this subject. Might be worth hooking up. :p

I DO NOT need to access political, or news sites, just personal sites important only to me. Some of these sites are gay-specific, like gayromeo, or gaydar.

Spugsy Dec 21st 2008 4:33 pm

Re: Man-City

Originally Posted by Roadking (Post 7088511)
Guys, there is someone on another thread who is also interested in this subject. Might be worth hooking up. :p

I DO NOT need to access political, or news sites, just personal sites important only to me. Some of these sites are gay-specific, like gayromeo, or gaydar.

'I'm gay so am doing the best thing and moving to the middle east where it's pretty much illegal everywhere, but canyou guys hook me up with loads of gay sites please?'

oh aye, good idea.

bimcnorth Dec 21st 2008 4:38 pm

Hughes days at Man City might be running out fast..I mean if we look at Sheikh Mansours other highlights this season.

A) Voted best horsebreeder in France (Normandy stables)

B) Became biggest shareholder in Barclays bank (16.3%) after injecting £3.25bn in convertibles and RCI.

Citys performance simply ain´t up to scratch, heck..Sven was fired and £80m of new players added and now this.

Typical City I´ll tell yah..:frown:

Karlos The Jackal Dec 21st 2008 5:11 pm

City are my adopted team this season, had to pick a side to watch every week on showtime !

Typical, Leeds are shit and now City are shit !

Spugsy Dec 21st 2008 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by Karlos The Jackal (Post 7088603)
City are my adopted team this season, had to pick a side to watch every week on showtime !

support the toon big man, you know it makes sense!

Karlos The Jackal Dec 21st 2008 5:21 pm

Spugs I would.....................but they are shite and Viduka is a tosser !:D

bimcnorth Dec 21st 2008 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by Karlos The Jackal (Post 7088603)

Don´t complain, I´m a City fan and my missus supports Leeds.

Doom & Gloom "R" US..:lol:

Inselaffen Dec 22nd 2008 12:17 am

next season will be amusing seeing the "Richest Club in the World" play in the Championship! Robhino will love that :rofl:

The Dean Dec 22nd 2008 3:24 am

"Late West Brom winner puts Hughes under pressure"??

It's all press-created garbage.

Man City are six points behind the team in 8th place (the 'mighty' Fulham), with the next five matches to come as follows:

Hull (H)
Blackburn (A)
Portsmouth (A)
Wigan (H)
Newcastle (H)

Nine or ten points from that lot (not an unreasonable assumption) will put them into the top half.

Calm down City fans - this is the season where everyone from about 6th to 19th is of a very similar standard.

They'll be fine............

lionheart Dec 22nd 2008 3:48 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7088439)
..in the bottom three, who would have thunk it eh?

Hughes would have been able to cope prior to the Arab buy-out but now with all the high expectations that have now arisen, he is simply out of his depth. He lacks the man management skills to motivate the star players which the big money is sure to attract. Last night all three of the Brazilian signings were absent without leave. The rest simply did not operate as a team. My money is on Hughes departure but probably not before we hit rock bottom and are dumped out of the FA Cup by Nottingham Forest in early January. Frank Rijkeard is my choice to replace him.

The Dean Dec 22nd 2008 4:36 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 7089976)
Hughes would have been able to cope prior to the Arab buy-out but now with all the high expectations that have now arisen, he is simply out of his depth. He lacks the man management skills to motivate the star players which the big money is sure to attract. Last night all three of the Brazilian signings were absent without leave. The rest simply did not operate as a team. My money is on Hughes departure but probably not before we hit rock bottom and are dumped out of the FA Cup by Nottingham Forest in early January. Frank Rijkeard is my choice to replace him.

Don't see the logic - he could cope under the old regime, but not under the new one?

That just proves that owners have lost the plot.

Expectations are always going to be high (particularly among the fans) who ever owns - and who ever manages.

Look at how mediocre teams like Bolton and Fulham have climbed the table in recent weeks - anyone can beat anyone these days, the top four/five perhaps being an exception.

Man City are 18th, but with a positive goal difference, while Hull are 6th with a negative one. Logical?

Two good four-goal wins for Sunderland have taken them to the "safety" of 13th place - the safety of being... er... THREE points above the relegation places.

Keep Hughes, just as Blackburn should have kept Ince.