British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Man City Game (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/man-city-game-640287/)

rowell Nov 12th 2009 7:31 am

Man City Game

Tried to get tickets for the Man City game yesterday (for a friend )from Etihad, not a sell out by a long way but they tell me that they were told to return all tickets for the game last Sunday and have never been issued with anymore, nor do they know where to get them from...............Sounds like another cock up ........The mind boggles

DOCUAE Nov 12th 2009 9:48 am

Re: Man City Game

Hi Rowell

I got mine from Virgin Megastore in Mall of the Emirates

lionheart Nov 12th 2009 9:53 am

Owing to players on international duty, City will have only Stephen Ireland and Pablo Zabaleta from their normal starting eleven. It will be a public relations exercise for the sole benefit of UAE football fans as they will be none the wiser and will simply enjoy thrashing Premier League opponents.

busybee2 Nov 12th 2009 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 8092929)
Owing to players on international duty, City will have only Stephen Ireland and Pablo Zabaleta from their normal starting eleven. It will be a public relations exercise for the sole benefit of UAE football fans as they will be none the wiser and will simply enjoy thrashing Premier League opponents.

it was very obvious that it wouldnt be a proper side and they have lost out, as loads of people have told me that they tried to get tickets and couldnt, our school organised for the tickets to be sold there so had no probs. its a trial run as they have just refurbed the stadium for the world club thingy thats happening very soon.

Millhouse Nov 13th 2009 4:34 am

Originally Posted by busybee2 (Post 8094081)
it was very obvious that it wouldnt be a proper side and they have lost out, as loads of people have told me that they tried to get tickets and couldnt, our school organised for the tickets to be sold there so had no probs. its a trial run as they have just refurbed the stadium for the world club thingy thats happening very soon.

Well I went...

Lower half of the stadium was 3/4 full. Top half empty.

Game was like a training session. Unsurprisingly the UAE won 1-0 with a penalty...

The highlight was the pitch invasion at the end. Very funny to watch hundreds of locals storm the pitch and have to be rounded up by the police with batterns... I kid you not.

flares Nov 13th 2009 4:46 am

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse (Post 8096120)
Well I went...

The highlight was the pitch invasion at the end. Very funny to watch hundreds of locals storm the pitch and have to be rounded up by the police with batterns... I kid you not.

I missed that as left on final whistle. Highlight of the game for me were the quality pies unexpectedly available from the kiosk.

Tucking into mi steak and kidney at half time I shut my eyes and was tranported to a wet and windy lower league terrace many miles away...lulley...until I was rudely reminded where I was by the international school kid brats sat behind giving it some rather Americanised chanting...Let's go City, Let's go!! wtf

busybee2 Nov 14th 2009 4:50 pm

what about the sprinklers....!