British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Man City *-* Man Utd (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/man-city-%2A-%2A-man-utd-650288/)

lionheart Jan 20th 2010 6:10 am

Man City *-* Man Utd

Sorry guys, but I just wanted to see last night's result in print.:D

Spugsy Jan 20th 2010 6:43 am

Re: Man City 2-1 Man Utd

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 8265022)
Sorry guys, but I just wanted to see last night's result in print.:D

was a canny game, Tevez was totally up for it eh?

Bonny Boy Jan 20th 2010 6:49 am

Carling cup.....

First leg....

lionheart Jan 20th 2010 7:15 am

Originally Posted by Bonny Boy (Post 8265113)
Carling cup.....

First leg....

Semi-final...two full strength teams, only injured or African Cup players missing. What is your point?

Inselaffen Jan 20th 2010 7:28 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 8265159)
Semi-final...two full strength teams, only injured or African Cup players missing. What is your point?

point is that its only the first leg held at the Council House.
lets see what happens after 2 legs

lionheart Jan 20th 2010 7:44 am

Originally Posted by Inselaffen (Post 8265176)
point is that its only the first leg held at the Council House.
lets see what happens after 2 legs

My prediction at the Swamp is 2-1 to the Rags after 90 minutes then Tevez scores an extra-time goal to give City the aggregate win. Apparently, even if Utd are leading 1-0 after 90 mins it still goes to extra-time. The away goals rule only applies thereafter.

The Dean Jan 20th 2010 7:45 am

On 24 April, 1988, it was still known as the Littlewoods Cup............ :rolleyes:

Thydney Jan 20th 2010 7:47 am

There are people in the US who only get the matches on a delayed basis. Youre a bit selfish to put the score up especially as a title.

Bonny Boy Jan 20th 2010 8:02 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 8265159)

Like Inse said.

Not much to get excited about.

OK, it's not going to be one of our better seasons, but we haven't sunk to getting excited about Carling Cup, Semi -final, first leg 'victories'. :p

Bijilo123 Jan 20th 2010 9:14 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 8265207)
My prediction at the Swamp is 2-1 to the Rags after 90 minutes then Tevez scores an extra-time goal to give City the aggregate win. Apparently, even if Utd are leading 1-0 after 90 mins it still goes to extra-time. The away goals rule only applies thereafter.

I would have thought that it would go to penalties. That would be more logical than mixing away goals counting twice with away goals counting once...

lionheart Jan 20th 2010 9:55 am

Originally Posted by Bijilo123 (Post 8265419)
I would have thought that it would go to penalties. That would be more logical than mixing away goals counting twice with away goals counting once...

It would go to penalties only if it finishes 2-1 to Utd after extra-time. Otherwise, the away goals rule applies.

lionheart Jan 20th 2010 9:58 am

Originally Posted by Thydney (Post 8265215)
There are people in the US who only get the matches on a delayed basis. Youre a bit selfish to put the score up especially as a title.

Sorry but the scoreline has already been published on-line in many newspaper websites and several USA-based City fans were actively discussing the result on football forums, so please don't insult me.

flares Jan 20th 2010 10:03 am

Originally Posted by Thydney (Post 8265215)

Agree

ps this reply contains a spoiler to all US based Aston Villa Fans
FA Cup 4th Round

Aston Villa 0 Brighton & Hove Albion 6 (Crofts 2, Murray, Forster, Bennett, Cuellar og)

Thydney Jan 20th 2010 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 8265526)
Sorry but the scoreline has already been published on-line in many newspaper websites and several USA-based City fans were actively discussing the result on football forums, so please don't insult me.

Not insulting you merely pointing out that some people avoid football sites etc in order to avoid finding the score out. This isn't a football site so people feel 'safe'

Spoiler:
That is the purpose for this button

CeeBee Jan 20th 2010 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by Bonny Boy (Post 8265251)
Like Inse said.

Not much to get excited about.

OK, it's not going to be one of our better seasons, but we haven't sunk to getting excited about Carling Cup, Semi -final, first leg 'victories'. :p

Everything he said....

I don't think city played well at all, i don't think that the scoreline was reflective of the game and next thing you know it will be 35 years.

Only a small time club would get excited about something like this.