Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Malls and Hotels...is that all there is????

Malls and Hotels...is that all there is????

Old Oct 10th 2009, 4:16 am
Just Joined

newbiecpl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Malls and Hotels...is that all there is????

Hi Guys my wife and I have recently moved here to Dubai and there only seems to be Malls and Hotels to visit in the Sandpit. Any Ideas or suggestions?? Also whats the law on drinking at home? Any restrictions??
Old Oct 10th 2009, 4:20 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Malls and Hotels...is that all there is????

Originally Posted by newbiecpl View Post
Hi Guys my wife and I have recently moved here to Dubai and there only seems to be Malls and Hotels to visit in the Sandpit. Any Ideas or suggestions?? Also whats the law on drinking at home? Any restrictions??
buy a copy of Time Out and get a drinks licence
Old Oct 10th 2009, 4:37 am
Just Joined

Cheers Blue Cat! Much appreciated.
Old Oct 10th 2009, 4:57 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers Blue Cat! Much appreciated.
do the Big Bus Tour too there is tons of stuff to do in Dubai, agreed it may involve a Mall or a hotel (ski-ing and Wild Wadi) but hunt and you will find
Old Oct 10th 2009, 5:18 am
Just Joined

your a saviour! By they way why you up so early on a Saturday?? I thought only poor saps like me need to report to the office on a weekend!? you need to be nursing a hangover or somthing!
Old Oct 10th 2009, 5:23 am
Concierge

your a saviour! By they way why you up so early on a Saturday?? I thought only poor saps like me need to report to the office on a weekend!? you need to be nursing a hangover or somthing!
nursing a sick kid, Mitten has got a temperature, just got her back off to sleep so catching up on line
Old Oct 10th 2009, 5:53 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

are you into any sports?
Old Oct 10th 2009, 5:56 am
Just Joined

My Little one runs on Solar power or something! thank God she is at school or I would not know what to do with her! I take my hat of for the missus though ...she handles her while I am at work.

I love sports when I am behind a Pint glass !! No honestly I Scuba and like a little rugby now and then. Signed in at the Aviation Club...lets see how that goes.
Old Oct 10th 2009, 5:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

My Little one runs on Solar power or something! thank God she is at school or I would not know what to do with her! I take my hat of for the missus though ...she handles her while I am at work.

I love sports when I am behind a Pint glass !! No honestly I Scuba and like a little rugby now and then. Signed in at the Aviation Club...lets see how that goes.
You're going to be fun to have around.......... welcome.
Old Oct 10th 2009, 5:59 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=newbiecpl;8005450]My Little one runs on Solar power or something! thank God she is at school or I would not know what to do with her! I take my hat of for the missus though ...she handles her while I am at work.
QUOTE]

absolutely ditto...

The dean prob knows the Rugby scene..
Old Oct 10th 2009, 6:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=commander;8005456]
QUOTE]

absolutely ditto...

The dean prob knows the Rugby scene..
Yea - as far as I know there is still time to get your Dubai 7s tickets (at least, they are still being advertised), and that's an unmissable social as well as sporting event.
Old Oct 10th 2009, 6:22 am
Concierge

how old is the child, I have a 5 year old who runs on solar power too!
Old Oct 10th 2009, 6:41 am
Just Joined

Thanks Dean. 7's it is then! Or if I am unlucky and dont get decent tickets then I have been told about a place called "The Irish Pub". Lets see.

She is 7 years old going on 22. If your looking for a play date for the kids I can let my wife know and can get it set up! I am sure my daughter would love it!
Old Oct 10th 2009, 6:44 am
banned

Thanks Dean. 7's it is then! Or if I am unlucky and dont get decent tickets then I have been told about a place called "The Irish Pub". Lets see.

She is 7 years old going on 22. If your looking for a play date for the kids I can let my wife know and can get it set up! I am sure my daughter would love it!
irish village..its near to the avaition club

where are you staying?
Old Oct 10th 2009, 6:54 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by commander View Post
irish village..its near to the avaition club

where are you staying?
The Company has put us in a Flat in Al Quasis! Its like living in a building Site! We are now looking for a Villa to move into.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.