British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Malls and Hotels...is that all there is???? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/malls-hotels-all-there-634884/)

newbiecpl Oct 10th 2009 4:16 am

Malls and Hotels...is that all there is????

Hi Guys my wife and I have recently moved here to Dubai and there only seems to be Malls and Hotels to visit in the Sandpit. Any Ideas or suggestions?? Also whats the law on drinking at home? Any restrictions??

Blue Cat Oct 10th 2009 4:20 am

Re: Malls and Hotels...is that all there is????

Originally Posted by newbiecpl (Post 8005306)
Hi Guys my wife and I have recently moved here to Dubai and there only seems to be Malls and Hotels to visit in the Sandpit. Any Ideas or suggestions?? Also whats the law on drinking at home? Any restrictions??

buy a copy of Time Out and get a drinks licence :)

newbiecpl Oct 10th 2009 4:37 am

Cheers Blue Cat! Much appreciated.

Blue Cat Oct 10th 2009 4:57 am

Originally Posted by newbiecpl (Post 8005332)
Cheers Blue Cat! Much appreciated.

do the Big Bus Tour too :) there is tons of stuff to do in Dubai, agreed it may involve a Mall or a hotel (ski-ing and Wild Wadi) but hunt and you will find :)

newbiecpl Oct 10th 2009 5:18 am

your a saviour! By they way why you up so early on a Saturday?? I thought only poor saps like me need to report to the office on a weekend!? you need to be nursing a hangover or somthing! :D

Blue Cat Oct 10th 2009 5:23 am

Originally Posted by newbiecpl (Post 8005379)
your a saviour! By they way why you up so early on a Saturday?? I thought only poor saps like me need to report to the office on a weekend!? you need to be nursing a hangover or somthing! :D

nursing a sick kid, Mitten has got a temperature, just got her back off to sleep so catching up on line :)

commander Oct 10th 2009 5:53 am

are you into any sports?

newbiecpl Oct 10th 2009 5:56 am

My Little one runs on Solar power or something! thank God she is at school or I would not know what to do with her! I take my hat of for the missus though ...she handles her while I am at work.

I love sports when I am behind a Pint glass :lol:!! No honestly I Scuba and like a little rugby now and then. Signed in at the Aviation Club...lets see how that goes.

The Dean Oct 10th 2009 5:58 am

Originally Posted by newbiecpl (Post 8005450)
My Little one runs on Solar power or something! thank God she is at school or I would not know what to do with her! I take my hat of for the missus though ...she handles her while I am at work.

I love sports when I am behind a Pint glass :lol:!! No honestly I Scuba and like a little rugby now and then. Signed in at the Aviation Club...lets see how that goes.

You're going to be fun to have around.......... welcome.

commander Oct 10th 2009 5:59 am

[QUOTE=newbiecpl;8005450]My Little one runs on Solar power or something! thank God she is at school or I would not know what to do with her! I take my hat of for the missus though ...she handles her while I am at work.
QUOTE]

absolutely ditto...

The dean prob knows the Rugby scene..

The Dean Oct 10th 2009 6:04 am

[QUOTE=commander;8005456]

QUOTE]

absolutely ditto...

The dean prob knows the Rugby scene..

Yea - as far as I know there is still time to get your Dubai 7s tickets (at least, they are still being advertised), and that's an unmissable social as well as sporting event.

Blue Cat Oct 10th 2009 6:22 am

how old is the child, I have a 5 year old who runs on solar power too!

newbiecpl Oct 10th 2009 6:41 am

Thanks Dean. 7's it is then! Or if I am unlucky and dont get decent tickets then I have been told about a place called "The Irish Pub". Lets see.

She is 7 years old going on 22. If your looking for a play date for the kids I can let my wife know and can get it set up! I am sure my daughter would love it!

commander Oct 10th 2009 6:44 am

Originally Posted by newbiecpl (Post 8005531)
Thanks Dean. 7's it is then! Or if I am unlucky and dont get decent tickets then I have been told about a place called "The Irish Pub". Lets see.

She is 7 years old going on 22. If your looking for a play date for the kids I can let my wife know and can get it set up! I am sure my daughter would love it!

irish village..its near to the avaition club

where are you staying?

newbiecpl Oct 10th 2009 6:54 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 8005534)
irish village..its near to the avaition club

where are you staying?

The Company has put us in a Flat in Al Quasis! Its like living in a building Site! We are now looking for a Villa to move into.