British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Malay Muslim groups to wage 'jihad' against Cadbury. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/malay-muslim-groups-wage-jihad-against-cadbury-834935/)

redShark Jun 7th 2014 9:39 am

Re: Malay Muslim groups to wage 'jihad' against Cadbury.

Originally Posted by kimilseung (Post 11291203)
Presumably the answer here, is your God, Mr Shark.

Right, now we are talking. So you admit that there is a creator for our physical world who created the laws of physics and set the rules, i.e Mathematics. Therefore that naturally means that we can’t apply those laws on him, the only way to understand him is through revelations, and in his last revelation the Quran, he describes himself in one verse “Say: He is the creator , the One and Only! the Eternal, the Absolute; He begetteth not nor is He begotten. And there is absolutely none like unto Him.” ( chapter 112)
Eternity means there is no notion of Time so there is no process of creation in that existence.

Bahtatboy Jun 7th 2014 10:14 am

Originally Posted by redShark (Post 11291803)
Right, now we are talking. So you admit that there is a creator for our physical world who created the laws of physics and set the rules, i.e Mathematics. Therefore that naturally means that we can’t apply those laws on him, the only way to understand him is through revelations, and in his last revelation the Quran, he describes himself in one verse “Say: He is the creator , the One and Only! the Eternal, the Absolute; He begetteth not nor is He begotten. And there is absolutely none like unto Him.” ( chapter 112)
Eternity means there is no notion of Time so there is no process of creation in that existence.

Good evening. The last scene was interesting from the point of view of a professional logician because it contained a number of logical fallacies; that is, invalid propositional constructions and syllogistic forms, of the type so often committed by my wife.

'All wood burns,' states Sir Bedeveare. 'Therefore,' he concludes, 'all that burns is wood.' This is, of course, pure bullshit. Universal affirmatives can only be partially converted: all of Alma Cogan is dead, but only some of the class of dead people are Alma Cogan. 'Oh yes,' one would think. However, my wife does not understand this necessary limitation of the conversion of a proposition; consequently, she does not understand me, for how can a woman expect to appreciate a professor of logic, if the simplest cloth-eared syllogism causes her to flounder?

For example, given the premise, 'all fish live underwater' and 'all mackerel are fish', my wife will conclude, not that 'all mackerel live underwater', but that 'if she buys kippers it will not rain', or that 'trout live in trees', or even that 'I do not love her any more.' This she calls 'using her intuition'. I call it 'crap', and it gets me very irritated because it is not logical. 'There will be no supper tonight,' she will sometimes cry upon my return home. 'Why not?' I will ask. 'Because I have been screwing the milkman all day,' she will say, quite oblivious of the howling error she has made. 'But,' I will wearily point out, 'even given that the activities of screwing the milkman and getting supper are mutually exclusive, now that the screwing is over, surely then, supper may now, logically, be got.' 'You don't love me any more,' she will now often postulate. 'If you did, you would give me one now and again, so that I would not have to rely on that rancid ********** for my orgasms.' 'I will give you one after you have got me my supper,' I now usually scream, 'but not before'-- as you understand, making her bang contingent on the arrival of my supper. 'God, you turn me on when you're angry, you ancient brute!' she now mysteriously deduces, forcing her sweetly throbbing tongue down my throat. '**** supper!' I now invariably conclude, throwing logic somewhat joyously to the four winds, and so we thrash about on our milk-stained floor, transported by animal passion, until we sink back, exhausted, onto the cartons of yogurt.

I'm afraid I seem to have strayed somewhat from my original brief. But in a nutshell: sex is more fun than logic. One cannot prove this, but it 'is' in the same sense that Mount Everest 'is', or that Alma Cogan 'isn't'.

Goodnight.

al dente Jun 7th 2014 12:19 pm

My 8 year old today said, there is no god without humans.

Think she nailed it.

Bahtatboy Jun 7th 2014 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by al dente (Post 11291925)

Think she nailed it.

Amen to that.

Millhouse Jun 7th 2014 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by al dente (Post 11291925)

Think she nailed it.

Nah, my dog used to stare at the South East wall for hours when we lived in the UK. Pretty sure that was in the right direction.

Bahtatboy Jun 7th 2014 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 11291939)
Nah, my dog used to stare at the South East wall for hours when we lived in the UK. Pretty sure that was in the right direction.

It just wanted to go for a perambulation.

Boomhauer Jun 7th 2014 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 11292040)
It just wanted to use a big word.

:D

Mr Weeze Jun 7th 2014 10:45 pm

He is an A grade quality troll. You don't get many of them to the pound, I can tell you, etc.

Mogs Jun 8th 2014 6:55 am

Originally Posted by redShark (Post 11289303)
Blame no body but yourself for this confusion. You are the one who decide to put himself under the illusion that this life is the ultimate heaven. The creator has communicated to mankind time and time again that haven is not on earth.

I blame Belinda Carlisle for the confusion.

Millhouse Jun 8th 2014 6:56 am

Originally Posted by Mogs (Post 11292847)

not just her, Rolf didn't help matters either.

scrubbedexpat094 Jun 8th 2014 9:51 am

Originally Posted by Mogs (Post 11292847)

:hysterical: