British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Malay Muslim groups to wage 'jihad' against Cadbury. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/malay-muslim-groups-wage-jihad-against-cadbury-834935/)

Boomhauer May 27th 2014 8:29 am

Malay Muslim groups to wage 'jihad' against Cadbury.

First I want you all to take a deep breath then let it out slowly, cause you gona need some composure while reading this article:rofl:

Evidently some Porcine DNA tainted the chocolates.

KUALA LUMPUR, May 27 ― More than 20 Malay-Muslim groups have called for a nationwide boycott on all Cadbury products, saying that a holy war needs to be waged against the confectionary giant for attempting to “weaken” Muslims in Malaysia.

“They have betrayed us Muslims by putting 'haram' elements through the foods we consume in our body, to weaken us Muslims.

“That is why Muslims are weak, divided,” Perkasa Selangor chief Abu Bakar Yahya told reporters.

Perkid president Ustaz Masridzi Sat said most social ills and apostasy cases in the country involving Muslims stemmed from them consuming food which was not halal.

“Because the person eats pork it is difficult to guide him to the right path. When the day of judgment comes, that person will be wearing a pig-face because of what he has eaten,” he said.

https://news.yahoo.com/muslim-groups...051500185.html

In related news, I just had some pepperoni pizza last night; guess I am going to look like a pig when I croak.:hehe:

lanarkwitch May 27th 2014 11:29 am

Re: Malay Muslim groups to wage 'jihad' against Cadbury.

In fairness they have a point, any Cadbury stuff not made in the UK tastes like crap as many will attest. Never found any pork scratchings in any of it though.

britexpat76 May 27th 2014 11:49 am

Originally Posted by lanarkwitch (Post 11277305)
In fairness they have a point, any Cadbury stuff not made in the UK tastes like crap as many will attest. Never found any pork scratchings in any of it though.

I agree they have a point, Its just the way they go about it. ******* Jihad?! Its not like someone allergic to peanuts finding a hazelnut in his Flake with potential life threatening possibilities.

It's a bit of pig you morons that the rest of the world manages to eat quite safely without developing a piggy head or as far as anyone knows on this planet preventing you from going wherever you want to go when the lights go out permanently.

I hate fish but I certainly wouldn't call for Cadbutys destruction over some fish oil you cannot even taste in my walnut whip.

Blue Cat May 27th 2014 11:56 am

“Because the person eats pork it is difficult to guide him to the right path. When the day of judgment comes, that person will be wearing a pig-face because of what he has eaten,” he said.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

martinbkk May 27th 2014 2:12 pm

“Because the person eats pork it is difficult to guide him to the right path. When the day of judgment comes, that person will be wearing a pig-face because of what he has eaten,”

And they know this precisely how?

Bahtatboy May 27th 2014 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by martinbkk (Post 11277560)
“Because the person eats pork it is difficult to guide him to the right path. When the day of judgment comes, that person will be wearing a pig-face because of what he has eaten,”

And they know this precisely how?

How d'you know anything you can't prove?

Autonomy May 27th 2014 4:26 pm

To be sure, I'd suggest they stop drinking water or touching paper money as well...

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...water-cocaine/

The link from kitchen or bathroom to coast can also grease the path for some rather unsavory substances, such as illegal drugs, experts have discovered.

After a person has taken drugs such as cocaine, heroin, marijuana, and ecstasy, active byproducts of these substances are released into the sewage stream through that person's urine and feces.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...ine-money.html

I'm pretty sure cocaine is haram... pretty sure porcine by products might also be in that there water soup...

Bahtatboy May 27th 2014 5:13 pm

Breaking news...

Every cloud has a silver lining: Cadbury's has announced it will start selling bacon-flavoured chocolate. Nom nom nom...

OleJanx May 27th 2014 5:58 pm

It's interesting that for many years Cadbury's products were prohibited in the Gulf states. I well remember smuggling Flakes into Qatar...

martinbkk May 27th 2014 6:28 pm

Exactly, but I don't think I'd try and convince anyone of anything that either I couldn't prove myself or at least show that it's been previously proven.

redShark May 27th 2014 10:23 pm

Talking of pork consumption, let me make it clear first of all that what I am going to say here are not established facts that I am willing to enter a debate on, but rather they are some kind of thoughts I have been entertaining and trying to study further.

When I look at the food habits of nations around the world I somehow seem to detect some difference between those nations that consume pigs meat and the others that don’t in that those pork consuming nations seem to have a relaxed attitude towards human sexual behaviours. I am not talking about individual cases here, but I am rather on about the general behavioural trend in societies observed over their long history. Nations that don’t consume pork, namely the Muslim world and also the Indians who traditionally have been either vegetarians or too poor to afford meat, tend to be very strict about sexual behaviours. Let me just give you two examples of such attitudes:

-Consider the two neighbouring Asian countries of Thailand and Malaysia. Two nations united by their genes, yet divided by religion and hence by the food they eat. Which one of them is the magnet for the sex tourists?

-Imagine a prety wife one day discovers that she actually has got an acting talent and that she is adamant in pursuing a carrier in acting. The question is, would her husband allow her to do so knowing too well that in such a carrier she will most certainly end up having to perform love scenes! If you put this question to a husband from a pork consuming nation, I think his answer will be ‘in the name of art yes I’d allow her’.

Knowing that a pig male is one of those few animals that never fight over the females, is there a link here! I really don’t know

Kim67 May 27th 2014 11:19 pm

Cadbury in Australia has clearly marked Halal products, maybe they should start exporting to Malaysia.

https://www.cadbury.com.au/products/halal-products.aspx

Mr Weeze May 27th 2014 11:21 pm

BOOM! Post of the year sewn up there.

Boomhauer May 28th 2014 12:56 am

Originally Posted by redShark (Post 11278210)
Talking of pork consumption, let me make it clear first of all that what I am going to say here are not established facts that I am willing to enter a debate on, but rather they are some kind of thoughts I have been entertaining and trying to study further.

When I look at the food habits of nations around the world I somehow seem to detect some difference between those nations that consume pigs meat and the others that don’t in that those pork consuming nations seem to have a relaxed attitude towards human sexual behaviours. I am not talking about individual cases here, but I am rather on about the general behavioural trend in societies observed over their long history. Nations that don’t consume pork, namely the Muslim world and also the Indians who traditionally have been either vegetarians or too poor to afford meat, tend to be very strict about sexual behaviours. Let me just give you two examples of such attitudes:

-Consider the two neighbouring Asian countries of Thailand and Malaysia. Two nations united by their genes, yet divided by religion and hence by the food they eat. Which one of them is the magnet for the sex tourists?

-Imagine a prety wife one day discovers that she actually has got an acting talent and that she is adamant in pursuing a carrier in acting. The question is, would her husband allow her to do so knowing too well that in such a carrier she will most certainly end up having to perform love scenes! If you put this question to a husband from a pork consuming nation, I think his answer will be ‘in the name of art yes I’d allow her’.

Knowing that a pig male is one of those few animals that never fight over the females, is there a link here! I really don’t know

Fighting over females is very much an animalist jungle mentality; so you are admitting that Muslim societies' psyche is that of the savannah, and not that of humans.

weasel decentral May 28th 2014 4:56 am

I know you are that bloke always on the wind up but that is one of the best posts I have read on here in ages. :thumbup:

Millhouse May 28th 2014 5:14 am

sex and bacon sandwiches - what's not to like?

Millhouse May 28th 2014 5:15 am

Originally Posted by weasel decentral (Post 11278546)
I know you are that bloke always on the wind up but that is one of the best posts I have read on here in ages. :thumbup:

Indeed. He should ghost author a book for you.

weasel decentral May 28th 2014 5:20 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 11278563)
Indeed. He should ghost author a book for you.

I think he would be too unbelievable even for fiction. However we may be able to tap the 'enraging the population' market that the Mail is operating in.

the_red_sheep May 28th 2014 5:40 am

I would firstly like to refer you to this thread - http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=834872

And secondly ask if you also believe there is a link between the countries who don't eat pork and stone people to death, versus those who do eat pork but manage not to barbarically murder people in the name of justice?

Millhouse May 28th 2014 5:41 am

What I like is the obvious overlook of Indonesia - the world's largest population of Muslims with lots of child prostitutes. Or the GCC states, where prostitution is rife and part of the fabric of society. Of course, if you marry them for the weekend it doesn't count :D

my conclusion: I think a bacon sandwich now and then helps keep a lid on it.

shiva May 28th 2014 5:53 am

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-f9TXxuo5ox...52364733_n.jpg

britexpat76 May 28th 2014 8:12 am

[IMG]http://i57.tinypic.com/vpd9q1.jpg[/IMG]

Yoohoo May 28th 2014 9:58 am

So how do you explain the fact that the relaxed attitudes of which you speak only really came to be late last century - oddly enough around the time cheap and effective birth control became available?

I've seen plenty of Egyptian and Turkish actresses kissing blokes who, presumably, are not their husbands. I would also have to assume that statistically there is a very good chance these actresses are Muslim and probably don't eat pork.

Finally, I happen to know a few Jews back home who have this 'relaxed attitude' but won't touch pork. Neither will many Israelis - yet they too appear to be pretty relaxed about sex if one believes the stories coming out of the kibbutz'.

Once again you've demonstrated how your logic has stopped right where your prejudice starts.

Bahtatboy May 28th 2014 10:32 am

Alternatively, of course, you could look at which region generates the greatest number of sex tourists (and booze tourists).

britexpat76 May 28th 2014 11:29 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 11278561)
sex and bacon sandwiches - what's not to like?

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/h...-2013030761993

:)

Inselaffen May 28th 2014 11:46 am

you've obviously never visited KL and the delights of establishments such as the Beach Club. Understand they are at their busiest when large numbers of Middle Eastern Arabs decamp to KL to avoid the summer heat.

Bahtatboy May 28th 2014 11:48 am

Originally Posted by Inselaffen (Post 11278850)
you've obviously never visited KL and the delights of establishments such as the Beach Club. Understand they are at their busiest when large numbers of Middle Eastern Arabs decamp to KL to avoid the summer heat.

The 3rd best bit about it being that its nowhere near the beach :D

Inselaffen May 28th 2014 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 11278851)
The 3rd best bit about it being that its nowhere near the beach :D

sign writer probably got the spelling wrong after getting verbal instructions from the Kiwi owner ;)

shiva May 28th 2014 12:12 pm

hhmmm

"Saudi policeman caught resting shoe on Kaaba, sparks media outrage"

here

http://vid.alarabiya.net/images/2014...x9_600x338.jpg

Boomhauer May 28th 2014 3:02 pm

^^^

Muslim adulation of the Kaba is akin to idolatary.

Bahtatboy May 28th 2014 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by Inselaffen (Post 11278863)
sign writer probably got the spelling wrong after getting verbal instructions from the Kiwi owner ;)

:rofl::rofl:

Kim67 May 29th 2014 1:16 am

...and another crazy story about rules for Muslim women in public.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment...-1226930135041

Bahtatboy May 29th 2014 12:06 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...ute-taste.html

Charismatic May 31st 2014 10:48 am

Sadly I can confirm that a bacon sandwich is not an afrodisiac and will not assist in getting you laid. Apparently a trip to Tesco to buy a stale bacon sandwich to sit in the car park and eat doesn't count as "going out for a propped dinner" or something like that :(.

Anyone who has ever tried to get a leg over in a strictly Catholic country that an also verify that the consumption of pig has not had the desired effect.

Bahtatboy May 31st 2014 11:18 am

Originally Posted by Charismatic (Post 11283192)
Sadly I can confirm that a bacon sandwich is not an afrodisiac and will not assist in getting you laid. Apparently a trip to Tesco to buy a stale bacon sandwich to sit in the car park and eat doesn't count as "going out for a propped dinner" or something like that :(.

Anyone who has ever tried to get a leg over in a strictly Catholic country that an also verify that the consumption of pig has not had the desired effect.

But what if I'm not restricting myself to trying to turn on women with big permed hair?

Alexa May 31st 2014 12:00 pm

:goodpost:

nonthaburi May 31st 2014 12:02 pm

Having spent a third of my life in Thailand, being married to a Thai, having two Thai kids, having traveled extensively through the region I do feel qualified to comment on this.

The sex industry in Thailand geared to foreigners, by most estimates makes up less than 5% of the industry as a whole in Thailand. It is just that as Westerners going to Thailand tend to only see tourist areas with western orientated prostitution they think it is much higher.

The vast majority of prostitution in Thailand is from Thai men. Believe it or not, Thailand is actually quite a conservative country. The amount of women who go into prostitution is invariably due to poverty and a lack of opportunity.
All statistics show that the better the economic opportunity the less women go into prostitution. Malaysia is a more developed country than Thailand so any differences should be based on wealth, not religion.

Red Shark might also like to know that although Thailand is predominately Buddhist(95%), it is 5% Muslim. The vast majority of these Muslims live in the troubled Muslim majority Southern provinces of Yala, Pattani, and Narattiwhat.

If he cared to go to Sungai Kolok on the border at the weekend he could observe with his own eyes the hordes of Malaysian Muslim men going to avail themselves with the services of Thai prostitutes. So a magnet for Muslim sex tourists too it would seem. Then there is the Arab area on Sukhimvit Soi 3-5 in Bangkok which just so happens to be a 2 minute walk to one of the most famous red light districts in the whole of the city. What a funny coincidence that is!

The idea that Muslims have some kind of stricter sexual and moral code obviously doesn't seem to apply here does it.

It's a nice idea, but in the real world it's not actually true is it!

Bahtatboy May 31st 2014 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by nonthaburi (Post 11283248)

And in one sentence you sum up RedMinnow's problem...

redShark May 31st 2014 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by nonthaburi (Post 11283248)
Having spent a third of my life in Thailand, being married to a Thai, having two Thai kids, having traveled extensively through the region I do feel qualified to comment on this.

The sex industry in Thailand geared to foreigners, by most estimates makes up less than 5% of the industry as a whole in Thailand. It is just that as Westerners going to Thailand tend to only see tourist areas with western orientated prostitution they think it is much higher.

The vast majority of prostitution in Thailand is from Thai men. Believe it or not, Thailand is actually quite a conservative country. The amount of women who go into prostitution is invariably due to poverty and a lack of opportunity.
All statistics show that the better the economic opportunity the less women go into prostitution. Malaysia is a more developed country than Thailand so any differences should be based on wealth, not religion.

Red Shark might also like to know that although Thailand is predominately Buddhist(95%), it is 5% Muslim. The vast majority of these Muslims live in the troubled Muslim majority Southern provinces of Yala, Pattani, and Narattiwhat.

If he cared to go to Sungai Kolok on the border at the weekend he could observe with his own eyes the hordes of Malaysian Muslim men going to avail themselves with the services of Thai prostitutes. So a magnet for Muslim sex tourists too it would seem. Then there is the Arab area on Sukhimvit Soi 3-5 in Bangkok which just so happens to be a 2 minute walk to one of the most famous red light districts in the whole of the city. What a funny coincidence that is!

The idea that Muslims have some kind of stricter sexual and moral code obviously doesn't seem to apply here does it.

Although I agree with you that poverty is the main reason why people undermine their values and behave in certain ways, I still feel there is a difference between nations as to how they view such problems.

Let me give you an example of a situation similar to that of Thailand which will even further highlights my point about nations attitude towards sexual behaviours. During the crippling sanction on Iraq a few decades ago many families were driven into sever poverty forcing a lot of young women into traveling abroad to the neighbouring country of Jordan for the mere purpose of prostitution in order to support their families back home. As soon as that phenomenon became known and public the people of that country became very outraged and forced the authority to put a ban on all single women traveling abroad without the company of a next of kin male. The same situation also happened in Morocco when poverty drove some women to travel abroad for such reasons, it didn’t take long before a ban was introduced to stop single women from traveling abroad without providing sufficient proofs as to the purpose of their journey. There certainly is a difference in attitude between nations as regards sexual behaviors which I suspect is due to the food they eat. By the way, sexual behavior is not just about the act of sex, it includes many other acts, the way people dress up, for example is also an act of sexual behavior, that is why some dresses are labelled as sexy and others are not sexy.

There seems to exist an innate within the human beings that regulates their sense of morality, very much similar to the sense of cleanliness within the human beings. look at a newly born baby and see why does he cry when he shit himself and will not settle down until his nappies is changed! Probably this instinct is important to prevent dieses for the survival of the human race. Equally well, is there such a thing as a sense of morality important for the survival of the human race that gets affected by the food we eat? I wonder!

Boomhauer May 31st 2014 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by redShark (Post 11283749)
Although I agree with you that poverty is the main reason why people undermine their values and behave in certain ways, I still feel there is a difference between nations as to how they view such problems.

Let me give you an example of a situation similar to that of Thailand which will even further highlights my point about nations attitude towards sexual behaviours. During the crippling sanction on Iraq a few decades ago many families were driven into sever poverty forcing a lot of young women into traveling abroad to the neighbouring country of Jordan for the mere purpose of prostitution in order to support their families back home. As soon as that phenomenon became known and public the people of that country became very outraged and forced the authority to put a ban on all single women traveling abroad without the company of a next of kin male. The same situation also happened in Morocco when poverty drove some women to travel abroad for such reasons, it didn’t take long before a ban was introduced to stop single women from traveling abroad without providing sufficient proofs as to the purpose of their journey. There certainly is a difference in attitude between nations as regards sexual behaviors which I suspect is due to the food they eat. By the way, sexual behavior is not just about the act of sex, it includes many other acts, the way people dress up, for example is also an act of sexual behavior, that is why some dresses are labelled as sexy and others are not sexy.

There seems to exist an innate within the human beings that regulates their sense of morality, very much similar to the sense of cleanliness within the human beings. look at a newly born baby and see why does he cry when he shit himself and will not settle down until his nappies is changed! Probably this instinct is important to prevent dieses for the survival of the human race. Equally well, is there such a thing as a sense of morality important for the survival of the human race that gets affected by the food we eat? I wonder!

So if it is just food then how come the poor Iraqi and Moroccan women travelled aborad for prostitution, because they certainly didn't start eating Pork just because they became poor.

More recently Wealthy Gulf Arabs are travelling to Jordan to marry and or have sex with poor Syrian women refugees. Neither one eats pork so how do you explain their sexual behavior. How do you explain the rampant prostitution that Gulf Arabs engage in in places like Dubai and Bahrain, when these Arabs are not pork eaters.

If Pork was the primary or deciding factor then neither Gulf Arab males nor poor women from Muslim nations should be engaging in prostitution.

On a realted note; I have heard Indians claim that consuming red met like beef makes one violent. So are you going to accept that should Arab give up meat eating , they will become tolerant and less violent?