Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Malay Muslim groups to wage 'jihad' against Cadbury.

Malay Muslim groups to wage 'jihad' against Cadbury.

Old May 28th 2014, 4:40 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Malay Muslim groups to wage 'jihad' against Cadbury.

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
sign writer probably got the spelling wrong after getting verbal instructions from the Kiwi owner
Old May 29th 2014, 1:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

...and another crazy story about rules for Muslim women in public.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment...-1226930135041
Old May 29th 2014, 12:06 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by redShark
Talking of pork consumption, let me make it clear first of all that what I am going to say here are not established facts that I am willing to enter a debate on, but rather they are some kind of thoughts I have been entertaining and trying to study further.

When I look at the food habits of nations around the world I somehow seem to detect some difference between those nations that consume pigs meat and the others that don’t in that those pork consuming nations seem to have a relaxed attitude towards human sexual behaviours. I am not talking about individual cases here, but I am rather on about the general behavioural trend in societies observed over their long history. Nations that don’t consume pork, namely the Muslim world and also the Indians who traditionally have been either vegetarians or too poor to afford meat, tend to be very strict about sexual behaviours. Let me just give you two examples of such attitudes:

-Consider the two neighbouring Asian countries of Thailand and Malaysia. Two nations united by their genes, yet divided by religion and hence by the food they eat. Which one of them is the magnet for the sex tourists?

-Imagine a prety wife one day discovers that she actually has got an acting talent and that she is adamant in pursuing a carrier in acting. The question is, would her husband allow her to do so knowing too well that in such a carrier she will most certainly end up having to perform love scenes! If you put this question to a husband from a pork consuming nation, I think his answer will be ‘in the name of art yes I’d allow her’.

Knowing that a pig male is one of those few animals that never fight over the females, is there a link here! I really don’t know
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...ute-taste.html
Old May 31st 2014, 10:48 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Malay Muslim groups to wage 'jihad' against Cadbury.

Sadly I can confirm that a bacon sandwich is not an afrodisiac and will not assist in getting you laid. Apparently a trip to Tesco to buy a stale bacon sandwich to sit in the car park and eat doesn't count as "going out for a propped dinner" or something like that .

Anyone who has ever tried to get a leg over in a strictly Catholic country that an also verify that the consumption of pig has not had the desired effect.
Old May 31st 2014, 11:18 am
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by Charismatic
Sadly I can confirm that a bacon sandwich is not an afrodisiac and will not assist in getting you laid. Apparently a trip to Tesco to buy a stale bacon sandwich to sit in the car park and eat doesn't count as "going out for a propped dinner" or something like that .

Anyone who has ever tried to get a leg over in a strictly Catholic country that an also verify that the consumption of pig has not had the desired effect.
But what if I'm not restricting myself to trying to turn on women with big permed hair?
Old May 31st 2014, 12:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Old May 31st 2014, 12:02 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Talking of pork consumption, let me make it clear first of all that what I am going to say here are not established facts that I am willing to enter a debate on, but rather they are some kind of thoughts I have been entertaining and trying to study further.

When I look at the food habits of nations around the world I somehow seem to detect some difference between those nations that consume pigs meat and the others that don’t in that those pork consuming nations seem to have a relaxed attitude towards human sexual behaviours. I am not talking about individual cases here, but I am rather on about the general behavioural trend in societies observed over their long history. Nations that don’t consume pork, namely the Muslim world and also the Indians who traditionally have been either vegetarians or too poor to afford meat, tend to be very strict about sexual behaviours. Let me just give you two examples of such attitudes:

-Consider the two neighbouring Asian countries of Thailand and Malaysia. Two nations united by their genes, yet divided by religion and hence by the food they eat. Which one of them is the magnet for the sex tourists?

-Imagine a prety wife one day discovers that she actually has got an acting talent and that she is adamant in pursuing a carrier in acting. The question is, would her husband allow her to do so knowing too well that in such a carrier she will most certainly end up having to perform love scenes! If you put this question to a husband from a pork consuming nation, I think his answer will be ‘in the name of art yes I’d allow her’.

Knowing that a pig male is one of those few animals that never fight over the females, is there a link here! I really don’t know
Having spent a third of my life in Thailand, being married to a Thai, having two Thai kids, having traveled extensively through the region I do feel qualified to comment on this.

The sex industry in Thailand geared to foreigners, by most estimates makes up less than 5% of the industry as a whole in Thailand. It is just that as Westerners going to Thailand tend to only see tourist areas with western orientated prostitution they think it is much higher.

The vast majority of prostitution in Thailand is from Thai men. Believe it or not, Thailand is actually quite a conservative country. The amount of women who go into prostitution is invariably due to poverty and a lack of opportunity.
All statistics show that the better the economic opportunity the less women go into prostitution. Malaysia is a more developed country than Thailand so any differences should be based on wealth, not religion.

Red Shark might also like to know that although Thailand is predominately Buddhist(95%), it is 5% Muslim. The vast majority of these Muslims live in the troubled Muslim majority Southern provinces of Yala, Pattani, and Narattiwhat.

If he cared to go to Sungai Kolok on the border at the weekend he could observe with his own eyes the hordes of Malaysian Muslim men going to avail themselves with the services of Thai prostitutes. So a magnet for Muslim sex tourists too it would seem. Then there is the Arab area on Sukhimvit Soi 3-5 in Bangkok which just so happens to be a 2 minute walk to one of the most famous red light districts in the whole of the city. What a funny coincidence that is!

The idea that Muslims have some kind of stricter sexual and moral code obviously doesn't seem to apply here does it.

It's a nice idea, but in the real world it's not actually true is it!
Old May 31st 2014, 1:24 pm
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by nonthaburi

And in one sentence you sum up RedMinnow's problem...
Old May 31st 2014, 11:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

redShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to all

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
Having spent a third of my life in Thailand, being married to a Thai, having two Thai kids, having traveled extensively through the region I do feel qualified to comment on this.

The sex industry in Thailand geared to foreigners, by most estimates makes up less than 5% of the industry as a whole in Thailand. It is just that as Westerners going to Thailand tend to only see tourist areas with western orientated prostitution they think it is much higher.

The vast majority of prostitution in Thailand is from Thai men. Believe it or not, Thailand is actually quite a conservative country. The amount of women who go into prostitution is invariably due to poverty and a lack of opportunity.
All statistics show that the better the economic opportunity the less women go into prostitution. Malaysia is a more developed country than Thailand so any differences should be based on wealth, not religion.

Red Shark might also like to know that although Thailand is predominately Buddhist(95%), it is 5% Muslim. The vast majority of these Muslims live in the troubled Muslim majority Southern provinces of Yala, Pattani, and Narattiwhat.

If he cared to go to Sungai Kolok on the border at the weekend he could observe with his own eyes the hordes of Malaysian Muslim men going to avail themselves with the services of Thai prostitutes. So a magnet for Muslim sex tourists too it would seem. Then there is the Arab area on Sukhimvit Soi 3-5 in Bangkok which just so happens to be a 2 minute walk to one of the most famous red light districts in the whole of the city. What a funny coincidence that is!

The idea that Muslims have some kind of stricter sexual and moral code obviously doesn't seem to apply here does it.

Although I agree with you that poverty is the main reason why people undermine their values and behave in certain ways, I still feel there is a difference between nations as to how they view such problems.

Let me give you an example of a situation similar to that of Thailand which will even further highlights my point about nations attitude towards sexual behaviours. During the crippling sanction on Iraq a few decades ago many families were driven into sever poverty forcing a lot of young women into traveling abroad to the neighbouring country of Jordan for the mere purpose of prostitution in order to support their families back home. As soon as that phenomenon became known and public the people of that country became very outraged and forced the authority to put a ban on all single women traveling abroad without the company of a next of kin male. The same situation also happened in Morocco when poverty drove some women to travel abroad for such reasons, it didn’t take long before a ban was introduced to stop single women from traveling abroad without providing sufficient proofs as to the purpose of their journey. There certainly is a difference in attitude between nations as regards sexual behaviors which I suspect is due to the food they eat. By the way, sexual behavior is not just about the act of sex, it includes many other acts, the way people dress up, for example is also an act of sexual behavior, that is why some dresses are labelled as sexy and others are not sexy.

There seems to exist an innate within the human beings that regulates their sense of morality, very much similar to the sense of cleanliness within the human beings. look at a newly born baby and see why does he cry when he shit himself and will not settle down until his nappies is changed! Probably this instinct is important to prevent dieses for the survival of the human race. Equally well, is there such a thing as a sense of morality important for the survival of the human race that gets affected by the food we eat? I wonder!
Old May 31st 2014, 11:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Although I agree with you that poverty is the main reason why people undermine their values and behave in certain ways, I still feel there is a difference between nations as to how they view such problems.

Let me give you an example of a situation similar to that of Thailand which will even further highlights my point about nations attitude towards sexual behaviours. During the crippling sanction on Iraq a few decades ago many families were driven into sever poverty forcing a lot of young women into traveling abroad to the neighbouring country of Jordan for the mere purpose of prostitution in order to support their families back home. As soon as that phenomenon became known and public the people of that country became very outraged and forced the authority to put a ban on all single women traveling abroad without the company of a next of kin male. The same situation also happened in Morocco when poverty drove some women to travel abroad for such reasons, it didn’t take long before a ban was introduced to stop single women from traveling abroad without providing sufficient proofs as to the purpose of their journey. There certainly is a difference in attitude between nations as regards sexual behaviors which I suspect is due to the food they eat. By the way, sexual behavior is not just about the act of sex, it includes many other acts, the way people dress up, for example is also an act of sexual behavior, that is why some dresses are labelled as sexy and others are not sexy.

There seems to exist an innate within the human beings that regulates their sense of morality, very much similar to the sense of cleanliness within the human beings. look at a newly born baby and see why does he cry when he shit himself and will not settle down until his nappies is changed! Probably this instinct is important to prevent dieses for the survival of the human race. Equally well, is there such a thing as a sense of morality important for the survival of the human race that gets affected by the food we eat? I wonder!
So if it is just food then how come the poor Iraqi and Moroccan women travelled aborad for prostitution, because they certainly didn't start eating Pork just because they became poor.

More recently Wealthy Gulf Arabs are travelling to Jordan to marry and or have sex with poor Syrian women refugees. Neither one eats pork so how do you explain their sexual behavior. How do you explain the rampant prostitution that Gulf Arabs engage in in places like Dubai and Bahrain, when these Arabs are not pork eaters.

If Pork was the primary or deciding factor then neither Gulf Arab males nor poor women from Muslim nations should be engaging in prostitution.

On a realted note; I have heard Indians claim that consuming red met like beef makes one violent. So are you going to accept that should Arab give up meat eating , they will become tolerant and less violent?
Old Jun 1st 2014, 5:38 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

i was going to put a reasonably lengthy retort here informing you of your clearly deranged and deeply flawed thinking but rather than waste my time I'll just ask that you **** off, stop posting and more importantly stop stealing oxygen from the rest of the world.
Old Jun 1st 2014, 5:45 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Let me give you an example of a situation similar to that of Thailand which will even further highlights my point about nations attitude towards sexual behaviours. During the crippling sanction on Iraq a few decades ago many families were driven into sever poverty forcing a lot of young women into traveling abroad to the neighbouring country of Jordan for the mere purpose of prostitution in order to support their families back home. As soon as that phenomenon became known and public the people of that country became very outraged and forced the authority to put a ban on all single women traveling abroad without the company of a next of kin male. The same situation also happened in Morocco when poverty drove some women to travel abroad for such reasons, it didn’t take long before a ban was introduced to stop single women from traveling abroad without providing sufficient proofs as to the purpose of their journey.

So another example of men controlling women?? These women have turned to prostitution through necessity, a necessity to feed their families and the men ban it. Shame the women cannot ban their husbands from going to Prostitutes as easily, but that would mean a third of the bars in Dubai closing........

Fishy, you have had some weak, pointless and just plain irritating arguments but this one tops the lot. Trying to characterise someone by what they eat is as stupid an idea I have ever heard.............Unless its a male vegetarian, now they are barking mad.
Old Jun 1st 2014, 6:03 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

But it's not similar is it? Because you're comparing domestic prostitution which is far harder to control, and international prostitution whereby a government is able to control the movement of its citizens far more easily.
Old Jun 1st 2014, 9:37 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
i was going to put a reasonably lengthy retort here informing you of your clearly deranged and deeply flawed thinking but rather than waste my time I'll just ask that you **** off, stop posting and more importantly stop stealing oxygen from the rest of the world.
Old Jun 1st 2014, 10:31 am
BE Enthusiast

redShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to all

Originally Posted by shiva
I have looked at your previous posts and you know what, 95% of them contained swear words. Man, you obviously have a problem expressing yourself in an intelligent and civilized way (the irony is that you keep complaining about the Arab manners). I shudder to think what back ground you came from, or what abuse you might have had. You do deserve a sympathy more than anger from me, in fact, I more feel sorry for the people around you who have to put up with hearing this kind of language day in and day out. If I was a social worker I would raise a concern about the psychological plight of the children in your household who are subjected to listening to these kind of words every day. Have you given it a thought what kind of education you are giving to your children with this kind of behaviours? Don’t you think that what you are teaching them is that swearing is the right way to express an idea. But I have some good news for you, I actually have a cure for you. Try to watch more the BBC channel ‘BBC Parliament’ and see how people can debate and have firey discussions without the need to use one single swear word. If you spend a few hours each day on this channel you will be cured and we will have a cleaner forum here!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.