Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Making yourself look stupid...........

Making yourself look stupid...........

Old Aug 2nd 2012, 6:41 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Making yourself look stupid...........

Originally Posted by mentalist
You wear socks and shoes when around the house or out shopping? Typically British, old chap.
Around the house I am usually barefoot or wearing flip flops. Never wear shoes in the house unless we have guests.

That's when I am not being carried in a litter by weeping widows...

N.
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 6:47 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
That's a hard one to recover from. You'd be best to crash it and kill everyone on board that let word of that escape.

That's even worse than wearing white socks and brown sandals...only just though.

N.
Nothing is worse than socks and sandals, however a handkerchief tied in four corners on your head might run it close.
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 6:58 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Just to add my tale of vehicular stupidity..

I had a diesel swb pajero and one day driving along I noticed that when I was going uphill or hitting some bumps in the road an orange warning light was coming on on the dashboard.
I hadn't seen it before but it looked like an oil light, I was thinking transmission oil as I had checked the engine oil etc. and I was sure it was coming on when the transmission was working hard.
I drove to the garage gingerly thinking the gearbox was about to explode at any time , only for the mechanic to take one look at the light then top up the window washer fluid...
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 7:05 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by auzdafluff
It's a hire car. And shockingly, it's the best I've driven over here longterm. The cars I've driven here are shocking. A Sunny, Yaris, Lancer, and now the 207. Out of all of them, the 207 is miles ahead.

The only car I've hired here that was better than the 207 was the Pajero. But that was only for a day.
I sometimes miss my hired Lancer.

Bump walls to stop in spaces, rag it using the three auto gears like a manual, never clean it, chuck it around all over the place. Was awesome.
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 7:17 am
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
I sometimes miss my hired Lancer.

Bump walls to stop in spaces, rag it using the three auto gears like a manual, never clean it, chuck it around all over the place. Was awesome.
What did you end up buying in the end again?
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 7:35 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by auzdafluff
What did you end up buying in the end again?
Ford Explorer.

Cheaper than my hired Lancer.
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 10:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Morecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to behold

When I hadn't been living here very long, I rang my husband from the MOE car park to tell him that my car was leaking petrol or oil and could he come and get me/sort it out. I was panicking with 2 kids stood away from the car, looking out for people throwing lit cigarettes, convinced it was going up in smoke in no time.

I decided to inspect again, and then realised it was water on the floor not oil or petrol. Rang husband back who called me few names as it was caused by the a/c.

Another time, I had parked at Safa Park and returned to my car, struggled for an age to get my keys in the door for some time, before realising it wasn't my car. Tried to walk off in a cool manner, but unfortunately had an audience, and died a death as I walked along about 3 cars and got into my car. In fairness, it was a black car and it was dark!
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 10:29 am