British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Making friends in Dubai (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/making-friends-dubai-791442/)

jam25mack Mar 24th 2013 7:21 am

Re: Making friends in Dubai

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10620600)
Oh good god, but they are absolutely peak of the patronising fit-bunch *****.

Got friends who go and enjoy it, that's it.

Got other friends who go and dear ****ing jesus the lord our saviour and all things holy do they never EVER EVER shut the **** up about Circuit Wankers.

Even the ****ing morons that run it are commenting on the facebook posts that people write on the facebook page for the place.

Do your exercise and shut the **** up, just ****ing dare try and talk to me about it. I'll repeat what happened last weekend...."yeah so I go to this place called Circuit Dickheads, it's full of really cool people and we're all really fit and I'm instantly better than you Scamp"..."oh right? *yawns in their face* give a shit, you're a boring **** *walks off*" - Got a bollocking from the mrs but was well worth it.

Saff - do it, but don't ****ing talk about it.

Ha ha ha, awesome! :rofl:

There are loads of women there tho. And fit ones too!

I know what you mean about the 'fanatics', I have done the monthly challenge twice and you do stand there listening to some of the folk thinking WTF!

Saudiflares.

BMI is a very misleading scale as it doesn't take different body shapes into account.

Poshy Mar 24th 2013 7:44 am

I prefer male company, I don't have any friends here to speak of really and don't mind, am happy in my own skin most of the time.

I'm foul mouthed, outspoken and downright rude...most of the time.
The Girlfriends I have at home are very much the same but on the same hand are extremely loyal and truthful like me !!! , I prefer that any day to back stabbers.

I have nothing to lose you see and my Husband dosn't really care what I say or do, he just groans and gives me 'that look' :blink: .... and my parents are dead so it's highly unlikely I will ever have to answer to anyone other than myself.

I have a one way ticket to hell for all the wrongs I have done and will have plenty of company down there so who cares anyway :cool:

Beer anyone ???? :thumbsup:

I won't actually turn up but it's interesting to see who is not afraid of me....:eek:

Kix Mar 24th 2013 7:47 am

Originally Posted by Poshy (Post 10620678)
I prefer male company, I don't have any friends here to speak of really and don't mind, am happy in my own skin most of the time.

I'm foul mouthed, outspoken and downright rude...most of the time.
The Girlfriends I have at home are very much the same but on the same hand are extremely loyal and truthful like me !!! , I prefer that any day to back stabbers.

You see my Husband dosn't really care what I say or do, he just groans and gives me 'that look' :blink: .... and my parents are dead so it's highly unlikely I will ever have to answer to anyone other than myself.

I have a one way ticket to hell anyway for all the wrongs I have done and will have plenty of company down there so who cares anyway :cool:

Beer anyone ???? :thumbsup:

I won't actually turn up but it's interesting to see who is not afraid of me....:eek:

Who is afraid of you?

Are you serious woman?

What a supercilious attitude you have.

Or maybe you're just so boring nobody would want to have a beer with you.

MataHari Mar 24th 2013 7:49 am

Originally Posted by Kix (Post 10620681)
Who is afraid of you?

Are you serious woman?

for once...spot on

Poshy Mar 24th 2013 8:17 am

haha !! :eek:

Poshy Mar 24th 2013 8:17 am

Originally Posted by Kix (Post 10620681)
Who is afraid of you?

Are you serious woman?

Absolutely not ! :D

aww don't get your knickers in a twist..I added the last bit as an after thought as I sounded scary in the post lol

Had to Google supercilious by the way

Meow Mar 24th 2013 1:10 pm

Who are these people who still go to the Circuit factory after all that dreadfully offensive advertising last year? They are the ones who thought it was just fine to incorporate Auschwitz in their advertising. They used it as a joke - because genocide is just so funny... :frown:

Saff. What sort of things do you like to do? There are loads of good people in Dubai, but it can take time to unearth the like-minded ones. Attending a BE evening is no bad idea. They may be a bit odd, but no-one I've met from here has been a total freak. ;)

Poshy - why are you "downright rude"? Might that be a reason why you have few friends here? :confused: That's not the impression I have of you.

jam25mack Mar 24th 2013 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10621053)
Who are these people who still go to the Circuit factory after all that dreadfully offensive advertising last year? They are the ones who thought it was just fine to incorporate Auschwitz in their advertising. They used it as a joke - because genocide is just so funny... :frown:
u.

It's busier than ever as far as I know. Mainly as they get really good results. You go, you follow the challenge and you'll lose weight. It does what it says on the tin. End of.

As for the advertising, agreed that it was in bad taste but they did admit they had got it wrong and issued a public apology. Not much else they can do to make up for it.

And if fitness aint your thing, how about crafty stuff? Is there not loads of that going on?

commander Mar 25th 2013 2:47 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10620647)
Hahahaha, I'm not too bad at the moment pal. The mrs prompted a healthier diet as she's wanting to be healthier and lose only a couple of pounds, figured it can't hurt and it supports her so I'm happy.

I'm waiting for Commander to log on and abuse me.

No need for any abuse from me. The penny will drop sooner or later. You know I ran a 5K fun run last Friday. 18mins work, won the race and got 8000AED cash, hotel stays, meal vouchers...

That is motivation enough for me ;-)

Stay fat...the less competition the better

scrubbedexpat141 Mar 25th 2013 3:20 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 10621974)
No need for any abuse from me. The penny will drop sooner or later. You know I ran a 5K fun run last Friday. 18mins work, won the race and got 8000AED cash, hotel stays, meal vouchers...

I'd beat you if I wanted to.

If I didn't, I'd book the same hotel, the room above, and make your stay miserable.

The Dean Mar 25th 2013 3:30 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 10621974)

With prize money? How is that a 'fun run'?

Poshy Mar 25th 2013 5:05 am

Poshy - why are you "downright rude"? Might that be a reason why you have few friends here? That's not the impression I have of you.

Was having a bad day sweetheart, one of those where you feel all bitter and twisted !!

Think I have few friends because I just don't make the effort, just constantly tired and just can't be bothered stepping from the daily routine, my kids drain me !! :(

commander Mar 25th 2013 7:27 am

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 10622008)
With prize money? How is that a 'fun run'?

yup, only in the UAE:D

commander Mar 25th 2013 7:28 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10621998)
I'd beat you if I wanted to.

:thumbsup: sounds like a challenge.

scrubbedexpat141 Mar 25th 2013 7:30 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 10622140)
:thumbsup: sounds like a challenge.

I don't want to though.

I was made for sport, not running. Running was for the skinny kids that were crap at rugby.