British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Makes me so proud to be British (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/makes-me-so-proud-british-622906/)

Razzy Aug 2nd 2009 3:29 pm

Re: Makes me so proud to be British

Originally Posted by lanarkwitch (Post 7800362)
Do you really beleive that? I think it's when we stop getting upset about this crap we're really on a hiding to nothing. The situation surrounding this lady is far from unique and clearly highlights some serious social and economic issues, and whilst it's easy and entertaining to take the moral high ground, i think I actually find it quite disturbing on a moral level :thumbdown:

Yes I agree, slagging off benefit dependant people is so easy. This person clearly has learning difficulties and is very vulnerable. The system doesnt support enough and allows this lady to make her own "lifestyle choices". Having the desire to keep a child and repeatedly getting pregnant and giving birth should not be allowed to happen. The social support system falls far short of what it should be doing which is protecting this woman. Just sitting back and allowing her to choose how to live is a lazy option in my view. I dont think its right to enforce sterilization etc either. I think much more time and effort should go into helping her to make safe choices of how to live with what is clearly a major disability.

Eva Aug 2nd 2009 9:10 pm

Hello Dubai to Dibba Daily or may I call you Jean Paul Beaubier?;)........

Had you been around the forum longer, you would know already that I am a self - confessed anorak wearing pedant and an appalling speller.I make no apology for that.
I like correct spelling- oh btw one f, two s's in professional.
Tis one of my idiosyncracies, when I see a clearly mispelled word, it makes me tetchy- can't help it.We all have our little foibles,seems KittyC's might be babymakers and yours 30 pluses!.Your suggestion that commenting on spelling is to 'degrade' youngsters is a bit strange I have to admit and I certainly wasn't laughing at anyone else-I do not think so much of myself to do that
All this said however, please give some thought to Mata's comments on irony...seems you are the only one missing it.

Dubai to Dibba Daily Aug 3rd 2009 6:17 am

Originally Posted by Eva (Post 7806666)
Hello Dubai to Dibba Daily or may I call you Jean Paul Beaubier?;)........

Had you been around the forum longer, you would know already that I am a self - confessed anorak wearing pedant and an appalling speller.I make no apology for that.
I like correct spelling- oh btw one f, two s's in professional.
Tis one of my idiosyncracies, when I see a clearly mispelled word, it makes me tetchy- can't help it.We all have our little foibles,seems KittyC's might be babymakers and yours 30 pluses!.Your suggestion that commenting on spelling is to 'degrade' youngsters is a bit strange I have to admit and I certainly wasn't laughing at anyone else-I do not think so much of myself to do that
All this said however, please give some thought to Mata's comments on irony...seems you are the only one missing it.

Thanks for your comments.

What I was actually trying to get accross was an observation and not a rant as was clearly written (possibly incorrectly spelt) in my initial post. I was not really commenting on anyone elses post (Eva's) again as I say it was an observation and that was an example. If you read my first comment over again I hope you will sense this.

I couldn't care less if you do have some obsession with how other people spell, however, I would be more worried if such a insignificant thing made me 'tetchy'. My thinking is maybe you should get out more but then again who am I to give advice. One question though, do you have to check all the sockets are turned off exactly 3 times before you go to bed? Brush you teeth for exactly 3 mins etc......:)

As for 30+'s, if you had read my post you would know that I myself am 30 so I don't think that is the case.

I also wasn't saying that commenting on spelling is soley to degrade youngsters, maybe that was an poor choice of word, however, I hope you get what I am getting at. Young an old alike obviously have poor spellers, however, I expect the younger generation due to their more computer and spell check based upbringing along with a much more varied curriculum (and so not standing up in class and being forced to repeat the spelling of professional several times) to be of a higher percentage. Thats all. As I mentioned earlier, my comment wasn't meant to be an attack or a rant, just an observation I have made after being on several forums over the years. I just see it as a poor attempt at oneupmanship thats all, maybe I am wrong. It is similar to people insisting on not using txt spk as I notd u do btw........;)

Thanks for the 'professional' correction. I am surprised you didn't find any more. Hope your tectchyness is ok today.

As for the irony, I could see it, I just didn't comment on it, and as such I apologise for my post being incomplete. :)

edinburger Aug 3rd 2009 7:00 am

Originally Posted by Autonomy (Post 7799375)
i really despair... not going to start something, but I so disagree with some shit on here recently.

Completely agree Autonomy, just came back from hols and if I didnt know better I would think that this is a neo nazi forum and that some of the quotes on this thread are straight from Mein Kampf. :rofl:

Meow Aug 3rd 2009 7:32 am

Originally Posted by edinburger (Post 7807509)
Completely agree Autonomy, just came back from hols and if I didnt know better I would think that this is a neo nazi forum and that some of the quotes on this thread are straight from Mein Kampf. :rofl:

It does rather feel that way. I'd like to think that education was a better option than eugenics.

-

Dubai to Dibba Daily Aug 3rd 2009 8:12 am

Originally Posted by edinburger (Post 7807509)

As a newbie..................in fact ***** it I cannot be bothered, I'll only get some 5000 + poster...................leave it......walk away.......

MataHari Aug 3rd 2009 8:17 am

Originally Posted by Dubai to Dibba Daily (Post 7807599)
As a newbie..................in fact ***** it I cannot be bothered, I'll only get some 5000 + poster...................leave it......walk away.......

I don't think the number of posts has any significance...it's about what you post...

commander Aug 3rd 2009 8:21 am

I think much more time and effort should go into helping her to make safe choices of how to live with what is clearly a major disability.
sorry, what exactly is her 'major disability' here?

commander Aug 3rd 2009 8:22 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 7807611)
I don't think the number of posts has any significance...it's about what you post...

exactly 25956 of yours have been flirting tosh..

Dubai to Dibba Daily Aug 3rd 2009 8:23 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 7807620)

Her belief that the social / rest of the world is against her! Oh and it is her 'right' to live off everyone else!

commander Aug 3rd 2009 8:24 am

Originally Posted by Dubai to Dibba Daily (Post 7807627)
Her belief that the social / rest of the world is against her! Oh and it is her 'right' to live off everyone else!

her disability to stop getting a loaded dick rammed up her..blame the social services...unbeleivable

MataHari Aug 3rd 2009 8:34 am

think we have completely different views on what flirting is.

BangleMan Aug 3rd 2009 8:44 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 7807622)
exactly 25956 of yours have been flirting tosh..

dont forget any pm's !

BangleMan Aug 3rd 2009 8:50 am

being pig ugly, and having a vagina like a clown's pocket should be disability enough I would have thought !

MataHari Aug 3rd 2009 8:51 am

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 7807701)
being pig ugly, and having a vagina like a clown's pocket should be disability enough I would have thought !

did you pick your favorite yet out of the link I posted...