Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

This Makes Me So Angry.

This Makes Me So Angry.

Old Sep 14th 2009, 2:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: This Makes Me So Angry.

It's mathematically likely that the poor girl was only 11 when he forced himself upon her, probably for the very first time............ and virtually certain that the baby was dead long before it was 'stillborn'.......

Appalling story, in every sense.
Old Sep 14th 2009, 5:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: This Makes Me So Angry.

Originally Posted by MataHari
... in those poor areas where older men marry young girls, at least they (hopefully) provide them with a roof over their head and some sort of security within their community, where as the fat bloke from Wigan just abuses the kids for his own pleasure...which sounds pretty savage to me...
Wow, you've thought this through.
Marriage means different things in those places. A roof over your head and a recognised place in society as someone's wife is the only ambition that some can realistically have.

Both of these goings-on need to be eradicated though, like you say. My gut instinct is that the Daily mail printed this piece not-exactly-cutting-edge-journalism to get the 'savages' response from their near-hysterical readers. They sure as hell didn't print it out of the kindness of their hearts.

BTW, if it was a standard, generally acceptable part of the culture, we wouldn't hear about it on the news. The Yemen is one of the more backward parts of the wporld, but even there things are progressing very quickly.

Last edited by seven seas; Sep 14th 2009 at 5:08 pm.