Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

A magnificent achievement..........

A magnificent achievement..........

Old Apr 5th 2009, 3:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default A magnificent achievement..........

Luton win at Wembley............. broke the record for the number of tickets purchased by the fans of one club at the new Wembley (over 40,000)...... every round was against a team from a higher division, apart from the first round, which was against the top team in their own division...........

You can't buy spirit and pride like that............. what a club.

30 points? Ha! Do your worst...............
Old Apr 6th 2009, 3:44 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A magnificent achievement..........

Originally Posted by The Dean
Luton win at Wembley............. broke the record for the number of tickets purchased by the fans of one club at the new Wembley (over 40,000)...... every round was against a team from a higher division, apart from the first round, which was against the top team in their own division...........

You can't buy spirit and pride like that............. what a club.

30 points? Ha! Do your worst...............
you only broke a record cos the limit of tickets that could be purchased was far higher than it would have been for a FA Cup final or play off final ....

Good to see Nick Owen beaming like a twat as the cup was presented....ow soon the joy will turn to tears in a few weeks....lol
Old Apr 6th 2009, 5:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BangleMan
you only broke a record cos the limit of tickets that could be purchased was far higher than it would have been for a FA Cup final or play off final ....

Good to see Nick Owen beaming like a twat as the cup was presented....ow soon the joy will turn to tears in a few weeks....lol
They're prepared for it..............

If you were a Luton fan (I know, I know - don't bother replying) you'd be proud of them this season, and not just because of yesterday............
Old Apr 6th 2009, 6:26 pm
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

They're prepared for it..............

If you were a Luton fan (I know, I know - don't bother replying) you'd be proud of them this season, and not just because of yesterday............
i actually admire the fact that you stick by them....
Old Apr 6th 2009, 6:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

i actually admire the fact that you stick by them....
Why wouldn't I?

Born and raised in Bedfordshire (I've heard all the jokes about that so no need to bother..........), put up with the stick I got from all my school mates (who all 'supported' Liverpool or Manchester United, but had never seen them play)................

Was there for the Greatest Goal Ever (Bruce Rioch's acrobatic volley against Watford in the League Cup - Paulo di Canio, eat your heart out).

Saw them go from 1st Div to 4th Div and back again - the first team ever to do it.

Saw the League Cup Final win v Arsenal, 24 April 1988............. I would have always ranked that as the greatest day ever, but I'm getting the feeling that yesterday was in some ways even better, under the circumstances. And no plastic pitch to help us get to Wembley in the first place.........!!

If West Ham ever suffer a couple of relegations, I know you'll carry on supporting them - I'm the same with my lot.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 2:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

at least your fans will enjoy away games to Oxford, wrexham and probaby Cambridge next season!
Old Apr 7th 2009, 3:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
at least your fans will enjoy away games to Oxford, wrexham and probaby Cambridge next season!
........... and don't forget (probably) Stevenage - they can practically walk there............

Think West Ham v Millwall, but without mounted police to get in the way and spoil things.............
Old Apr 7th 2009, 3:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

........... and don't forget (probably) Stevenage - they can practically walk there............

Think West Ham v Millwall, but without mounted police to get in the way and spoil things.............
used to be like that when morecambe played barrow.
had a large contingent of local Leeds supprorters who used to go to Morecambe games when Leeds were not playing.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 8:31 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry but I wasn't aware of any match being held at Wembley over the weekend. So what was the name of the tournament?
Old Apr 7th 2009, 9:11 am
Hammer for Life

Originally Posted by lionheart
Sorry but I wasn't aware of any match being held at Wembley over the weekend. So what was the name of the tournament?
the Mickey Mouse cup or something like that.....
Old Apr 7th 2009, 9:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the Mickey Mouse cup or something like that.....
wasnt it the Face Painting Cup?
Old Apr 7th 2009, 9:46 am
Hammer for Life

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
wasnt it the Face Painting Cup?
The Simod Cup wasnt it ?
Old Apr 7th 2009, 4:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by lionheart
Look and learn, LH, look and learn............

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/paulfletc...le.html#071427

Last edited by The Dean; Apr 7th 2009 at 4:32 pm. Reason: ooops...............
Old Apr 9th 2009, 3:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

i just hope Southampton don't avoid a 10 point penalty!
would be ridiculous if they do
Old Apr 9th 2009, 5:07 am
Forum Regular

boroboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Well done Luton. It would be nice if they stayed up. The Fa are arseholes a 30 point ban is ridiculous. You should always support your local team no matter how they shit they are. I watched my local team Scarborough for years but because of a ruling like the Fa one, they went out of business. The Fa are a disgrace.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.