Madonna Concert

Old Jun 7th 2012, 4:44 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Madonna Concert

Originally Posted by Scamp
Doesn't really matter who told who what.

All the facebook and twitter things I saw were of people pissed off that she waited 90+ mins to come out on stage.

Just ****ing rude.
It didn't bother me , i was standing at the bar pissed !
Old Jun 7th 2012, 4:46 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by co durham boy
It didn't bother me , i was standing at the bar pissed !
She must have had a % of bar takings then.
Old Jun 7th 2012, 4:59 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

She must have had a % of bar takings then.
To be honest mate some people here are fu**ing stupid , as i said before they've no idea what to expect , it was like being with a bunch of school children where i was . Some bloke behind me was moaning about her gyrating and drinking the Jack Daniels , in the end i told him to " Fu** off back to his car and put his Val Doonican CD on "

I once went to a Guns & Roses concert nearly 20 years ago and Axl wouldnt come on stage for nearly 3 hours because he wanted a fu**ing roast dinner !

Last edited by co durham boy; Jun 7th 2012 at 5:16 am.
Old Jun 7th 2012, 5:40 am
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

Doesn't really matter who told who what.

All the facebook and twitter things I saw were of people pissed off that she waited 90+ mins to come out on stage.

Just ****ing rude.
No, you're right. It was rude. Everyone is at fault in some way or another. For example, Flash really should have informed people that Madonna was going to be some extra time rather than leaving everyone waiting.
Old Jun 7th 2012, 9:03 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by auzdafluff
No, you're right. It was rude. Everyone is at fault in some way or another. For example, Flash really should have informed people that Madonna was going to be some extra time rather than leaving everyone waiting.
Exactly. Apparently Flash have deleted the negative comments on their Facebook page. Not exactly the best way to handle the problem.
Old Jun 7th 2012, 9:28 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

I'm finding all the negative comments really bemusing. A concert, is a concert is a concert.

It was bloody hot, what would they rather than she came on, collapsed or walked off half way through?

The comments about the music really annoy me too. there was plenty of old stuff BUT if you're in your mid 40's and only ever listened to Holiday and Live a Virgin, you're going to be disappointed - she's 10 albums or so later now.

I hadn't bought the new album but still danced around loving the music. The amount of people just stood stock still and staring was incredible. I looked at the promo for the concert and it showed Madonna playing to crowds going wild. She must have looked out at AD's crowd and thought who on earth are all these statues? I'm fairly sure she's as pissed off with us as so many are with her. Sure, people here will go to the opening of an envelope, as we're so desperate to be entertained, but most probably wouldn't have bothered in their own countries and the lack of real interest in her was reflected in that.

90 minutes is a big wait and maybe there should have been a temp count down or something but the show did go on and was probably one of the most slick we will see. She certainly earned her performer stripes from me.
Old Jun 7th 2012, 10:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Millsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond repute

Would it really have cooled down at all between 9:30pm and 11pm for her to suddenly decide it was 'cool' enough to go on? I doubt there'd be very much fluctuation in the temperature between these times would there?

I agree with some of the other comments that it's just bloody rude to keep God knows how many people waiting in the sweltering heat, simply because that one person thinks it too hot for them?
Old Jun 7th 2012, 10:40 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millsyisland
Would it really have cooled down at all between 9:30pm and 11pm for her to suddenly decide it was 'cool' enough to go on? I doubt there'd be very much fluctuation in the temperature between these times would there?

I agree with some of the other comments that it's just bloody rude to keep God knows how many people waiting in the sweltering heat, simply because that one person thinks it too hot for them?
Ah, but some people are more equal than others!
Old Jun 7th 2012, 10:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Millsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by al dente
Ah, but some people are more equal than others!
Fair point. I should be used to that by now.