Madonna Concert

Old Jun 4th 2012, 5:42 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Madonna Concert

What was the old music place in Garhood. Closed down around 5 years ago..can't for the life of me remember its name.
Old Jun 4th 2012, 6:11 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

the late start was stupid, and rumour has it that she refused to go on stage as it was too hot...

anyway a lot of people are complaining about the show and that she didn't play enough old hits. well, it is a promotional tour for her new album so she's going to mainly focus on songs from that. if you don't like it - tough!

i'm definitely not a madonna fan and never liked her much to be honest, but i must admit i thought it was pretty good after i went along to make my wife happy. also i felt sorry for those people who paid extra to sit in the grandstand all the way in the back. i would have loved to see the women fighting though.
Old Jun 4th 2012, 7:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oyibopeppeh
I'd have to argue against that CDB...

The Metallica gig last October was insane...I've never been to a gig of that size where so many of the fans obviously knew the words to the songs!
What Abu Dhabi needs is a Cypress Hill concert, you know to loosen up the people
I'm surprised they allowed Snoop in, what with his love for Mary Jane.
Old Jun 4th 2012, 9:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Just in and <probably> a little off my head BUT twas amazing. Loved it, and those sad old gits who claim to need 20 shots to shag her, that's only because you'd be scared that she'd ridicule your ability. The woman was unbelievable. I wasn't confident that it would be enjoyable but I haven't seen a spectacle like that, ever, and I love a concert. Even the cynics in our gang were blown away. Once the gospel choir came out, i nearly converted!
Old Jun 4th 2012, 9:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
What Abu Dhabi needs is a Cypress Hill concert, you know to loosen up the people
I'm surprised they allowed Snoop in, what with his love for Mary Jane.
When the 'ship' goes down, they'd better be ready...
Old Jun 5th 2012, 6:31 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Seems the Mirror reads Arabian Business as they have used all the same tweets. I wasn't even at the flipping gigs!

http://m.mirror.co.uk/ms/p/tmg/mirro...w.m?id=3517993
Old Jun 5th 2012, 6:33 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Seems the Mirror reads Arabian Business as they have used all the same tweets. I wasn't even at the flipping gigs!

http://m.mirror.co.uk/ms/p/tmg/mirro...w.m?id=3517993
did they misquote you or did you tweet that. If so, why did you tweet it if you were not even there?
Old Jun 5th 2012, 6:35 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
did they misquote you or did you tweet that. If so, why did you tweet it if you were not even there?
I said that and it was my opinion. I do think it's rude to keep people waiting, whoever you are. I am just amused that my comments are being quoted as being from a 'Madonna fan'.
Old Jun 6th 2012, 5:28 am
banned

I said that and it was my opinion. I do think it's rude to keep people waiting, whoever you are. I am just amused that my comments are being quoted as being from a 'Madonna fan'.
ahh serial tweeter...I had to disable my account as GA was doing my head in (in a nice way)
Old Jun 6th 2012, 7:33 am
Bored liberal

Originally Posted by commander
ahh serial tweeter...I had to disable my account as GA was doing my head in (in a nice way)
Me, a serial tweeter? Heaven no, not at all. My account is for work and just occasionally I comment on other issues. The number of tweets will show that - just 4,000 in three years, but a decent number of followers who are interested in financial issues. That's nothing compared to most on there!

You mentioned a music place in Garhour earlier - do you mean Ibo? That closed 5 years ago.
Old Jun 6th 2012, 8:04 am
banned

Me, a serial tweeter? Heaven no, not at all. My account is for work and just occasionally I comment on other issues. The number of tweets will show that - just 4,000 in three years, but a decent number of followers who are interested in financial issues. That's nothing compared to most on there!

You mentioned a music place in Garhour earlier - do you mean Ibo? That closed 5 years ago.
Yea, thats it IBO. cheers, that was bugging me.
Old Jun 6th 2012, 7:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

I guess Flash blame Madonna for the delay and the no-Aircon right?

Well, did you expect them to fess up?
I guess some of us expect a fifty year old to not have bingo wings, so ....

The woman is incredibly fit, and she could probably kick my ass any day.
Apparently some fool wrote to the paper complaining that it was inappropriate for his children.

DUUUH!
Old Jun 7th 2012, 4:00 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seven seas

Apparently some fool wrote to the paper complaining that it was inappropriate for his children.

DUUUH!
No under 21's stated on all tickets as well . As i said before i thought the show was very good but the majority of people didn't get it . Some of the comments in Arabian business are amusing as well . The crowd were shite , i've been to loads of concerts here and it's always the same , the most annoying was Paul Weller at D.F.C , the fella gave up in the end , the crowd turned their back , unbelievable !

There's some real thicko's in this part of the world , no idea about bands , concerts or how to behave in a venue , most of the people around me were too concerned with finding their friends when the concert had started .

Last edited by co durham boy; Jun 7th 2012 at 4:04 am.
Old Jun 7th 2012, 4:25 am
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seven seas

DUUUH!
I've been speaking to people in the know about this. A lot of the vitriol backstage is being aimed at LiveNation, from both Flash and Madonna's camps.

Flash warned LiveNation when it first suggested the tour that June would be too hot for the Middle East.

Hell, when I was speaking to one of the guys at Flash for an interview about the Flash Forum and Avenged Sevenfold's gig, they even admitted on the record that once you get past the middle of May, it's too hot to host concerts outside.

In addition, LiveNation allegedly failed to pass on Flash's concerns to Madonna's camp. Apparently they were under the impression that while it might be 45ºC during the day, the temperature would drop during the night like it does in US deserts.

Apparently the delay was because Madonna refused to go on stage with it being so hot.

Hence why a lot of the anger is being aimed at the tour's organisers LiveNation.
Old Jun 7th 2012, 4:32 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by auzdafluff
I've been speaking to people in the know about this. A lot of the vitriol backstage is being aimed at LiveNation, from both Flash and Madonna's camps.

Flash warned LiveNation when it first suggested the tour that June would be too hot for the Middle East.

Hell, when I was speaking to one of the guys at Flash for an interview about the Flash Forum and Avenged Sevenfold's gig, they even admitted on the record that once you get past the middle of May, it's too hot to host concerts outside.

In addition, LiveNation allegedly failed to pass on Flash's concerns to Madonna's camp. Apparently they were under the impression that while it might be 45ºC during the day, the temperature would drop during the night like it does in US deserts.

Apparently the delay was because Madonna refused to go on stage with it being so hot.

Hence why a lot of the anger is being aimed at the tour's organisers LiveNation.
Doesn't really matter who told who what.

All the facebook and twitter things I saw were of people pissed off that she waited 90+ mins to come out on stage.

Just ****ing rude.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.