Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Madinat Chilli Crab Festival...

Wikiposts

Madinat Chilli Crab Festival...

Old Apr 18th 2010, 6:09 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Madinat Chilli Crab Festival...

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
ok, don't bother, it's crap...i love the chilli and black pepper crab in singapore, but this is nothing like what you get there...

there are around 5 food stalls...the crab is 120 dhs for the most ridiculously small portion of pre-prepared crab in a chilli sauce, so there's basically no crab in it it's all sauce...and if you want a whole (plain) crab, it's 240 dhs...you also need to buy vouchers before you can get food or drinks and you have to pay in cash...

fab marketing from jumeirah's point of view mind...getting loads of people paying over the top prices in an otherwise unused space...

MM, xx
oh yeah we had a good time, bollocks to teh crab though, baps is right, 120 D's in an outrage, and it looked more like crab bolognese.

I had chicken dumplings, chicken satay and 6 or 7 tiger beers as the sun set and some half decent band played - we very chilled and rather nice.
Old Apr 18th 2010, 6:09 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

sometimes a bit of mess around your mouth is so worth it...

MM, xx
I'll remember that next time I see you...
Old Apr 18th 2010, 4:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
oh yeah we had a good time, bollocks to teh crab though, baps is right, 120 D's in an outrage, and it looked more like crab bolognese.

I had chicken dumplings, chicken satay and 6 or 7 tiger beers as the sun set and some half decent band played - we very chilled and rather nice.
the crab was awful for sure...and the whole point of the festival, surely, was to grab some crab, not chicken stuff (eeuuwww...and the satay was awful, our first lot wasn't even cooked we had to send it back...)

MM, xx
Old Apr 18th 2010, 4:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
I'll remember that next time I see you...
so will i...

MM, xx
Old Apr 19th 2010, 3:55 am
why ayeeeee man!

the crab was awful for sure...and the whole point of the festival, surely, was to grab some crab, not chicken stuff (eeuuwww...and the satay was awful, our first lot wasn't even cooked we had to send it back...)

MM, xx
yeah the satay was shite, but the chicken and rice and also the chicken dumplings were magic.
Old Apr 19th 2010, 3:56 am
why ayeeeee man!

so will i...

MM, xx
aye carumba!
Old Apr 19th 2010, 4:21 am
Banned

Exceller is an unknown quantity at this point

I was thinking about going. Not sure if it's worth my time