Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Machete attack in London

Machete attack in London

Old May 23rd 2013, 9:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Machete attack in London

personaly I think deportation is a bad idea. These guys are fundamentalists, going back to their home countries who knows what they will get involved in. They should not have any opportunity to spread their vile opinions or warp any other young vulnerable minds. Deporting them won't solve the problem.Life in prison in isolation- As much as Guatanamo bay possibly breaks a few human rights I believe they have some space.
Old May 23rd 2013, 9:34 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
personaly I think deportation is a bad idea. These guys are fundamentalists, going back to their home countries who knows what they will get involved in. They should not have any opportunity to spread their vile opinions or warp any other young vulnerable minds. Deporting them won't solve the problem.Life in prison in isolation- As much as Guatanamo bay possibly breaks a few human rights I believe they have some space.
We could open our own Guatanamo Bay in somewhere like Scunthorpe ?
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
They word things carefully so as to stay on the right side of the law. As I said, I bet the private face is rather different to the public one. And that comment applies equally to governments.

The phrase 'at war' as used by the governments refer to other issues, not the actions of two nutters on the streets. Issues like 15 nutters on some planes. I hardly think the situations compare. Only in scale. I don't like the language used by government and I am not convinced that yesterday's murder is actually a 'terrorist' act. It's too easy to use that kind of tabloid shorthand.
No, I don't believe its a terrorist act either, in that I doubt it has broad sponsorship. Which actually makes the issue harder to deal with.
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
I believe that the Bay has created many times more extremists than it ever locked up.
Old May 23rd 2013, 9:35 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Fair point. Seems I had assumed this. Like the EDL'ers I'm sure.
Racist.
Old May 23rd 2013, 9:36 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

It appears the killers hailed from Nigeria, on a video I just watched he said hey did it because they want the killing to stop in their country.
Old May 23rd 2013, 9:39 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/ma...slim-reprisals

"Scores of supporters of the English Defence League threw bottles at police and chanted anti-Muslim slogans in Woolwich hours after the murder of one man and the shooting of his two suspected assailants.

About 100 men, including some wearing balaclavas printed with "EDL", engaged in running battles with police for less than an hour.
"

Last edited by Meow; May 23rd 2013 at 9:41 am.
Old May 23rd 2013, 9:42 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
No, I don't believe its a terrorist act either, in that I doubt it has broad sponsorship. Which actually makes the issue harder to deal with.
I disagree completely, it was certainly an act of terror by any definition and has spread just that through the British people. If the video is to be believed then its also a self confessed act of terror. Various Islamic terrorist organisations have advocated exactly these kind of attacks so it already has broad sponsorship within the extremes. This is the worst kind of terrorism and the hardest to prevent and combat, so hard in fact as to be effectively impossible to stop.

By denying it as an act of terror we lessen the crime, this was not a crime of passion in the heat of the moment but a calculated act designed to inflame.
Old May 23rd 2013, 9:43 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/ma...slim-reprisals

"Scores of supporters of the English Defence League threw bottles at police and chanted anti-Muslim slogans in Woolwich hours after the murder of one man and the shooting of his two suspected assailants.

About 100 men, including some wearing balaclavas printed with "EDL", engaged in running battles with police for less than an hour.
"
if these EDL people are against Islam why are they attacking the police who shot the two tossers? they are vile scum if you ask me (EDL)
Old May 23rd 2013, 9:44 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
cousins the lot, they would think twice then if it affect their entire families
You have got to be kidding. For argument's sake, let's say you were born in the UAE and have a passport. Your cousins have similar but you aren't close and have nothing to do with them on a daily basis. One of them commits a terrible crime and you think it's fair that you and your immediate family should be deported, back to a country you never lived in?
Old May 23rd 2013, 9:48 am
Concierge

You have got to be kidding. For argument's sake, let's say you were born in the UAE and have a passport. Your cousins have similar but you aren't close and have nothing to do with them on a daily basis. One of them commits a terrible crime and you think it's fair that you and your immediate family should be deported, back to a country you never lived in?
if the person in question knew that if he committed a horrific crime that the end result would be deportation of the entire family, I think you would see less terror crimes happening in Britain. Just my thoughts.
Old May 23rd 2013, 9:49 am
Bored liberal

if the person in question knew that if he committed a horrific crime that the end result would be deportation of the entire family, I think you would see less terror crimes happening in Britain. Just my thoughts.
Do you really think that voilent nutters who are prepared to commit such atrocities really care about anyone?
Old May 23rd 2013, 9:52 am
Concierge

Do you really think that voilent nutters who are prepared to commit such atrocities really care about anyone?
I agree but if the consequences were a bit stronger then they might think twice.
Old May 23rd 2013, 9:56 am
Bored liberal

I agree but if the consequences were a bit stronger then they might think twice.
Well that argument doesn't work for the death penalty...

I also don't believe you really mean that. You aren't mean. And it makes you sound like your mother...
Old May 23rd 2013, 9:59 am
Concierge

Well that argument doesn't work for the death penalty...

I also don't believe you really mean that. You aren't mean. And it makes you sound like your mother...
right school run time

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.