Machete attack in London

Old May 23rd 2013, 4:25 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Machete attack in London

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
My, that's insightful.
Isn't that what we've been saying? More or less?
Old May 23rd 2013, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

boyfrombangor has a brilliant futureboyfrombangor has a brilliant futureboyfrombangor has a brilliant futureboyfrombangor has a brilliant futureboyfrombangor has a brilliant futureboyfrombangor has a brilliant future

You are very, very wrong in this instance. Although I think it quite likely that the two perpetrators may well have ACTED alone, regrettably their views and feelings are shared by thousands if not millions.
I do think that at least one of them has probably been on a "training" camp. And they were fed the usual diet of jihad and American/Western occupation (update: at least one was a young adult convert). But the organisers of these camps are playing the numbers game and inviting hundreds and hundreds over in the hope that one or two of them are nuts enough to actually do something.

Kind of like the Prince's Trust.
Old May 23rd 2013, 4:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

The victim has been named as 25 year old Lee Rigby, married with a two year old son. I can't even begin to imagine how his family must be feeling.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...r-old-son.html
Old May 23rd 2013, 4:34 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
Isn't that what we've been saying? More or less?
But her blog's the equivalent of Col. Angry of Camberwell, thundering, "Goddamit, something's got to be done, Winnie" without actually saying what.

Just exploring other parts of her "official online home" (does she have an unofficial one?). Beginning to suspect that her teeth are far too white...
Old May 23rd 2013, 4:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

My, that's insightful.
Well, when she is on Fox News (yes, she's a neo-con) she has a reputation for keeping it.... er.... simple....
Old May 23rd 2013, 4:42 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by The Dean
Well, when she is on Fox News (yes, she's a neo-con) she has a reputation for keeping it.... er.... simple....
I definitely would.
Old May 23rd 2013, 5:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
I definitely would.
You'd keep it simple on Fox News?
Old May 23rd 2013, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

boyfrombangor has a brilliant futureboyfrombangor has a brilliant futureboyfrombangor has a brilliant futureboyfrombangor has a brilliant futureboyfrombangor has a brilliant futureboyfrombangor has a brilliant future

You are very, very wrong in this instance. Although I think it quite likely that the two perpetrators may well have ACTED alone, regrettably their views and feelings are shared by thousands if not millions.
In fact BB, I need to tie my two comments together because they appear to contradict each other. So to clarify, I am going to invoke the Four Lions argument.

That was a film about four nutters who went on a jihad but it was played for laughs as shoddy, slapstick and farcical. But what I took away from it was that although the force of conviction was there, there was no real organisation - it was a leaderless fight, it was just a hotchpotch group of ****ed up losers. So there are provocateurs, figure heads, but all they do is whip up a frenzy from a distance by feeding the flames and encourage people to agree with their view.

I too have a force of conviction, that Liverpool are still the greatest football team of all time and will be top of the league and Europe once more, but I'm not about to go postal on some ManUre fans (or am I?).

What I mean is, Timothy McVeigh was exacting revenge for the Waco Siege against what he saw as a tyrannical federal government in the US. Which is a clearly ridiculous viewpoint but a strongly held view amongst Okies and mountain men and Fox News viewers - who hold Tea Parties but don't blow up a van killing 188 innocent people. The Continuity and Real IRA are a couple of intermarried republican families plus a few vulnerable and out of work idiot recruits who sang a few too many rebel songs and romantically don't want to stop fighting "The Brits." The Boston Marathon bombers were practically naturalised but culturally uncomfortable US Chechens who inexplicably grew a Timothy McVeigh-style chip on their shoulder, about what? The treatment of Chechen villages and their Freedom Fighters by the Russian Army? But they too listened to a few too many rebel songs and decided in their heads that it was about the Muslims against the West. And lthough the Chechens are well into the Jihad in the 'Stans, those brothers were just good old fashioned nutters. With an appropriated cause. It would be like the Irish Americans sending money home through Noraid actually taking up arms and going Brit hunting.

They say that in Northern Ireland, during all the bombings, assassinations of policemen and indiscriminate murders of Catholics/Celtic fans/black taxi drivers, THERE WAS AN UNUSUALLY LOW AMOUNT OF OTHER VIOLENT CRIME AND PSYCOPATHY. I mean FFS. This crime is just labelled terrorism, which is a valid definition with a small t, but as soon as the news reports it as Terrorism there is a mass panic and it is elevate from the level of a tragic crime to an Issue of National Security Even Though We Arrested The Perpetrators Immediately.

You want to see real Terrorism? Go to a market or other public place in Iraq and wait. You want to see real Jihad? Go to Syria or the Hindu Kush.

For comparison with these recent acts of UK & US terror, suicide bombers were usually profiled as a vulnerable young adult who has been encouraged by a shady back room figure who convinced them to put this vest on but the US has bombed **** out of most of those now and they prefer a much more hands-off approach now (sorry Abu Hamza!). It takes more trawling for potential recruits in the right location but with the internet now as it is, it is so, so easy to attract angry young men and plant seeds.

That happened on both sides in Northern Ireland (admittedly on a much larger and organised scale) due to the closeness of the community and an "Us versus Them" mentality - did you know that Paisley 'accidentally' formed the UDA? Now one man can influence the global Muslim - or tinfoil hat conspiracy theory - population with a torrented video sermon/Moon landing footage. Moon landing conspiracy example thrown in to indicate the level I consider the jihadist movement AND ITS POPULARITY.

But these recent events are all great for the original provocateurs. They have the general population convinced that an entire minority is a time bomb that could go off at any time because of their culture, not because of their mental state. This raises the tension in the general population, which isolates the minority more, which makes them more likely to go off. All because two nutters in a UK islamic population of ?millions? went off.
Old May 23rd 2013, 5:48 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by boyfrombangor
In fact BB, I need to tie my two comments together because they appear to contradict each other. So to clarify, I am going to invoke the Four Lions argument.

But these recent events are all great for the original provocateurs. They have the general population convinced that an entire minority is a time bomb that could go off at any time because of their culture, not because of their mental state. This raises the tension in the general population, which isolates the minority more, which makes them more likely to go off. All because two nutters in a UK islamic population of ?millions? went off.
Good point well made. The danger being that, worldwide, there are a lot of people who share those two nutters' views and are sufficiently brainwashed to do what was done yesterday. Thankfully, I don't think there are many in UK.
Old May 23rd 2013, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

Good point well made. The danger being that, worldwide, there are a lot of people who share those two nutters' views and are sufficiently brainwashed to do what was done yesterday. Thankfully, I don't think there are many in UK.
Thankfully there aren't many in the UK, and thankfully for us B.E. they don't shit where they eat...

...Unless there happens to be a healthy Shi'ite/Sunni/Alawi minority in your neighbourhood, in which case it's colander on the head time.
Old May 23rd 2013, 7:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Who or what is Monica Crowley ?
Old May 23rd 2013, 7:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by scot47
Who or what is Monica Crowley ?
She is A-Right-Wing-Television-Personality who is wheeled out on a rent-a-quote basis on a regular basis.
Old May 23rd 2013, 7:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Why is it the converts are always the ones who carry out these attacks.

Anyone who converts (to any religion) is a bit unhinged in my view.
Old May 23rd 2013, 8:09 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Why is it the converts are always the ones who carry out these attacks.

Anyone who converts (to any religion) is a bit unhinged in my view.
Indeed, they are usually lacking something in their life (A Brain normally)

Any religion that preaches that the afterlife is the true life and to die a martyr sends you to a better place in heaven is worrying though. These nutters obviously believe it all.
Old May 23rd 2013, 11:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Just think, it's these same sort of people Cameroon is itching to support in Syria.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.