British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Luxury Riyadh Apartment Rent for Single Guy (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/luxury-riyadh-apartment-rent-single-guy-582899/)

Demented Kitten Jan 9th 2009 10:23 am

Luxury Riyadh Apartment Rent for Single Guy

Hi all.

I arrived in Riyadh last week and settling in ok.

Currently staying in a nice company provided apartment in Olaya.

I have 4 weeks to find an apartment for myself and from what I hear it is not easy for a single guy to find a nice place. I dont want to stay in a compound as I cannot justify the prices.

Does anyone know if luxury apartments exist for single guys where I can rent for the long term. I dont even mind if they are unfurnished. Just has to be a nice building and rooms, kitchen etc....

Also my budget is about 4000 Riyal a month.

Thanks.

The Dean Jan 9th 2009 4:38 pm

Re: Luxury Riyadh Apartment Rent for Single Guy

Originally Posted by Demented Kitten (Post 7144590)
Hi all.

I arrived in Riyadh last week and settling in ok.

I have 4 weeks to find an apartment for myself and from what I hear it is not easy for a single guy to find a nice place. I dont want to stay in a compound as I cannot justify the prices.

Does anyone know if luxury apartments exist for single guys where I can rent for the long term. I dont even mind if they are unfurnished. Just has to be a nice building and rooms, kitchen etc....

Also my budget is about 4000 Riyal a month.

Thanks.

SAR 4,000 per month?? Luxury apartment??

Oh dear............

still.unsure Jan 9th 2009 5:48 pm

ah, SAR4k a month certainly ain't going to get you luxury but it'll get you an apartment.

try http://www.alshowaier.com for s start, or even try Bill at http://www.britishcommunityservices.com for a few pointers.

al-showaier has a furnished apartment (2x bed, plenty big but not luxury for around SAR45k p/year

i'd also suggest reconsidering the compound bit. there's a lot more to it than just paying for a room

Demented Kitten Jan 9th 2009 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 7145839)
SAR 4,000 per month?? Luxury apartment??

Oh dear............

I wanted it unfurnished. I can buy the furniture.

Just want a nice place with good fittings and pref new building.

Can go slightly over 4k.

still.unsure Jan 10th 2009 6:04 am

Originally Posted by Demented Kitten (Post 7146270)
I wanted it unfurnished. I can buy the furniture.

Just want a nice place with good fittings and pref new building.

Can go slightly over 4k.

your best bet would be to find real estate agents in the area to where you want to live, go in, and have a look at what they've got. (be prepared for a language barrier, best grab someone who can translate if you're arabic isn't too hot).

i've seen a few off-compound apartments that come unfurnished and beware, when the mean unfurnished here, they're not kidding. most places don't even include a real kitchen setup (no cooker, fridge, sometimes no cupboards!) and it's not uncommon that you'll need to install air conditioning too. (a split system (recommended) is usually about SAR2k per room). what you save in getting an unfurnished place you'll quickly blow on getting it up to basic standards (i.e. working kitchen and bedroom, etc.) also, the layout of apartments here is a bit different to usual as they don't have many "bachelor" apartments (1x bed) and the 2x beds get real big fast to cater for the mens and ladies sitting rooms.

having said all that, you can find pretty big and new apartments near exit 5 of the northern ring road for about SAR30k p/a. i'd recommend that you go out and have a look for yourself so that you can get a feel for what to expect. the apartments usually have a caretaker that will show you around but again, you'll need help on the language front. all the 'for rent' signs are in arabic as well (it sounds like "akara")

personally, had a look at a few places and decided that it wasn't for me. for the first year a compound is good way of 'finding your feet' and maybe i'll do off-compound next year.

enjoy!

Demented Kitten Jan 13th 2009 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by still.unsure (Post 7147542)
your best bet would be to find real estate agents in the area to where you want to live, go in, and have a look at what they've got. (be prepared for a language barrier, best grab someone who can translate if you're arabic isn't too hot).

i've seen a few off-compound apartments that come unfurnished and beware, when the mean unfurnished here, they're not kidding. most places don't even include a real kitchen setup (no cooker, fridge, sometimes no cupboards!) and it's not uncommon that you'll need to install air conditioning too. (a split system (recommended) is usually about SAR2k per room). what you save in getting an unfurnished place you'll quickly blow on getting it up to basic standards (i.e. working kitchen and bedroom, etc.) also, the layout of apartments here is a bit different to usual as they don't have many "bachelor" apartments (1x bed) and the 2x beds get real big fast to cater for the mens and ladies sitting rooms.

having said all that, you can find pretty big and new apartments near exit 5 of the northern ring road for about SAR30k p/a. i'd recommend that you go out and have a look for yourself so that you can get a feel for what to expect. the apartments usually have a caretaker that will show you around but again, you'll need help on the language front. all the 'for rent' signs are in arabic as well (it sounds like "akara")

personally, had a look at a few places and decided that it wasn't for me. for the first year a compound is good way of 'finding your feet' and maybe i'll do off-compound next year.
enjoy!

This is something what I am looking for, nice new apartment which I can then kit out myself to my own standards. But this needs to be in a good place/area.

Does anyone know of any good reputable agents in Riyadh?

Sean G Mar 19th 2009 9:19 am

Going to Bump this up.... I'm actually moving to Riyadh in a bit and will need help in finding a spot (furnished or Unfurnished)... I've been trying like heck to find something on the internet but there is almost no info on this topic...

DdraigGoch Mar 20th 2009 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by Demented Kitten (Post 7144590)

Hi,

I'm due out in early April and understand my office (Government) is in this District so can you tell me in which apartments you stayed?

Many thanks.

Madam Medusa Mar 20th 2009 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by DdraigGoch (Post 7401780)
Hi,

I'm due out in early April and understand my office (Government) is in this District so can you tell me in which apartments you stayed?

Many thanks.

sorry can't help on accommodation...but croeso, welsh dragon...

MM, xx

Jess1983 Mar 20th 2009 8:44 pm

My husband deals with Al Bakar office on Thaleteen Street, their number is 014655006 he isnt sure about the language thing if you can find someone to go with you to translate that would be best. goodluck and best searches.