British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Lunch Date (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/lunch-date-893643/)

co durham boy Mar 16th 2017 11:35 am

Re: Lunch Date

Originally Posted by mission (Post 12205962)
i've always wanted to do fishing....but not keen on the early morning timings plus whenever i've mentioned it to any of my mates they just laugh in my face lol
China Grill should hopefully be good :fingerscrossed:...gonna be 10 of us....so looking forward to it :) Not done a brunch for a very long time.

We went to the Toy Brunch there last year . Just a novelty really , not sure if that ones still going .

Thought China Grill was better as a non brunch venue , even then the food wasn't as good a Zuma

jam25mack Mar 16th 2017 11:47 am

Originally Posted by mission (Post 12205961)
cheeky monkey...i am as old as the man i'm feeling :p

I'm 37! ;)

Originally Posted by mission (Post 12205962)
i've always wanted to do fishing....but not keen on the early morning timings plus whenever i've mentioned it to any of my mates they just laugh in my face lol

Well I'll be sure to let you all know if its any good.

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12205864)
Very jealous, that'll be wicked.:thumbup:

Yeah, should be. Haven't been fishing in a while. Hopefully the weather is nice and I can get some sun.

scrubbedexpat141 Mar 16th 2017 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by mission (Post 12205961)
cheeky monkey...i am as old as the man i'm feeling :p

ONly kidding. Meant to be good fun but never been.

It would appear that CoDboy is our resident expert having sampled EVERY brunch in town.:thumbup::thumbup:

co durham boy Mar 16th 2017 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12206031)
ONly kidding. Meant to be good fun but never been.

It would appear that CoDboy is our resident expert having sampled EVERY brunch in town.:thumbup::thumbup:

I used to really enjoy them years ago but the novelty wears off to be honest . There's still some good ones and the big ones are good to impress the visitors when they're here but waiting in a line for sushi and chicken tikka is lost on me a bit now.

I'd much rather go out for a bit of dinner , it keeps me away from the fat lasses with the Karama bags and Estuary accents ;)

Meow Mar 16th 2017 3:24 pm

There are plenty of brunches where the options are a la carte, or food is served to your table 'family style'. I prefer that as you actually get to see the people you have gone out with rather than losing them in a vast food hall for half of the brunch.

scrubbedexpat141 Mar 18th 2017 7:44 am

Originally Posted by co durham boy (Post 12206037)
I used to really enjoy them years ago but the novelty wears off to be honest . There's still some good ones and the big ones are good to impress the visitors when they're here but waiting in a line for sushi and chicken tikka is lost on me a bit now.

I'd much rather go out for a bit of dinner , it keeps me away from the fat lasses with the Karama bags and Estuary accents ;)

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 12206128)
There are plenty of brunches where the options are a la carte, or food is served to your table 'family style'. I prefer that as you actually get to see the people you have gone out with rather than losing them in a vast food hall for half of the brunch.

Both spot on, totally agree.

Interested to try the revamped brunch at Prime 68 soon as that was a firm favourite.

IKnowNothing Mar 18th 2017 9:44 am

So mission, how was China Grill?

mission Mar 23rd 2017 9:19 am

Originally Posted by IKnowNothing (Post 12207518)
So mission, how was China Grill?

to be honest it was actually very good....i luv the fact the food is brought to you and is fresh (and the food was good - mainly based around seafood and so if you luv seafood/sushi you will like it)....rather than having to queue up like cattle at the various food stations....the theme was 'great gatsby' and so they had dancers with feathers and stuff and male dancers all kitted out in 'gangsta' type of suites.
Coz you are in doors and there is no daylight - you forgot the fact that it's the afternoon....once the brunch is done we all moved up stairs where they played awesome rnb, hip hop, soul etc music....so all in all got totally hammered and had a great time :thumbsup:

IKnowNothing Mar 23rd 2017 10:22 am

Originally Posted by mission (Post 12210999)
to be honest it was actually very good....i luv the fact the food is brought to you and is fresh (and the food was good - mainly based around seafood and so if you luv seafood/sushi you will like it)....rather than having to queue up like cattle at the various food stations....the theme was 'great gatsby' and so they had dancers with feathers and stuff and male dancers all kitted out in 'gangsta' type of suites.
Coz you are in doors and there is no daylight - you forgot the fact that it's the afternoon....once the brunch is done we all moved up stairs where they played awesome rnb, hip hop, soul etc music....so all in all got totally hammered and had a great time :thumbsup:

Must have been good, it's taken you a week to get over it LOL

mission Mar 23rd 2017 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by IKnowNothing (Post 12211043)
Must have been good, it's taken you a week to get over it LOL

it's been one long p*ss-up since last Friday - my mates left yesterday and so back to being on my jack jones again :( lol