British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   A lovely puppy dog needs a home (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/lovely-puppy-dog-needs-home-655211/)

commander Feb 17th 2010 3:06 am

A lovely puppy dog needs a home

1 Attachment(s)
All,

Anyone looking for a puppy? This is a lovely little fella, who we have taken in after we found him getting beaten by a group of workers in Abu Dhabi.

we have given him all his jabs, neutered, and paid for his medical care..

We really need to find him a loving family home as he really is great with kids and has such a good nature..

PM me if you need any info.

Can someone put this on that expat woman site?

thanks

Kim67 Feb 17th 2010 3:20 am

Re: A lovely puppy dog needs a home

Done - if you look in the pets forum EW, it should be there.

commander Feb 17th 2010 3:31 am

Originally Posted by Kim67 (Post 8349314)
Done - if you look in the pets forum EW, it should be there.

thanks Kim...

lionheart Feb 17th 2010 5:10 am

It looks like a cross between a Labrador and Alsatian so will need plenty of exercise.

commander Feb 17th 2010 5:23 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 8349574)
It looks like a cross between a Labrador and Alsatian so will need plenty of exercise.

yea...

pauldxb Feb 17th 2010 6:53 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 8349283)
All,

Anyone looking for a puppy? This is a lovely little fella, who we have taken in after we found him getting beaten by a group of workers in Abu Dhabi.

We really need to find him a loving family home as he really is great with kids and has such a good nature..

thanks

:curse::curse::curse::curse::curse:

Things like this make me so angry, i would love to catch them & beat the s**t of them for hurting this poor dog. Will his leg be ok ? did you actually see them beat him ?

I will ask around for you & spread the attached file to all my UAE based friends via E mail.

On a seperate yet similar note I am going back to the Uk for a week & as of yet i cant finder a dog sitter & i am reluctant to put him in kennels as i havnt heard great reports about any of them... Is there such a thing as home from home system in Dubai (This is where like mind animal lovers look after your dog in their home for a fee)

lionheart Feb 17th 2010 6:57 am

Originally Posted by pauldxb (Post 8349777)
On a seperate yet similar note I am going back to the Uk for a week & as of yet i cant finder a dog sitter & i am reluctant to put him in kennels as i havnt heard great reports about any of them... Is there such a thing as home from home system in Dubai (This is where like mind animal lovers look after your dog in their home for a fee)

What sort of dog and remuneration are we talking about here? PM me if you prefer.

pauldxb Feb 17th 2010 7:03 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 8349787)
What sort of dog and remuneration are we talking about here? PM me if you prefer.

He is a saluki cross german shepherd, he has a great nature, cash wise... i dont know i hadnt given it much thought

Inselaffen Feb 17th 2010 7:23 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 8349283)
All,

thanks

hope you used that military training and gave them a kicking!

commander Feb 17th 2010 8:13 am

Originally Posted by Inselaffen (Post 8349831)
hope you used that military training and gave them a kicking!

no, it happened on a weekend, we were told third hand, but i spoke to a guy who witnessed it. They had Varco in the middle of a 'magic circle' and one guy stamped on his leg..

they all fled.

If only one of us had seen it...

we have now taught him to give a paw for a cheese cracker..heh heh

he really is a lovely dug!!

commander Feb 17th 2010 8:15 am

Originally Posted by pauldxb (Post 8349777)
:curse::curse::curse::curse::curse:

Things like this make me so angry, i would love to catch them & beat the s**t of them for hurting this poor dog. Will his leg be ok ? did you actually see them beat him ?

I will ask around for you & spread the attached file to all my UAE based friends via E mail.

Thanks mate, any help will be appreciated. we had a whipround at work and his VETS bills are covered. His leg will be ok, he will get his cast off next week. Currently he is living in one of my staff houses with a few engineers, so in the immediate term, he is ok, but short to long term, he needs a family

pauldxb Feb 19th 2010 8:20 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 8349926)
Thanks mate, any help will be appreciated. we had a whipround at work and his VETS bills are covered. His leg will be ok, he will get his cast off next week. Currently he is living in one of my staff houses with a few engineers, so in the immediate term, he is ok, but short to long term, he needs a family

I sent the E mail out & i think my friends Faye & Ben called you about taking him when they return from the UK

Blue Cat Feb 20th 2010 4:47 am

Originally Posted by pauldxb (Post 8357009)
I sent the E mail out & i think my friends Faye & Ben called you about taking him when they return from the UK

:thumbup: well done!! anyone want a kitten? :rolleyes:

commander Feb 24th 2010 12:01 pm

thanks Paul DXB for putting us in touch with F.

Some bad news...Varco the dog went into the vets last night to have his cast replaced and took a funny turn and never came round. He was going to his new home in Dubai on Monday..Varco the desert dug RIP...ill raise my glass tonight. Poor bugger

Blue Cat Feb 24th 2010 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by commander (Post 8370826)
thanks Paul DXB for putting us in touch with F.

Some bad news...Varco the dog went into the vets last night to have his cast replaced and took a funny turn and never came round. He was going to his new home in Dubai on Monday..Varco the desert dug RIP...ill raise my glass tonight. Poor bugger

how tragic, poor thing :(