Lovely Police

Old Apr 5th 2009, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

boroboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Lovely Police

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009...-ian-tomlinson

It seems it was not a heart attack but the innocent man was hit over the head by the police. What a suprise that the "protestors stopped us from saving him" stories came out very quickly and were even mentioned on here.

I remember when Menendes was shot in Stockwell and the eye witnesses told of a man with a rucksack of Middle Eastern appearance jumping over the ticket machine and acting very strangely. None of these were later proved to be true.

This man was not even protesting.
Old Apr 5th 2009, 6:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lovely Police

Originally Posted by boroboy

It seems it was not a heart attack but the innocent man was hit over the head by the police. What a suprise that the "protestors stopped us from saving him" stories came out very quickly and were even mentioned on here.

I remember when Menendes was shot in Stockwell and the eye witnesses told of a man with a rucksack of Middle Eastern appearance jumping over the ticket machine and acting very strangely. None of these were later proved to be true.

So........ questionable policing then..............

.......... just ten days before the 20th anniversary of Hillsborough.........
Old Apr 5th 2009, 7:57 pm
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean

am sure the police made mistakes that day, but would Hillsborough have happened if 100's of Scouse fans hadnt turned up that day without tickets.....er, no

the police had a very tough choice to make that day, as people could just as easily been injured or killed in the crush outside the ground caused by ticketless fans pushing to get in through the turnstiles, so they opened the gates....obviously in hindsight the wrong decision, but we could still have had a similar scenario if they hadnt have done, who knows

Used to go to see West Ham there each season during the 80's and that tunnel at Hillsboro' going out onto the terraces was very narrow and very claustrophobic...and was a disaster waiting to happen
Old Apr 6th 2009, 4:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Sky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BangleMan
am sure the police made mistakes that day, but would Hillsborough have happened if 100's of Scouse fans hadnt turned up that day without tickets.....er, no

the police had a very tough choice to make that day, as people could just as easily been injured or killed in the crush outside the ground caused by ticketless fans pushing to get in through the turnstiles, so they opened the gates....obviously in hindsight the wrong decision, but we could still have had a similar scenario if they hadnt have done, who knows

Used to go to see West Ham there each season during the 80's and that tunnel at Hillsboro' going out onto the terraces was very narrow and very claustrophobic...and was a disaster waiting to happen
Dont think turning up without a ticket is an excuse for what happened. Police made some monumental errors that day, read this piece from a few weeks back...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...ster-survivors
Old Apr 6th 2009, 4:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sky Blue
Dont think turning up without a ticket is an excuse for what happened. Police made some monumental errors that day, read this piece from a few weeks back...

The police did make serious mistakes that day but fans drinking in pubs until the last minute and then trying to push their way into the ground certainly did play a part in what happened though. Not that it will ever be admitted.
Old Apr 6th 2009, 5:15 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

It was a tragedy that could have been averted. I don't think its right to apportion blame.

Life is all about learning from mistakes. Another hillsborough in the UK would be a disaster.

Mistakes happen, procedures are sometimes wrong, the thing is to learn and move on.

Its always easy to blame the police.
Old Apr 6th 2009, 5:26 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sky Blue

In my opinion, its no coincidence that two of the biggest football tragedies have involved Liverpool fans at Hillsboro and at Heysel....

Yet, the press always make them out to be lovable scally's ....pah !
Old Apr 6th 2009, 5:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Sky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by commander
It was a tragedy that could have been averted. I don't think its right to apportion blame.

Life is all about learning from mistakes. Another hillsborough in the UK would be a disaster.

Mistakes happen, procedures are sometimes wrong, the thing is to learn and move on.

Its always easy to blame the police.
Yes but what about the 86 FA Cup Final, I remember (only just as I am not that old!), scousers climbing over the walls and mobbing the whole area! What did the police learn there?

Easy to blame the police? Well I dont think they do themeselves too many favours really... Lots of warnings over the years, just no real positive way to solve the problems... Until a loads of people die...
Old Apr 6th 2009, 5:56 am
BE Enthusiast

In my opinion, its no coincidence that two of the biggest football tragedies have involved Liverpool fans at Hillsboro and at Heysel....

The press?? Lovable scallies? What papers do you read?

I'm no northern lover but hey never seen a lot of good press for scallies? Maybe apart from the beatles and Ricky Tomlinson!!!
Old Apr 6th 2009, 5:56 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't be a southern poofter. Liverpool fans are no worse than any others. Indeed, from my experience, the worst behaved are Millwall and Chelsea.
Old Apr 6th 2009, 6:04 am
Hammer for Life

Originally Posted by lionheart
Don't be a southern poofter. Liverpool fans are no worse than any others. Indeed, from my experience, the worst behaved are Millwall and Chelsea.
whats being a 'southern poofter' in what I said ?

Maybe they arent now, but the press used to go on about how great it was that Liverpool and Everton fans could stand side by side, family alongside family at Cup Finals and the like, when a few weeks before and after they were involved in two of the biggest tragedies to hit football....

I cant abide the pikey's from Millwall. At least Chelsea fans 20 years ago were Chelsea fans, not like the plastic fans that go there now glory hunting

Nothing gets my back up more than seeing a Chelsea shirt here or in some other place a million miles away from Stamford Bridge worn by some local who has seen Lumpard & co on tv once....w***ers !
Old Apr 6th 2009, 6:20 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

It's always easy to sit behind a desk with a cuppa rationalising how the police or protesters did this or that thing wrong and could have avoided whatever. When you're in the middle of a riot though you do tend to make snap decisions based more emotion and the "primitive" side of the brain than higher reasoning powers.

When the adrenaline is flowing you get tunnel vision and often have trouble controlling the urge to "fight or flight".

N.
Old Apr 6th 2009, 9:05 am

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by The Dean

cr@p that was 20 years ago???

...am getting old...
Old Apr 6th 2009, 9:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

they are professional victims.
there vermin granny stabbin supporters don't think twice about singing about Ice on the runway but they cry if anyone says anything about Hillsborough! Twats!
Old Apr 8th 2009, 8:09 am
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute

there's a video now:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2009/ap...police-assault

no doubt the 'police are always right, or if wrong, it wasn't their fault, doing a great job among the great unwashed' apologists will come up with a reason why... or maybe some may suggest that the whole thing was fabricated, or put together by a treehugger (in fact the video was taken by a fund manager from New York)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.