at a loss :( RESULT!

Old Dec 20th 2017, 6:32 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute
Default at a loss :( RESULT!

to all those who were helpful in my previous 'at a loss' thread, i finally spoke to the landlord this morning and he was not aware at all of what was happening. He was a little put out with the strong language i used in my email, but understood why i had to go there and agreed to extend my contract in line with when Du gets connected.
This whole episode has now made me realise it's best to get the landlord's contact details up front. A lesson learnt.
Old Dec 20th 2017, 6:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: at a loss :( RESULT!

Originally Posted by mission
to all those who were helpful in my previous 'at a loss' thread, i finally spoke to the landlord this morning and he was not aware at all of what was happening. He was a little put out with the strong language i used in my email, but understood why i had to go there and agreed to extend my contract in line with when Du gets connected.
This whole episode has now made me realise it's best to get the landlord's contact details up front. A lesson learnt.
solved by speaking.

bloody introverts.
Old Dec 20th 2017, 7:04 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

Very happy for you Mission, glad we were all able to help

Now I don't want to put a downer on your result, but you do realize that you are now in the hands of DU !!!!!
Old Dec 20th 2017, 7:09 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheShed
Very happy for you Mission, glad we were all able to help

Now I don't want to put a downer on your result, but you do realize that you are now in the hands of DU !!!!!
that's actually ok because my landlord is coming to Dubai in April and will meet me and sign off on the contract extension then, and so fingers crossed Du should be up and running by then!!
Old Dec 20th 2017, 7:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Millhouse
solved by speaking.

bloody introverts.
Old Dec 20th 2017, 8:07 am
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

that's actually ok because my landlord is coming to Dubai in April and will meet me and sign off on the contract extension then, and so fingers crossed Du should be up and running by then!!

Did you get an email of him confirming the extension ?
Old Dec 20th 2017, 8:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I see nothing going wrong with this plan.
Old Dec 20th 2017, 11:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by UKCityGent
Did you get an email of him confirming the extension ?
nope, but i have my Arabian colleague as a witness who spoke to the landlord first and the landlord confirmed to him that my contract would be extended.
To be honest if my landlord goes back on his word (and in the words of another tenant i bumped into in the lift) 'i have given up and just accepted the situation for what it is'.....i'll just have to suck it up and move on.
Old Dec 20th 2017, 12:10 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

...i'll just have to suck it up and move on.
Maybe that's the action that'll unlock the situation...
Old Dec 20th 2017, 1:34 pm
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, given the time of year, I shall try to be helpful.

Go to DG Sharaf (or call Irish) and get a MiFi router and a new SIM card on the best data plan you can find. Plug the MiFi router in and Bobs your uncle. It’s basically a router but runs on a mobile signal to save you using your personal hotspot.

Before Bahtat goes there- you can save your personal hotspot for the negotiations with the landlord in April lol
Old Dec 20th 2017, 3:12 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Go to DG Sharaf (or call Irish) and get a MiFi router and a new SIM card on the best data plan you can find. Plug the MiFi router in and Bobs your uncle. It’s basically a router but runs on a mobile signal to save you using your personal hotspot.

Before Bahtat goes there- you can save your personal hotspot for the negotiations with the landlord in April lol
Isn't there an "l" missing from MiFi?
Old Dec 21st 2017, 3:46 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Good work Mission.

Try not to wait until April to get it formally confirmed is my suggestion.

Definitely don't ease up on the estate agents either. I'd be in there trying to get money back for their fee next.

How can you hammer Du next? Can you get information from them about when it's actually going to happen.

If it takes forever the generous offer to extend your contract might not be so generous. IE: if you've lived there 6 months is a LL really going to give you 6 months free because you can't look at boobies online or watch BeIn sports?
Old Dec 21st 2017, 4:38 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Maybe that's the action that'll unlock the situation...

Originally Posted by Scamp
Good work Mission.

Try not to wait until April to get it formally confirmed is my suggestion.

Definitely don't ease up on the estate agents either. I'd be in there trying to get money back for their fee next.

How can you hammer Du next? Can you get information from them about when it's actually going to happen.

If it takes forever the generous offer to extend your contract might not be so generous. IE: if you've lived there 6 months is a LL really going to give you 6 months free because you can't look at boobies online or watch BeIn sports?
All of the above. Get it confirmed ASAP! Learn by your past errors!

Then go after the agents.
Old Dec 21st 2017, 6:43 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Already done, she has something similar but for normal surfing those bundles are fine (I am talking about the data ones btw ) but she likes to watch complete Seasons upon seasons of Coronation Street in one night so that eats into the GBs and it starts to get expensive. And no its not cost effective to get an unlimited bundle

to be honest I dont see Du doing anything about speeding their process unless all the tenants (has to be a crowd for effectiveness) bumrush the local Du office and create a scene. Nothing gets the ball rolling than a scene
After living here for a number of years I can safely announce that Etisalat / Du both give *** all when it comes to phone calls and emails!
Old Dec 21st 2017, 7:48 am
BE Forum Addict

folks the issue isn't with Du, the issue is due to the way the building was constructed....the wiring that was put in while the building was being built have all eroded and broken...the developer has had to engage a 3rd party who are going floor by floor, unit by unit and replacing all the wiring/fibre optics.
Du came in about 3-4 weeks ago to do an inspection and the building failed and so the 3rd party contractor was called in again to rectify whatever the issue was.
Du are due to come back next week and do another inspection and hopefully, fingers crossed, they pass the building and if they do that, then we can all go to Du and arrange for the connection to our units.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.