at a loss :(

Old Dec 19th 2017, 8:50 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: at a loss :(

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
If I remember correctly, I said dont move to any building which hasnt had its Internet / TV connection sorted because despite what 'they' say, it almost always takes 3 times the quoted time. So therefore, a vehement no!

By the by I have taken the RERA route twice, once in real and once in the landlord's imagination and both times I came on top (all puns intended)
While we are all slapping ourselves on the back I seem to remember saying to get everything she agreed in writing....
Old Dec 19th 2017, 8:55 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jam25mack
While we are all slapping ourselves on the back I seem to remember saying to get everything she agreed in writing....
and don't you think i frigging tried that!!
I have sent numerous emails and whatsapp messages asking them to confirm in writing about the contract extension and they never addressed it in writing...instead they would ring and confirm it over the phone, even though would ask them to send it in writing...not sure what the f u k i could have done!!
Old Dec 19th 2017, 8:58 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

and to all you who seem to want to pat yourselves on the back.... frigging sod off!! I signed a lease in which i was told in good faith the utilities would be connected....and they weren't...and so now i am just trying to figure out what course of action i can take...i don't need you all trying to f u k me off even further!
Old Dec 19th 2017, 9:33 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by mission
yep i have compiled the file - took me almost 2 hrs to screen shot all the various whatsapp messages etc - but file is now ready to be handed over to RERA.
Company has agreed to foot any legal costs with RERA, which actually isn't a huge amount
Mission.

Pick up the ****ing phone and ring the landlord.

Sending a shitty, threatening email out of the blue isn't worth the effort. Follow a call up with an email sure, but just ring the landlord and talk to them.
Old Dec 19th 2017, 9:48 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

I'm with Scamp on this one Mission. My landlord is also Egyptian (living in the UAE) and he only picks up eMails once a week!!
Old Dec 19th 2017, 9:55 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by TheShed
I'm with Scamp on this one Mission. My landlord is also Egyptian (living in the UAE) and he only picks up eMails once a week!!
It's the salesperson in us. Picking up the phone is the only way to get things done.
Old Dec 19th 2017, 10:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Scamp
Mission.

Pick up the ****ing phone and ring the landlord.

Sending a shitty, threatening email out of the blue isn't worth the effort. Follow a call up with an email sure, but just ring the landlord and talk to them.
Originally Posted by TheShed
thanks guys....point taken...will give it till tomorrow and if by the time i get into the office in the morning (sent email from my work email add) he has not responded will ring him.
Old Dec 19th 2017, 10:51 am
Account Closed

thanks guys....point taken...will give it till tomorrow and if by the time i get into the office in the morning (sent email from my work email add) he has not responded will ring him.
Good stuff Mission.

May well be worth speaking with RERA to find out what you need to open a case etc so you can be prepared.
Old Dec 19th 2017, 10:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

It's the salesperson in us. Picking up the phone is the only way to get things done.
Yup, you call them and agree it. I also like a surprise visit to their office at 8am, preferably walking straight past the receptionist who will come scampering quickly behind not knowing what to do.

I did that once and had security called, naturally they won't touch you but you tend to see the CEO/CLO pretty quickly when you do that.

Then follow up with an email setting out exactly what they agreed on the phone. Put it on them to say no or implicitly agree. They generally will reply when it's all set out one way or another.
Old Dec 19th 2017, 11:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Good stuff Mission.

May well be worth speaking with RERA to find out what you need to open a case etc so you can be prepared.
Thanks SCAMP -
although i spoke to some guy at RERA on Sun who told me what documentation i needed to open a case, i will get my Arabian co worker to ring again and double check what details are needed - Arabian co worker has also said he will accompany me to RERA, and so hopefully that will also help.

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Yup, you call them and agree it. I also like a surprise visit to their office at 8am, preferably walking straight past the receptionist who will come scampering quickly behind not knowing what to do.

I did that once and had security called, naturally they won't touch you but you tend to see the CEO/CLO pretty quickly when you do that.

Then follow up with an email setting out exactly what they agreed on the phone. Put it on them to say no or implicitly agree. They generally will reply when it's all set out one way or another.
The landlord doesn't live in the UAE, he lives in Egypt...otherwise i would have been knocking on his door sooner
The thing is i am not a telephone person and prefer to do things via email, that way it's in writing and gives me the opportunity to read through what i want to say/convery...over the telephone i tend to shoot from the hip, which can just make things worse....but of course on this occasion a telephone call is a must.
Old Dec 19th 2017, 11:25 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Millhouse

I sort of miss doing this to chase debt, but similarly, it was a flippin' ball ache.

Walking straight past reception is glorious.

Thanks SCAMP -
although i spoke to some guy at RERA on Sun who told me what documentation i needed to open a case, i will get my Arabian co worker to ring again and double check what details are needed - Arabian co worker has also said he will accompany me to RERA, and so hopefully that will also help.

The landlord doesn't live in the UAE, he lives in Egypt...otherwise i would have been knocking on his door sooner
The thing is i am not a telephone person and prefer to do things via email, that way it's in writing and gives me the opportunity to read through what i want to say/convery...over the telephone i tend to shoot from the hip, which can just make things worse....but of course on this occasion a telephone call is a must.
Good stuff. Not everyone is that way inclined, hence my comment about it being the saleperson in us.

You have to deal with this how you feel comfortable but don't forget - emails and electronic communication are hard to ignore. Presence in the estate agents office and constant phone calls are hard to reject.

Don't leave them to the wayside either, the estate agent has lied repeatedly. Spend some time battering those ***** for some money or something.
Old Dec 19th 2017, 12:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

I got pretty pissed off getting told one thing on the phone and another thing later, so I installed Boldbeast Recorder on my phone. Any time I have to deal with anything that's going to be a ball-ache gets recorded. Next time I get conflicting information I ask for a department head and play it back down the phone, 99% of the time resolved in an hour!
Old Dec 19th 2017, 12:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond repute

It’s about time that agents were only paid after everything is done to the tenants satisfaction.

Maybe @HamdanMohammed could be a conduit to effect change if enough people tweeted.
Old Dec 19th 2017, 1:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

and don't you think i frigging tried that!!
I have sent numerous emails and whatsapp messages asking them to confirm in writing about the contract extension and they never addressed it in writing...instead they would ring and confirm it over the phone, even though would ask them to send it in writing...not sure what the f u k i could have done!!
Didn't we say not to sign the contract until you had it in writing.....?
Old Dec 20th 2017, 3:40 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Brains1983
I got pretty pissed off getting told one thing on the phone and another thing later, so I installed Boldbeast Recorder on my phone. Any time I have to deal with anything that's going to be a ball-ache gets recorded. Next time I get conflicting information I ask for a department head and play it back down the phone, 99% of the time resolved in an hour!

Genius.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.