at a loss :(

Old Dec 18th 2017, 9:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: at a loss :(

When I had my bad-smell problem, I prepared a whole file for the courts (including a legal opinion). I then walked into my landlord's office with the file at 8.30am explained to him that this was the file and that if it's not resolved immediately I will take it to the courts.

He begged for 24 hours and it was resolved.
Old Dec 18th 2017, 9:44 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Obviously I don't know how things work there but is is worth having a word with the other tenants and getting them all involved? They must be suffering the same issues. If everyone gets arsey things may move quicker??????
Old Dec 18th 2017, 10:07 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheShed
you could probably take screenshots and print those?
there SO many messages...i'll be here all day screen-shotting and then emailing it as an attachment to myself and then printing it off...i was hoping there would be a way to avoid doing it this way

Originally Posted by Miss Ann Thrope
As I'm feeling pedantic today: your colleague is Arab; the language he speaks is Arabic; and pretty much everything else Arab-related is correctly described as Arabian rather than Arabic. Except for bread oddly enough.duly noted!

But anyway, on a more relevant note: screenshot your whatsapp conversations and print the image.
ditto above

Originally Posted by carcajou
You need to get Emiratis involved, not Egyptians or people from the Subcontinent.

Get your company's Emirati head of housing involved - if he is not Emirati, find out who his boss is, and keep going up the chain until you reach an Emirati. That person then needs to speak to the landlord directly. If there is an Emirati lawyer at your company that might also do the trick.

Seems like a horrible situation. Sorry.
we are a 100% owned brit company with our parent company (head office) being the UK...we are based in JAFZA and our GM, along with all senior management are all brits....no one has any contacts with any kind of wasta

Originally Posted by Millhouse
When I had my bad-smell problem, I prepared a whole file for the courts (including a legal opinion). I then walked into my landlord's office with the file at 8.30am explained to him that this was the file and that if it's not resolved immediately I will take it to the courts.

it's a route that i will now have to take

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Obviously I don't know how things work there but is is worth having a word with the other tenants and getting them all involved? They must be suffering the same issues. If everyone gets arsey things may move quicker??????
anyone who lives in the building will be in the same predicament, however from what i have gathered there weren't many that had moved into the building the time that i did and hence have not had this issue for almost 3 months....tenants have increased over the last couple of weeks and so i guess it hasn't been too much of a problem for them so far
Old Dec 18th 2017, 10:19 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

But anyway, on a more relevant note: screenshot your whatsapp conversations and print the image.
Just don't send you Grindr / Blendr / Tindr ones by mistake.
Old Dec 18th 2017, 11:49 am
...we killed the flame

Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, but what are you going to do about your bad smell??

Oh come on, it was just sitting right up there...was I really supposed to just ignore it?
Old Dec 18th 2017, 11:50 am
...we killed the flame

Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Just don't send you Grindr / Blendr / Tindr ones by mistake.
Blendr? Is that really a thing. One is intrigued....
Old Dec 18th 2017, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

MAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mission
still waiting for my Arabic colleague to get back to the office so that we can ring the landlord.....in the mean time i will start to print off all emails and text messages (to present to RERA)....talking of text messages is there a way to print off whatsapp conversations/messages?
If using a Samsung: Go into the chat, in the top right hand corner, there's an icon (3 dots atop each other), press it, a menu drops, the bottom option is 'More', choose that, and then you'll see an option for 'email chat' - email it to yourself (with media attachment or without, choose). It may be a .txt. file for may be zipped.

On an iPhone: Open the chat, then click the contact name at the top of the screen, scroll down the screen, you'll find an option called 'Export Chat' - choose this, choose if you want with media or without - then choose to send to 'Mail' - again you'll either receive a text file or zipped file.
Old Dec 18th 2017, 12:09 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Blendr? Is that really a thing. One is intrigued....
Is next to the Toastr.
Old Dec 18th 2017, 12:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I think we should all congratulate mission on the use of colour and multiple quoting.
Old Dec 18th 2017, 1:34 pm
Hit 16's

I think we should all congratulate mission on the use of colour and multiple quoting.
I agree.
Old Dec 19th 2017, 5:10 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Multi-tasking in extremis? :blink
Yeah, a bit much at once I guess.

Mission, how did you get on with ringing the landlord yesterday?
Did you go to RERA?
Have you got a file of print outs built?
Old Dec 19th 2017, 7:21 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

May I point out Me Lord that I had advised against this move or am I trying to urinate in the wind?
Old Dec 19th 2017, 7:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
May I point out Me Lord that I had advised against this move or am I trying to urinate in the wind?
did you offer an alternative suggestion or just a no?
Old Dec 19th 2017, 8:04 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

did you offer an alternative suggestion or just a no?
If I remember correctly, I said dont move to any building which hasnt had its Internet / TV connection sorted because despite what 'they' say, it almost always takes 3 times the quoted time. So therefore, a vehement no!

By the by I have taken the RERA route twice, once in real and once in the landlord's imagination and both times I came on top (all puns intended)
Old Dec 19th 2017, 8:45 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Yeah, a bit much at once I guess.

Mission, how did you get on with ringing the landlord yesterday?have not rang the landlord yet....BUT...have emailed him,
since i was finally given his work email add last night. Have sent a strong email using words like company lawyers, food receipts, data sim card receipts, filing a case with RERA etc etc and have given him 2 days to respond to my email - if he doesn't then i'll go to RERA and file a case.

Did you go to RERA?
Have you got a file of print outs built?
yep i have compiled the file - took me almost 2 hrs to screen shot all the various whatsapp messages etc - but file is now ready to be handed over to RERA.
Company has agreed to foot any legal costs with RERA, which actually isn't a huge amount

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
If I remember correctly, I said dont move to any building which hasnt had its Internet / TV connection sorted because despite what 'they' say, it almost always takes 3 times the quoted time. So therefore, a vehement no! err dude whatever lol.....what i rang you up about at the time was about the AC and to see if i could check if it indeed was free...was nothing to do with whether to move in or not - that is moot yaar....i wouldn't have discussed that with you since i had it confirmed that the connections would be completed, otherwise i wouldn't have signed the lease!.

By the by I have taken the RERA route twice, once in real and once in the landlord's imagination and both times I came on top (all puns intended)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.