Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Looking for a new place to live

Looking for a new place to live

Old Jul 12th 2009, 10:17 am
Banned

GrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud of
Default Re: Looking for a new place to live

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
quiet, less traffic at night etc
Slightly changing subject: is it true that The World has been cancelled, everything (except few already built property) will be returned to the sea in the next few years?
Old Jul 12th 2009, 10:20 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GrecoRomano
Slightly changing subject: is it true that The World has been cancelled, everything (except few already built property) will be returned to the sea in the next few years?
returned to the sea? what do you mean?
Old Jul 12th 2009, 10:37 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
In this bloody heat?
yeah why not?
Old Jul 12th 2009, 10:38 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
returned to the sea? what do you mean?
man made Islands, to be sunk, had heard a similar rumour.
Old Jul 12th 2009, 10:56 am
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all

I cant see that happening, you think how much it cost them to get all 300 islands above the water & over a 4 year period but nothing here suprises me
Old Jul 12th 2009, 10:59 am
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all

Originally Posted by shiva
why do people on the palm insist on saying its the best location, you have to get on and off the bloody thing to go anywhere, the sea stinks in half the fronds cos there is no water circulation, the pools apparently make you sick, your neighbours are 3ft away....i just dont see the attraction.
Best location in my opinion is because your on the beach & if you like that i dont know any other area's in Dubai that have the same freehold location, yes i agree you do have to leave the palm to go into town, i personally like that, there are a few shops now which helps for you day - day bits. The sea where i am has never stunk & my pool has never made me sick BUT yes i agree the houses are close together, 5 meters to be exact
Old Jul 12th 2009, 12:03 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

man made Islands, to be sunk, had heard a similar rumour.
Why bother, the way they build things here, the fockers will dissappear soon anyway.
Old Jul 12th 2009, 12:03 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Roadking
Why bother, the way they build things here, the fockers will dissappear soon anyway.
very valid point, I wonder what the Palm will look like in say 20 years?
Old Jul 12th 2009, 12:09 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

very valid point, I wonder what the Palm will look like in say 20 years?
Old Jul 12th 2009, 12:12 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Wot, it'll look like a lttle red cross in a white box???

Well bugger me, the link shows now but still can't see what it is cause I'm not offerised or summit.
Old Jul 12th 2009, 2:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Timmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Spugsy
Apart from Dubizzle where should I be looking online?

Ta peeps.

Dubai Mariana is OK if you're a plastic expat, apparently!
Old Jul 12th 2009, 2:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Timmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by pauldxb
Best location in my opinion is because your on the beach & if you like that i dont know any other area's in Dubai that have the same freehold location, yes i agree you do have to leave the palm to go into town, i personally like that, there are a few shops now which helps for you day - day bits. The sea where i am has never stunk & my pool has never made me sick BUT yes i agree the houses are close together, 5 meters to be exact

OK, help me with something. Where's 'town' ?
Old Jul 12th 2009, 2:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lionheart
In this bloody heat?

It was nice out today
Old Jul 12th 2009, 2:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Timmy Molloy - London Boy
everywhere but palm
Old Jul 12th 2009, 2:51 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Timmy Molloy - London Boy
there is no point asking him, I don't think he has been past Defence roundabout unless it was to go to the airport

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.