British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Looking for finance for a Bollywood movie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/looking-finance-bollywood-movie-755883/)

seven seas Apr 23rd 2012 12:08 pm

Looking for finance for a Bollywood movie

The script is as follows:

DUBAI // A thief who drugged a market worker with a mysterious 'perfume' before stealing Dh700 from him was today sentenced to six months in jail.
Related

The Dubai Criminal Court heard that EK, a 50-year-old Pakistani on a visit visa, met his compatriot SH, a 30-year-old porter, at the Vegetable and Fruit market in Al Aweer in October last year.

He asked the porter for a drink of water and stopped to chat with him and a third man.

When the third man left, he offered the porter a bottle of red-coloured liquid and told him to sniff it. "He told me it was perfume," said the porter.

However, soon after sniffing the bottle the porter began to feel dizzy and then lost consciousness. He woke 15 minutes later to find his wallet on the floor, empty.

The porter and some of his fellow workers then searched for the man and found him trying to leave the market in a taxi. The taxi driver refused to pick him up and the market workers then chased him until he fell into a hole in the street.

The market workers said that he then began to inflict injuries on himself that he tried to blame on them.

"There were stones inside the hole, he picked up one and started hitting himself on the head then said we did it," one of the workers testified.

EK admitted charges of forceful robbery. Court records did not make clear what substance the perfume bottle contained.

seven seas Apr 23rd 2012 12:14 pm

Re: Looking for finance for a Bollywood movie

Yeah, there's some missing bits below. Feel free to fill in the gaps in the original text:

public toilets

stained underpants

touch

"would you like to sniff my coloured water?"

surprisingly small

post-hoc regrets

disiullusioned

Meow Apr 23rd 2012 12:43 pm

"Does this cloth smell of chloroform?"

Millhouse Apr 23rd 2012 7:02 pm

he fell into a hole in the street?

Boomhauer Apr 23rd 2012 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 10021466)

When I was a wee lad living in Airport Road early 80s, about 5 ish of age, I was running around without looking and fell into a newly dug ditch. At that age the ditch was taller then me and I couldn't get out as it was also vertical. To make things worse, the skin on my left thigh peeled off leaving a huge bleedy red patch.

And what made this a weird situation was that there were a few Arab grade school girls standing around at the top of the ditch looking at me, and they just kept looking....didn't do antyhing else.

Millhouse Apr 23rd 2012 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by Boomhauer (Post 10021594)
When I was a wee lad living in Airport Road early 80s, about 5 ish of age, I was running around without looking and fell into a newly dug ditch. At that age the ditch was taller then me and I couldn't get out as it was also vertical. To make things worse, the skin on my left thigh peeled off leaving a huge bleedy red patch.

And what made this a weird situation was that there were a few Arab grade school girls standing around at the top of the ditch looking at me, and they just kept looking....didn't do antyhing else.

nasty, but funny at the same time... was this 'loss of face' incident the reason why you post anti-arab/gcc/uae news articles on BE? :rofl:

Boomhauer Apr 23rd 2012 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 10021608)
nasty, but funny at the same time... was this 'loss of face' incident the reason why you post anti-arab/gcc/uae news articles on BE? :rofl:

You read my mind......, as I was typing my recollection, I'd half a mind to say that this incident left me with a sour taste of Arabs that I never got over them:rofl:

It really was running through my mid, is why I am chuckling seeing you mention it:D

seven seas Apr 24th 2012 6:19 pm

Shouldn't that be 'loss of thigh skin'?

And are you sure you didn't do it to yourself with a rock, and then blame someone else, like everyone else who falls into a hole in the street?

Boomhauer Apr 24th 2012 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by seven seas (Post 10023303)
Shouldn't that be 'loss of thigh skin'?

And are you sure you didn't do it to yourself with a rock, and then blame someone else, like everyone else who falls into a hole in the street?

This story sounds like the Local chap who claimed his accelarator pedal got stuck and brakes didn't work but thankfully the professionals at the Police were able to save the day by instructing the guy on his cell phone.

When I was down in the ditch with the girls looking on from above, I knew what it felt like for countless civilians made to get into ditches only to be shot by authoritarian forces.

My mom put Savlon on the large red patch of skin, which burned like hell and made it worse (got bad rash). From then on, mom would tell Medical pros I was allergic to Savlon.

The Dean Apr 25th 2012 3:41 am

Ah yes - the old 'falling down a hole' story....... happens all the time......

http://www.news10.net/video/15809101...falls-in-hole-

kittycat1 Apr 25th 2012 4:29 am

Boomhauer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millhouse

Thank you Boomhauer, that has just made me proper chuckle- just what I needed :thumbsup: