Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Long Overdue Introduction.

Long Overdue Introduction.

Old Sep 11th 2011, 8:20 am
When in doubt, mumble.

Poshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud of
Default Long Overdue Introduction.

Hi, am from the UK, have finally arrived in Dubai with my
2 children and dog ( another dog on it's way soon ), my Husband
has been here for 16 months.

Children have started School this morning...so just to say Hi really...
Old Sep 11th 2011, 10:12 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Long Overdue Introduction.

Originally Posted by Poshy

Hi Poshy

I see you have made a few posts already so you seem to be finding your way about already which is good.
That just leaves me to say welcome to BE and good luck in your new home.

Dread - x
Old Sep 11th 2011, 11:59 am
When in doubt, mumble.

Poshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud of

yeah I kind of jumped in feet first forgetting my manners and had my first post deleted for hawking my wares......which I wasn't of course, only time I ever cut hair was when I pinned my pal down and cut off her pony tail.
Old Sep 11th 2011, 12:37 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

what school, my little one started this morning...
Old Sep 11th 2011, 1:09 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

I hope you are enjoying being part of our little virtual community and that your children have a great first day at school
Old Sep 11th 2011, 2:25 pm
When in doubt, mumble.

Originally Posted by commander

EISM
Old Sep 11th 2011, 2:25 pm
Confirmed grumpy old man

Victor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond repute

Comment withdrawn

Last edited by Victor Meldrew; Sep 11th 2011 at 2:26 pm. Reason: Question had already been answered
Old Sep 11th 2011, 2:26 pm
When in doubt, mumble.

Originally Posted by Sue
Hi,

I hope you are enjoying being part of our little virtual community and that your children have a great first day at school

Thanks Sue, they said they really enjoyed it.....
Old Sep 11th 2011, 3:46 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE and nice to see an intro
Old Sep 11th 2011, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

winter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to all

EISM
EISM is a great school, and welcome to the bored and Dubai
Old Sep 11th 2011, 4:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Poshy and welcome

How are you finding it so far?

Kittycat
xxx
Old Sep 12th 2011, 12:39 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Hello
Old Sep 12th 2011, 4:13 am
When in doubt, mumble.

Originally Posted by commander
Which School has your little one started at, hope they
had a good day ?
Old Sep 12th 2011, 4:21 am
When in doubt, mumble.

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Hi Poshy and welcome

How are you finding it so far?

Kittycat
xxx

Thanks for the Welcomes and finding it good, obviously very different to the UK, have had 4 visits here over the last year or so each time for a good few weeks, arrived permanently 1st Sept.

Got my car last week so am just finding my way around with that, learning that you have to put your foot down and get out in the faster lanes with the big boys to survive.

The School run was tough this morning without my Husband here to share the load, one of my Sons is difficult to get going in a morning but I got them there with plenty of time.

Got home, have walked the dog and had breakfast and I have found myself a bit of Voluntary work so off there for a while....
Old Sep 12th 2011, 4:24 am
When in doubt, mumble.

Oh...am a bit of a Eco Warrior at home and Dubai makes me twitch !!, I will have to learn to live with it.

)))) plastic bags ((((

Oh and nice not stepping in dog shit and tip toeing around spit globules and chewing gum.

Climate playing havoc with my fascinating skin disease....