London Marathon 2014

Old Jan 20th 2014, 6:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Millsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond repute
Default London Marathon 2014

It has been an ambition of mine, as far back as I can remember to run a marathon. I don’t really know why, I think part of it’s probably the massive sense of accomplishment that comes with (hopefully) crossing the finish line. I fear this will be followed by a massive sense of discomfort, but I’m ignoring that for now…

Anyway, I’m all signed up for this year’s London Marathon in April, and will be running on behalf of UNICEF.

The purpose of this thread is so that if any of you kind, generous people would like to sponsor me, please let me know and I’ll PM you the link to my fundraising page.

If you don’t want to sponsor me that’s fine, please just wish me luck!

Thanks.

http://fundraise.unicef.org.uk/MyPag...4#.U0lapl6uKQt

Last edited by Sue; Apr 12th 2014 at 3:24 pm. Reason: Added link.
Old Jan 20th 2014, 11:48 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: London Marathon 2014

well done...make sure you watch Simon Pegg's 'Run Fatboy' for inspiration...and it's a very good film

I'm losing my triathlon virginity next month. Training is hard (thanks to Michael Haddin) but feeling good.
Old Jan 22nd 2014, 3:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Millsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks flares and good luck with the triathlon - possibly my next goal, although I'm not a very strong swimmer. And don't have a bike!
Old Jan 24th 2014, 3:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

the tri has got to be so much easier than running 26.2 miles. fair play to you

although saying that out of the three disciplines it's my running that's improved the most. Thought it was my weak link but beat my six fellow trainees this morning on the cycle/run 'brick'. Strangely felt like a racehorse as I caught up with then overtook the two front runners with a km to go. they were treading water...I was all hands and heels

The ironman has a marathon to finish...i.e. after a silly swim and 100km+ on the bike. Ridiculous
Old Apr 11th 2014, 7:45 am
BE Enthusiast

At the airport now waiting for my flight to London for Sunday's marathon. Very nervous but excited too, can't wait to get underway and see how I get on - as prepared as I'll ever be, and probably the fittest I've ever been too.

It's not too late to sponsor me still, but just a few good luck messages will spur me on anyway.
Old Apr 11th 2014, 7:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute

All the best in your endeavor, I hope you enjoy it....and hopefully the atmosphere will numb the pain !!!
Old Apr 11th 2014, 9:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Oo good luck Millsy, I salute you- it son my bucket list! watch out for bleeding nipples! Are you in fancy dress?

Send me your link and I'll sponsor you a few dibs for a good cause.

Last edited by kittycat1; Apr 11th 2014 at 9:41 am.
Old Apr 11th 2014, 9:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Kittycat, will PM you when I get back next week, can't get my head round how to do it on this tiny phone.

Experienced many bleeding nipple issues during training so am armed with blister plasters plus a tight vest top (to go under my running vest) with the hope of not crossing the finishing line with red patches on my vest - great for the photo's!

Will let you all know how it goes.
Old Apr 12th 2014, 6:23 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Good luck buddy!
Old Apr 12th 2014, 6:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck!

(Did you get the deep sea diving outfit in dubai or UK? )
Old Apr 12th 2014, 6:52 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Millsyisland
It has been an ambition of mine, as far back as I can remember to run a marathon. I don’t really know why, I think part of it’s probably the massive sense of accomplishment that comes with (hopefully) crossing the finish line. I fear this will be followed by a massive sense of discomfort, but I’m ignoring that for now…

Anyway, I’m all signed up for this year’s London Marathon in April, and will be running on behalf of UNICEF.

The purpose of this thread is so that if any of you kind, generous people would like to sponsor me, please let me know and I’ll PM you the link to my fundraising page.

If you don’t want to sponsor me that’s fine, please just wish me luck!

Thanks.
That's ace. Stick your link right up on here in a post. Thereafter put it into your BE signature . If you need help with that , let me know. I told 'im indoors, as it's always been an ambition of his also. We're up for a teeny bit of NZ dollars to a good cause. I think we need to spread the word somehow if we can.
Old Apr 12th 2014, 6:56 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Actually . Any of you lot PM me the link and I'll see if I can get in up for all to see. Or one of you post the blimmin link Won't let me edit the above post. Argh!
Old Apr 12th 2014, 7:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for all the messages chaps and chapesses - it's much appreciated.

Hopefully here's the link, if it works (thanks Bevs):

http://fundraise.unicef.org.uk/MyPag...4#.U0jrGBa9LCQ

And Millhouse, next year it'll be fancy dress....
Old Apr 12th 2014, 3:25 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millsyisland
Thanks for all the messages chaps and chapesses - it's much appreciated.

Hopefully here's the link, if it works (thanks Bevs):

http://fundraise.unicef.org.uk/MyPag...4#.U0jrGBa9LCQ

And Millhouse, next year it'll be fancy dress....
Link added. Feel free to add it to your signature too.
Old Apr 12th 2014, 7:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Best of luck Millsy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.