British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Local Pro League (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/local-pro-league-822296/)

Bongoman2 Jan 20th 2014 11:32 am

Local Pro League

I've been keen to get to one of the local Pro Leage games just to see what the atmosphere (or lack of) is like and see how it all goes down.

Has anyone been? Am thinking of watching Al Nasr. It says they play at Al Maktoum stadium, is that the one behind Iranian club (in Al Nasr) or elsewhere?

Any opinions welcomed

Bahtatboy Jan 20th 2014 12:03 pm

Re: Local Pro League

Originally Posted by Bongoman2 (Post 11087125)
I've been keen to get to one of the local Pro Leage games just to see what the atmosphere (or lack of) is like and see how it all goes down.

Has anyone been? Am thinking of watching Al Nasr. It says they play at Al Maktoum stadium, is that the one behind Iranian club (in Al Nasr) or elsewhere?

Any opinions welcomed

Ah, not York v Jocky's, then.

scrubbedexpat141 Jan 20th 2014 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by Bongoman2 (Post 11087125)

Any opinions welcomed

We talked about this a while ago and I was keen but finding information on simple things like locations, tickets etc is quite a challenge.

That being said, I've not given it another go and it's on the list of things I want to do but just...haven't.

jam25mack Jan 20th 2014 1:31 pm

I've watched a few mins here and there on Tv and if I am honest the quality is horrific! Saying that, it cannot be any worse than the Indian league I was watching last week. That was hilarious. I could have probably made the team.

Bongoman2 Jan 21st 2014 9:17 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 11087201)
We talked about this a while ago and I was keen but finding information on simple things like locations, tickets etc is quite a challenge.

That being said, I've not given it another go and it's on the list of things I want to do but just...haven't.

proleague.ae

From seeing the games on tv, i dont think there will be a hassle getting a ticket at the gate unless its Al Ain vs some big rival

Sandboy Jan 21st 2014 4:45 pm

always used to be free admission - I knew a fella who was on the UAE FA and stopped to give an Indian lad a lift to the stadium out at Awir one night, he was all togged out in a club shirt, scarf and flag etc

Local told him how brilliant it was to see the Indian community showing interest in UAE football. The Indian told him he'd been given all the gear and was being paid to attend the match

newcastle have been doing this for years