British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Loans (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/loans-539180/)

zabone May 27th 2008 9:52 am

Loans

Anyone have any ideas on which bank gives out the biggest loans - ( obviously depenedent on income ).

Went to HSBC and they have said a max personal loan of 250k dhs at 9% is avaialable and am waiting for barclays to see what they give. Any other suggestions on who to go to max out on loans ?

cheers zabone

shiva May 27th 2008 9:54 am

Re: Loans

Originally Posted by zabone (Post 6399070)
Anyone have any ideas on which bank gives out the biggest loans - ( obviously depenedent on income ).

Went to HSBC and they have said a max personal loan of 250k dhs at 9% is avaialable and am waiting for barclays to see what they give. Any other suggestions on who to go to max out on loans ?

cheers zabone

ah, planning a one way trip home are we?? ;)

zabone May 27th 2008 10:02 am

is this not the the ex-pat strategy of life in dubai or have i been talking to the wrong people ?!! ;) :)

Blue Cat May 27th 2008 10:06 am

is this for your car?

zabone May 27th 2008 10:12 am

no - that's already been sorted !

admon May 28th 2008 5:24 am

WTF.. Surely starting off life in a new town with a big loan around your neck isn't the way to go (unless you are on a one way flight out of here as a previous poster suggests).
what are you planning to do with the 300k plus you are hoping to get?

..please don't say a deposit on an apartment/villa purchase

Border Reiver May 28th 2008 5:48 am

250K at 9% is scary enough. Did they tell you how much interest you would be paying on that?:eek:

ScotsExpat May 28th 2008 6:27 am

Originally Posted by Border Reiver (Post 6402869)
250K at 9% is scary enough. Did they tell you how much interest you would be paying on that?:eek:

But is it 9% on a reducing balance?

zabone May 28th 2008 7:09 am

Originally Posted by Border Reiver (Post 6402869)

for a personal loan - the 9% is slghtly higher than the rates offered in england - though i've not shopped around as yet - would like to think that can get lower ?

zabone May 28th 2008 7:10 am

Originally Posted by ScotsExpat (Post 6402938)
But is it 9% on a reducing balance?

good question - i will check

zabone May 28th 2008 7:15 am

Originally Posted by admon (Post 6402839)
WTF.. Surely starting off life in a new town with a big loan around your neck isn't the way to go (unless you are on a one way flight out of here as a previous poster suggests).
what are you planning to do with the 300k plus you are hoping to get?

..please don't say a deposit on an apartment/villa purchase

Am trying to find out the the lowest rates for personal loans - ignore the max out part of my first post - i guess it does make it sound a bit gung ho !!

admon May 28th 2008 7:26 am

Originally Posted by zabone (Post 6403031)
Am trying to find out the the lowest rates for personal loans - ignore the max out part of my first post - i guess it does make it sound a bit gung ho !!

so what are you intending to blow the cash on may I ask?

zabone May 28th 2008 7:33 am

Originally Posted by admon (Post 6403058)
so what are you intending to blow the cash on may I ask?

of course you may ask - but i cannot answer as yet !! - am just trying to find out which banks are worth approaching for the best deals at this stage...cheers

MataHari May 28th 2008 7:35 am

Originally Posted by zabone (Post 6403072)
of course you may ask - but i cannot answer as yet !! - am just trying to find out which banks are worth approaching for the best deals...cheers

it's an offence not to share deeply personal matters on the forum....this is your first warning

admon May 28th 2008 7:35 am

he he, sounds like a plan...