British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Loan advice please- Desperate (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/loan-advice-please-desperate-628368/)

InTrouble Aug 31st 2009 6:33 am

Loan advice please- Desperate

hi everyone,

Does anybody know of any loan companies in Abu Dhabi that offer short term loans to Residents?

Got made redundant, started new job after 3 month gap. now in the shit and need loan payable back over 6months to 1 year

thanks in advance for any advice/contact numbers

Euc- Aug 31st 2009 6:34 am

Re: Loan advice please- Desperate

So you want to take a loan to cover another loan.

Yeah, that sure will keep ya out of trouble. Why not try to resolve it with the bank? Now that you've found a job they know you've got money coming in so probably they're willing to listen.

TGFKASE Aug 31st 2009 6:45 am

Originally Posted by InTrouble (Post 7890580)
hi everyone,

Does anybody know of any loan companies in Abu Dhabi that offer short term loans to Residents?

Got made redundant, started new job after 3 month gap. now in the shit and need loan payable back over 6months to 1 year

What kinda figure are you looking for??

InTrouble Aug 31st 2009 6:50 am

Hi

Ideally looking for aed 50k over 6 months, i know i will get hit with big interest but more important to get myself on even keel.

Cant find any listing of lenders anywhere

Autonomy Aug 31st 2009 7:22 am

Originally Posted by InTrouble (Post 7890616)
Hi

Ideally looking for aed 50k over 6 months, i know i will get hit with big interest but more important to get myself on even keel.

Cant find any listing of lenders anywhere

citibank offered me a short term loan - but as i didn't want or need one I didn't take them up on it. You may have to be an existing customer though....

busybee2 Aug 31st 2009 12:16 pm

banks will give you whatever term you need, 6 months 18 months whatever, i knew someone who wanted a year one but because they only had 8 months left on their visa that is all they were allowed, but when we went to get a loan from adcb you tell them what months you want it for and then they will just calcuate it out for you.

The Dean Aug 31st 2009 3:26 pm

I'm so worried about getting into debt that I'm paying back money I haven't even borrowed. :huh:

seven seas Aug 31st 2009 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 7891587)
I'm so worried about getting into debt that I'm paying back money I haven't even borrowed. :huh:

I'm so calculating about debts I'm owed that I'm worried about money I haven't even lent.

Bungdit Din Sep 1st 2009 11:12 am

Originally Posted by busybee2 (Post 7891222)
banks will give you whatever term you need, 6 months 18 months whatever

depends on what business you're in... many banks still not lending to people in risky businesses like construction, property etc. much stricter qualifications before lending too, not like the old days where they threw money at anyone who wanted it... all to the good for Dubai's future but maybe not so good for the OP.

busybee2 Sep 1st 2009 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by Bungdit Din (Post 7893667)
depends on what business you're in... many banks still not lending to people in risky businesses like construction, property etc. much stricter qualifications before lending too, not like the old days where they threw money at anyone who wanted it... all to the good for Dubai's future but maybe not so good for the OP.

no some people in construction do get a loan but they do have to shop around

Tiger989 Sep 1st 2009 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by InTrouble (Post 7890580)
hi everyone,

You can't if you dont have a visa. Your best luck is to try with your current bank. As to take a new loan you would need a letter from your employer(saftey net for the bank) and a copy of your passport visa etc... Otherwise the whole of britain came here on visit visa took out a loan and went back to england :)

Bungdit Din Sep 2nd 2009 7:19 am

Originally Posted by busybee2 (Post 7894881)
no some people in construction do get a loan but they do have to shop around

i know, that's why I said many banks, not all banks... still not looking good for OP though.

Roadking Sep 2nd 2009 10:30 am

Originally Posted by Bungdit Din (Post 7896318)
i know, that's why I said many banks, not all banks... still not looking good for OP though.

Either he got his loan and in no longer in trouble..

..or they repossessed his laptop!