British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Live UK TV (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/live-uk-tv-537875/)

Fairydust May 21st 2008 10:03 am

Live UK TV

Has anyone subscribed to this and is it worth the $49 per month?

shiva May 21st 2008 10:05 am

Re: Live UK TV

the fact that i couldnt get the free trial to work in the past kind off suggests that noi its not worth it.

Fairydust May 21st 2008 10:07 am

I just did the free trial and its working perfectly well but you only get the choice to watch 1 channel per day - today is C4 so no good for football tonight so might just subscribe for a month and see how it goes.

Blue Cat May 21st 2008 10:07 am

and the time difference is a pain in the butt too :(

Fairydust May 21st 2008 10:09 am

You can delay and watch later if you want. But there again I'm usually up till the small wee hours so not a problem

shiva May 21st 2008 10:09 am

Originally Posted by Fairydust (Post 6374682)
I just did the free trial and its working perfectly well but you only get the choice to watch 1 channel per day - today is C4 so no good for football tonight so might just subscribe for a month and see how it goes.

ah they must have fixed it. if you do try it let us know what its like cos i may be interested if it works well.

Blue Cat May 21st 2008 10:10 am

Originally Posted by Fairydust (Post 6374689)
You can delay and watch later if you want. But there again I'm usually up till the small wee hours so not a problem

are you watching it on your laptop?

Fairydust May 21st 2008 10:11 am

OK will do, if I introduce someone to it - I think my monthly fee goes down a bit - so will be on a recruitment drive if it works. Just waiting for hubby to get a cable to link laptop to tv to have a look at the quality on there first.

Madam Medusa May 21st 2008 11:00 am

Originally Posted by Fairydust (Post 6374704)
OK will do, if I introduce someone to it - I think my monthly fee goes down a bit - so will be on a recruitment drive if it works. Just waiting for hubby to get a cable to link laptop to tv to have a look at the quality on there first.

FD, there was something about this on EG ages ago, and i think a few people signed up so take a look cos there might be some more feedback...

MM, xx

Fairydust May 21st 2008 12:28 pm

Thanks MM, have decided to sign up anyway, seems to be ok and is working. See you tomorrow night for birthday round 2 :eek:

If anyone is interested in getting it PM me your email address and I will send you a recommendation, meaning I can get $25 off next month!!

Madam Medusa May 25th 2008 4:29 pm

FD, hope you didn't manage to sign up...did you see the latest note on the site, it looks like it's gone tits up already...

IMPORTANT NOTICE – 23 rd May 2008
Global Media Group are no longer able to operate the services previously undertaken on this website address.
It has recently come to our attention that the service is deemed to be illegal both in terms of distribution and viewing.
Due to high demand we estimate 5 to 7 days communication response time.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

MM, xx

Fairydust May 26th 2008 3:34 am

:curse: I know bloody typical isn't it - I sign up on 21st and stops on 22nd, but at least I got to see the football (sorry MH). Apparently its been running for a year so guess I was just unlucky - only paid for a month though so not too bad.

My main concern now is the monthly credit card payment I set up - can I just go to the bank and block it or will I have to "lose" the card and have a new one issued? Anyone?

Live for now May 26th 2008 4:45 am

Originally Posted by Fairydust (Post 6393773)
:curse: I know bloody typical isn't it - I sign up on 21st and stops on 22nd, but at least I got to see the football (sorry MH). Apparently its been running for a year so guess I was just unlucky - only paid for a month though so not too bad.

My main concern now is the monthly credit card payment I set up - can I just go to the bank and block it or will I have to "lose" the card and have a new one issued? Anyone?

You can cancel it the same as a DD in a bank, but even safer if you get a new card, only takes few days to come, just more of a nuisance if you have other regular payments on it.I have stopped a regular payment recently with HSBC no problem

Fairydust May 26th 2008 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by Live for now (Post 6393871)
You can cancel it the same as a DD in a bank, but even safer if you get a new card, only takes few days to come, just more of a nuisance if you have other regular payments on it.I have stopped a regular payment recently with HSBC no problem

Oh great thanks we are with HSBC too so will try that tmw

Eeyore May 27th 2008 6:20 am

It has recently come to our attention that the service is deemed to be illegal both in terms of distribution and viewing
If they genuinely didn't know that before they started up their business, then they're so unbelievably stupid that I almost feel sorry for them...