Lisbon

Old May 28th 2013, 8:21 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Lisbon

I have 1 1/2 days and 2 nights in Lisbon in June. Any recommendations for where to eat, drink and party, and what to see and do, will be warmly welcomed.
Old May 28th 2013, 8:30 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Lisbon

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
I have 1 1/2 days and 2 nights in Lisbon in June. Any recommendations for where to eat, drink and party, and what to see and do, will be warmly welcomed.
Love Lisbon.

Go to the older area in the middle of town, it's very geometric - all kind of squared/grid layout. There's a big tower in the middle if I recall, get the tram up to the top of the hill where St Georges Castle is, (kind of on left hand side while looking towards the sea), there are great little tavernas on the road as you walk back down.

Down by the port there are a number of warehouses kind of transformed into bars and restaurants which are good fun, we all ate here http://www.ibo-restaurante.pt/ and I can heartily recommend it. You need to get a cab there though!

Enjoy, jealous.com here.
Old May 28th 2013, 11:46 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

For goodness sake, move your enquiry to the Europe Forum! Indeed there is one specifically for Portugal. After all, what do most Middle Easterners know about effing Lisbon?
Old May 28th 2013, 11:55 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mentalist
For goodness sake, move your enquiry to the Europe Forum! Indeed there is one specifically for Portugal. After all, what do most Middle Easterners know about effing Lisbon?
Kix obviously knows something, you plank.

Apart from yourself (as it involves spending money), the people on the ME forum are generally well traveled so why not ask here?
Old May 28th 2013, 11:55 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mentalist
Fair comment nicely put Thing is, I don't know anybody on the Europe / Portugal forum, and although they may come up with suggestions I won't know whether to trust them. Whereas, on this forum, I think I've got the measure of most people...
Old May 28th 2013, 12:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

Friends on mine here in Dxb own a flat in Lisbon. Surprise surprise!
Old May 28th 2013, 12:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Fair comment nicely put Whereas, on this forum, I think I've got the measure of most people...
Such as the Mental One being singularly unhelpful, snide and tight-fisted?
Old May 28th 2013, 12:40 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Fair comment nicely put Thing is, I don't know anybody on the Europe / Portugal forum, and although they may come up with suggestions I won't know whether to trust them. Whereas, on this forum, I think I've got the measure of most people...
Never been, but Daddy has and said it was lovely.

Enjoy.